New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 433 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    At least the Focus now has a rival in the power stakes, but the CVT is a big question mark. The bigger question mark is the price. They have to price it well or else they will price it too near a discounted Subaru WRX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    At least the Focus now has a rival in the power stakes, but the CVT is a big question mark. The bigger question mark is the price. They have to price it well or else they will price it too near a discounted Subaru WRX.

how much po yun discount ng wrx ngayon sir?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RF02 View Post
    how much po yun discount ng wrx ngayon sir?
    Alam ko malaki sa mt. Sa cvt hindi ata.

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    img_1849.jpg

Currently own one.. medyo dami pang issues na kailangang ayusin especially yung infotainment system + medyo sluggish cvt. Nasanay kasi ako sa CVT ng Lancer GTA na linear, etong CVT ng Civic, medyo may surge ng kaunti.. hindi ko lang alan kung dahil ba sa tapak ko sa gas or ganun talaga.

Pero sa highway, panalo!!! ramdam ang turbo kahit paano.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by baniparairo01 View Post
    img_1849.jpg

Currently own one.. medyo dami pang issues na kailangang ayusin especially yung infotainment system + medyo sluggish cvt. Nasanay kasi ako sa CVT ng Lancer GTA na linear, etong CVT ng Civic, medyo may surge ng kaunti.. hindi ko lang alan kung dahil ba sa tapak ko sa gas or ganun talaga.

Pero sa highway, panalo!!! ramdam ang turbo kahit paano.
    Sluggish? You mean may time parang walang turbo?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tapak lng siguro. All the American reviews praise the earthdreams cvt.

Whats your average mpg bro? Over 35?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I'm thinking 1.2m for the turbo......

I saw a video posted somewhere here. It's faster in all respects (standing start, rolling start, rolling cruise, in gear acceleration, etc) than the previous generation 200hp NA civic. Wow

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I'm thinking 1.2m for the turbo......

I saw a video posted somewhere here. It's faster in all respects (standing start, rolling start, rolling cruise, in gear acceleration, etc) than the previous generation 200hp NA civic. Wow

Better than the mazda6 2.5 also 😊

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Wonder if it's worth upgrading my jazz to this. I love the space and ease of driving and parking of the Jazz. It's fun too.

But it's not fast. Hehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Some tests in the US were claiming a 7 second 0-60kmh sprint. That's very quick for a compact, even quicker than most midsize with 2.4L-2.5L NA engines (8 seconds average). The Focus 1.5L Ecoboost may have the advantage in power & torque but it is heavier by 100kg. The tests for the Focus states around 8+ seconds for a 0-100kmh sprint. What Honda did is kept the weight of the Honda FB (1200-1300 kg) and made the car with a longer wheelbase and wider wheel track.

If the Civic 1.5L turbo is priced around 1.2M to 1.3M, that would surely take a big chunk of the sales of the TOTL compact market.