Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Nagdownshift lang gear kaya sumipa bigla

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
    This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dapat Kasi Hinde mo na tinanong dito kung Meron turbo eh. Para pag nag drive ka akala mo talaga pumpalo turbo. Honda CRV [continued]

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    oh man, sorry na po hehe

iVTEC lang ba yung pumapalo na parang turbo? kapag kasi oovertake ako i-didiin ko lang yung pedal tapos ayun para nang rocket yung CRV.
    Is this your first Honda? Hondas usually have a very different profile at high revs. The Jekyll and Hyde nature is a defining characteristic of most VTEC engines. Coupled with the downshift, you'll really feel much more power.

If you were driving a turbo though, you'd feel a surge of power at much lower revs (2500-3000 rpm), though the power plateaus at around 5500 rpm. On the other hand, the naturally aspirated CRV revs happily all the way to its 6800 rpm redline.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    VTEC pala at hindi turbo.

Maybe in your next purchase, you will get the much newer CRV with the 1.5L turbo engine.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If you're going to be a troll, at least get your facts correctly ... like OB ... are you sure you're allowed to drive already? You might end up like this guy ...

How to park your Porsche In Vancouver - YouTube

Canada's worst parking job leads police to hit-and-run suspect - British Columbia - CBC News

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

The turbo engine you're referring to is Honda's 1.5 Earth Dreams. This is what it looks like:

The "Earth Dreams" logo is prominently displayed, and the turbo is visible.
    Does this mean sir that the current gen Honda city, jazz, and mobilio has turbos?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Does this mean sir that the current gen Honda city, jazz, and mobilio has turbos?
    Only the Civic RS comes with the 1.5L "Earth Dreams" turbo engine within the local market.

The City, Jazz, and Mobilio comes with the old 1.5L NA engine used on the previous model City and Jazz.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Only the Civic RS comes with the 1.5L "Earth Dreams" turbo engine within the local market.

The City, Jazz, and Mobilio comes with the old 1.5L NA engine used on the previous model City and Jazz.
    I see sir. Thanks for the clarification.
    I got mixed up with the "Earth Dreams" label.

Quoting from honda philippines site:
    "Under the hood of the New City retains its 1.5 Liter i-VTEC engine mated to either a Manual Transmission or Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) developed under Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology for optimal power engine and fuel efficiency."

http://www.hondaphil.com/news/new-te...he-honda-city/

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Honda's "Earth Dreams" technology is about clean and green methods, making their engines more fuel efficient with less emissions without compromising output. Even the Accord's old K24 engine was redesigned to incorporate Earth Dreams technology.

However, all such engines with the exception on the Civic RS turbo are still naturally aspirated (NA). The iVTEC technology built into them makes them more lively at certain rpm stages when the iVTEC engages.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    If you're going to be a troll, at least get your facts correctly ... like OB ... are you sure you're allowed to drive already? You might end up like this guy ...

How to park your Porsche In Vancouver - YouTube

Canada's worst parking job leads police to hit-and-run suspect - British Columbia - CBC News
    I don't think it was a troll post. Just misinformed. Which is why we try to reply in a supportive and informative manner. 😊

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Honda CRV [continued]