New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 433 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Honda has issued a stop sale on the 2016 Civic with the 2.0-liter four-cylinder for a problem that might allegedly lead to engine failure. The company also plans to recall and inspect the examples already with customers. Honda spokesperson Chris Martin tells Autoblog that the issue doesn't affect any Civics with the 1.5-liter turbocharged engine.

"While the specific details of this action are still being determined, American Honda has provided preliminary information to the NHTSA and intends to provide more details in a formal notification to NHTSA on Friday, February 5," Martin said. After the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration acknowledges the details, Honda will issue an official statement about the problem.

A post on the CivicX forum purports to have a Honda document detailing the fault. Some of the 2.0-liter engines may have missing or miss-set piston pin snap rings, which could cause damage to the pistons and other internal parts. The issue reportedly affects roughly 34,000 examples of the 2016 Civic.

If the document from the CivicX forum are accurate, dealers will use a borescope to inspect the pin snap rings on the potentially affected engines. According to the forum, replacement parts are not yet available, and Honda expects to notify customers about the recall in March.

Autoblog drove the turbocharged version of the 2016 Civic late in 2015 and came away fairly impressed. We loved the new engine and quiet interior but weren't so enamored with the CVT. In any case, if you're in the market for a new Civic, you may now have one more reason to consider the new turbo mill.
    Honda issues stop sale on 2016 Civic with 2.0-liter engine

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Ok na din na may recall this early para pag dating dito maayos na. Advantage of getting models a year later than other countries.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blooperoo View Post
    Ok na din na may recall this early para pag dating dito maayos na. Advantage of getting models a year later than other countries.
    Puzzling that the recall impacted their tried and tested R20 2.0L engine. At least, their TOTL 1.5L turbo model is not impacted.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Puzzling that the recall impacted their tried and tested R20 2.0L engine. At least, their TOTL 1.5L turbo model is not impacted.
    Its an updated k20 engine. I dont think we will see a 2.0 here in the Philippines.

Anyways the new Civic just killed the Mazda 3 2.5L. Small displacement with turbo and CVt beats the Atkinson Mazda.

Earthdreams beat Skyactiv hehehe.

The 2016 Elantra doesnt stand a chance.

https://youtu.be/ETKA3iV6mA4

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Mega. I want that engine in the jazz

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Mega. I want that engine in the jazz

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    If Honda finds a way to make the engine bay of the Jazz have the same volume as the Civic FB, then maybe they can cook up a hot subcompact hatchback much like the Fiesta ST with its 1.6L Ecoboost engine rated at almost 200hp.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Its an updated k20 engine. I dont think we will see a 2.0 here in the Philippines.

Anyways the new Civic just killed the Mazda 3 2.5L. Small displacement with turbo and CVt beats the Atkinson Mazda.

Earthdreams beat Skyactiv hehehe.

The 2016 Elantra doesnt stand a chance.

https://youtu.be/ETKA3iV6mA4
    I think the new 2.0L. Nu of elantra is Atkinson cycle engine. The performance is I don't know though.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    I think the new 2.0L. Nu of elantra is Atkinson cycle engine. The performance is I don't know though.
    Atkinson but not direct injection. I was hoping they would match the skyactiv 2.0 but the mpg numbers arent that good.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    so di dinala d2 ang gdi engine. euro 4 gasoline na tayo ah.