New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 93 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Is it true the Honda CRV 2nd Gen Made in Thailand is super poor quality? Meron ako Honda CRV 2004... after 5 years thing started to break down... ngayon many multiple repair na in all parts like Radiator, Rack and Pinion, Brake Master Cylinders, Suspension, etc.. 85,000 Kilometers na mileage ko.

Meron ako friend with Innova 2004.. halos walang sila...

Proven na ba the Honda CRV 2nd Gen is lemon talaga. I'm deciding whether to sell it and buy a 2nd hand innova or kahit Avanza...

I need the CRV because minsan I go to market and stay inside... I won't worry about being carjacked kasi ayaw nila old CRV na hirap benta, kasi masirain, matakaw sa gas and puro sira. Ano ibang cars na carjacked resistance too (i'm thinking of a new one yun hindi nakakasilaw sa mata.. for example Fortuners sobrang nakakasilaw.. na tutulo laway pag nakita ng carjackers...).

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    Is it true the Honda CRV 2nd Gen Made in Thailand is super poor quality? Meron ako Honda CRV 2004... after 5 years thing started to break down... ngayon many multiple repair na in all parts like Radiator, Rack and Pinion, Brake Master Cylinders, Suspension, etc.. 85,000 Kilometers na mileage ko.

Meron ako friend with Innova 2004.. halos walang sila...

Proven na ba the Honda CRV 2nd Gen is lemon talaga. I'm deciding whether to sell it and buy a 2nd hand innova or kahit Avanza...

I need the CRV because minsan I go to market and stay inside... I won't worry about being carjacked kasi ayaw nila old CRV na hirap benta, kasi masirain, matakaw sa gas and puro sira. Ano ibang cars na carjacked resistance too (i'm thinking of a new one yun hindi nakakasilaw sa mata.. for example Fortuners sobrang nakakasilaw.. na tutulo laway pag nakita ng carjackers...).
    Mga china brand like haima, baic, great wall. Walang magiinterest dyan. Or pag less than 40 ka pwede MG

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Mga china brand like haima, baic, great wall. Walang magiinterest dyan. Or pag less than 40 ka pwede MG

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

good idea.. ano meaning ng MG?

How is the safety profile of china made vehicles? One thing bothering me about keeping the CRV 2004 for another 20 years is its safety performance.. parang nasa bottom lang... for example.. the foot area is smaller than the Subaru Forester (which I also owned for main use).. so in the event of frontal collision.. ma injure feet mo... ano worthy candidates for low profile car pang coding use or trekking to the heart of quiapo or tondo where robbers and holduppers abound?

totoo ba lahat na spare parts ng Toyota is 2/3 the price of Honda or even lower?

And again mga people... totoo ba mas tibay ang 1st Gen CRV than 2nd Gen CRV because the 1st Gen CRV is fully made in japan whereas the 2nd gen CRV is made in Thailand?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017

How is the safety profile of china made vehicles? One thing bothering me about keeping the CRV 2004 for another 20 years is its safety performance.. parang nasa bottom lang... for example.. the foot area is smaller than the Subaru Forester (which I also owned for main use).. so in the event of frontal collision.. ma injure feet mo... ano worthy candidates for low profile car pang coding use or trekking to the heart of quiapo or tondo where robbers and holduppers abound?

totoo ba lahat na spare parts ng Toyota is 2/3 the price of Honda or even lower?

And again mga people... totoo ba mas tibay ang 1st Gen CRV than 2nd Gen CRV because the 1st Gen CRV is fully made in japan whereas the 2nd gen CRV is made in Thailand?
    Chinese people avoid china-made cars if they can. Unreliable with almost no resale value, chinese cars are usually treated as disposable.
    Pansin ko nga last year nung bumisita ako, mostly german & japanese cars ang makikita sa daan. Kung makakita ako ng isa o dalwang chinese brand, pang-delivery purpose lang.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017

MG is a Taiwan brand and it stands for Morris Garage.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017

The only problem I encountered with my CR-V 98 was the transmission. Other than that, I replaced the Aircon compressor.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    isn't MG "morris garage", formerly a pioneering automotive british marquee, now owned by an entity based in mainland china?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    The only problem I encountered with my CR-V 98 was the transmission. Other than that, I replaced the Aircon compressor.
    Tibay naman ng CRV 98 mo.. ilan mileage mo na? Kahit brake pads mo hindi nasisira? Ako 85,000 km acquired in 2004.

Nasira ko na parts na ay:

1. Radiator Unit - nag leak and nawala lahat na coolant while driving at Araneta.. cost 13K
    2. Brake Master - leaking and replaced costing 12K
    3. Rack and Pinions - Leaking after 10 years and original costs 46k so I got a replacement 2 years ago pero leaked rin replacement
    4. Suspension - nag start tagtag after 8 years at 50,000 km mileage.. then pina replaced ko replacement pero matagtag now ulit
    5. Stabilizer.. pinalit rin Stabilizer sa baba kasi nakaka cause daw ng tagtag mga 2nd gen kaya ginawang 3rd gen stabilizer ng Honda casa
    6. Aircon Thermostat - nasira and costs more than 10k to fix
    7. Aircon Radiator.. pinalit na 2 times
    8. Steering pump ... leaked and sealed na nila 2 times tapus leak naman
    9. Door lock - many sides nasira lock and replace whole set
    10. Hoses leak - lahat na hoses mai leak na
    11. Oil leak - meron 15 parts na may oil leak pero I don't fix this kasi sobra mahal like 80k
    12 Etc. I forgot others

Ask ko lang. Sa mga CRV owners.. normal ba ganyan na problema or malas lang ako sa lemon na car (CRV 2004 made in Thailand) na kuha ko?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    200,000 km

I forgot to mention the suspensions and others, it has been replaced. Although it is tolerable, but I wanted a smooth ride so I decided to replace it once I had the opportunity.

I still have a leaking fluid for my steering, I've been lazy to have it repaired (besides the fact that I don't have money yet because of my purchase of a new car). The bushings for the exhaust pipe is clanking, I haven't had the time to check auto shops for it.

Almost all hoses have been replaced for cosmetic reasons together with radiator. I think it's normal to replace it after 15 years.

Again, my real complaint was the transmission. It lasted for about 15 years, more or less.

Consumption is 7-8 km/L for city driving while it reaches 9-10 km/L for highway driving.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    200,000 km

I forgot to mention the suspensions and others, it has been replaced. Although it is tolerable, but I wanted a smooth ride so I decided to replace it once I had the opportunity.

I still have a leaking fluid for my steering, I've been lazy to have it repaired (besides the fact that I don't have money yet because of my purchase of a new car). The bushings for the exhaust pipe is clanking, I haven't had the time to check auto shops for it.

Almost all hoses have been replaced for cosmetic reasons together with radiator. I think it's normal to replace it after 15 years.

Again, my real complaint was the transmission. It lasted for about 15 years, more or less.

Consumption is 7-8 km/L for city driving while it reaches 9-10 km/L for highway driving.
    My oil seals have been leaking for 6 years na.. I don't wanna spend 50k for complete repair of them. About my leaking replacement rack and pinion.. maybe I can just let it leak.. i'd consume just one bottle for 6 months kaysa put new one for 46k.

According to the safety profile at 24 Honda CR-V

Hindi good ang performance sa Side impact ng CRV 2004 kasi wala air bags.

Is it possible put add-on side air bags sa mga CRV na walang side airbag?

Honda CRV [continued]