New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Okay. So you have to remove the rear seat to access the FF haven't seen this done yet.... the mechanic should have clean hands or else your rear seats will get dirty. lol It is good to know that it can be cleaned to save you money on replacing one. So this type of FF is different from the FF element that I know in diesel engine because it can't be cleaned you have to replaced it.
    Not only that, spillproof the area, esp the carpet. Open doors & lower windows. Ready a small pail for the old filter. Your cabin will be petrol scented for a while.🤭

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Not only that, spillproof the area, esp the carpet. Open doors & lower windows. Ready a small pail for the old filter. Your cabin will be petrol scented for a while.🤭

Why did they design it like that how about city or civic also the same setup? and can it be access at the bottom via hydraulic lift it will be much easier this way than doing it at the rear seat.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    This assembly (filter-pump-float level sensor) should be similar. The filter is the ones on the bottom-most part like a wire mesh.

I'd be careful leaving a loose electrical connector on that(best use silicon grease for insulation) imagine spark inside flammable vapour, your car becomes a naphthalene bomb.

For diesels its more complicated since fuel alone is dirty and thick oil in nature (which is prone to bacterial bloom, coagulation, water contamination from blending ethanol and precipitation of tank). The pump, filter, float are usually separate. Fuel system must be cleaned by filtering and coalescing the water(water separation) so there are even sometimes separate filters for these. Some diesels does not even have an electric pump the fuel injector does the sucking.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Why did they design it like that how about city or civic also the same setup? and can it be access at the bottom via hydraulic lift it will be much easier this way than doing it at the rear seat.
    All mainstream modern gasoline cars are like that now. It’s like they don’t want you DYIing the car.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Fore-axle is now the common adapted tank location. More for safety, away from crumple zones. Access from the tank floor? This would require emptying your tank prior to filter/pump service. More work.
    Oh, a tip, bring your fuel level down to a fourth left prior to doing it. Less mess.[emoji4]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    All mainstream modern gasoline cars are like that now. It’s like they don’t want you DYIing the car.
    Haha...likely, but they're still DIYable. Once had to replace our nonMazda's fuel pump assembly coz the faulty integral pressure regulator wasn't sold separately. Messy job, patience plenty needed.🥴The culprit.Pump worked, but no rail pressure.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Fore-axle is now the common adapted tank location. More for safety, away from crumple zones. Access from the tank floor? This would require emptying your tank prior to filter/pump service. More work.
    Oh, a tip, bring your fuel level down to a fourth left prior to doing it. Less mess.[emoji4]

Yep front engine compartment is already crumpled. Thank you for the tip.... But still long way to go before replacing the fuel filter. Im just surprise on the location and process of replacing it as a first timer owning a sedan. I assume labor cost for this one will be much higher? In diesel replacing fuel filter element they just charge 300 pesos.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    I check the driver seat side and the recommended tire pressure for front is 33psi and at the rear is 30psi. If the car is loaded with 5 passenger (including driver) is it okay to make the rear tire pressure also at 33 or just stay at 30psi.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    I check the driver seat side and the recommended tire pressure for front is 33psi and at the rear is 30psi. If the car is loaded with 5 passenger (including driver) is it okay to make the rear tire pressure also at 33 or just stay at 30psi.
    Okay din sa 33 sa rear kung loaded. Para mas hindi mag flex ang side walls.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    many owner's manuals will indicate suggested psi with and without load.
    offhand, adding 10% should still be fine.
    just note the individual tire's load rating.