Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    When traversing deep floods
    Manual car
    1st gear and 2nd gear
    Automatic
    L or 2
    to prevent water from entering the exhaust
    so kung may paddles shifters - sa lowest gear parati? wala kasing L or 2 selector iyong tranny ng fd or ng monty namin
    Last edited by baludoy; August 26th, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Wala ako L or 2, + M or -. Saan dun?
    Just put it on M saka pwede mo na rin sa M-

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by TaNgENgot View Post
    thanks po ....iyon "ÖD" saan nga po pala gamit noon or paano gamitin ?
    You know OD is Over Drive

You should know you should drive w/ OD on
    its is for the engine to shift to higher gear
    OD off is for highway driving or inclined highway driving for better acceleration
    The instruction comes with your which is written in the owner's manual

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    I can't access the link anymore.

I just drove through gutter deep flood waters tonight in Buendia. It was so frightening I was already crying while I was driving. I could hardly see the road. It was raining too hard and I have bad eyesight. I could only see the flashing of those cars with hazard lights.

It's a good thing I was with my Mom and she told me to just keep in mind what Dad taught us when driving through floods. The problem is that was with a manual car! I just know to stay in gear and not to shift then pump the brakes after passing the floods. Tinuloy ko na since I saw a Civic and City pass the flood.

What's the protocol when driving an AT car through flood? What do I need to do after?

OT: I followed an exsior about half the drive from Lucky Chinatown to Quirino/Taft. He seemed to know where to pass. I was adamant taking Lagusnilad but when he did, sumunod na ko and it was a good call. It started raining hard about 10 mins pa lang and Lagusnilad was not flooded yet.

Use your left foot with the brake pedal, so your right foot could constantly pump the gas pedal to avoid stalling.
    Last edited by leodawesome; August 26th, 2014 at 09:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    That's the problem driving a matic, I don't want to compromise my ride stalling. Once I see the water is gutter deep or deeper than the sidewalk I don't proceed anymore, better look for alternative route or park some where safe. Let the water subside a little before venturing out again.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Reminded me of my harrowing experience when I forded the flood from yakal to buendia during last year's habagat. If not for the 4wd option, the jimny would have been on sulit by now. I remember seing the waves splashing on the hood and the side of the driver's door and praying so hard like there was no tomorrow. I'm so impressed with the performance of the jimny!

I think therefore I am...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    2014 Altis

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Once you put the shift lever to M or Manual mode it will stay in the middle of the + and -. If you are in a full stop and put it at M, nasa 1st na po yun gear. If you are running and put it to M, it will retain the current gear where you are in. Shift it to either + or - when you remove your hand on the shift lever it will go back in the middle of the +& - position.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    just last night,i underestimated the flood along Alfonso Mendoza rd from quiapo, around 1 am actually marami ng hindi tumuloy pero ako itong inip na umuwi dahil gusto na magpahinga, hintay kunti, may nakita akong vios sumugod sumunod na ako sa kalagitnaan ng baha malalim pala mga above knee, akala ko lulutang yung fofi ko kitang kita ko yung nag build up na tubig sa harap naiilawan ng HL, ayaw ko nung ganung pakiramdam ****, after macross baha umilaw ABS, kinabukasan nawala din naman... Nagpalakas ng loob ko yung review of Jeremy Clarkson sa Top gear sa fofi nilusong sa dagat and fofi is mataas ang airintake taas ng headlight but hindi hindi ko na uulitin yun kahit dalawang beses ko ng ginawa wew... Under my observation fofi ko now baka may bibigay na bearing or anything, nag DIy under wash narin ako...
    Ano guys mga observe pyesa after fording floods?
    Last edited by 3GEMS; August 27th, 2014 at 02:52 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Been there, done that and will never do it again! I got my CEL lighting up after the fording but luckily no detected leak yet.

I think therefore I am...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post
    Once you put the shift lever to M or Manual mode it will stay in the middle of the + and -. If you are in a full stop and put it at M, nasa 1st na po yun gear. If you are running and put it to M, it will retain the current gear where you are in. Shift it to either + or - when you remove your hand on the shift lever it will go back in the middle of the +& - position.
    Thanks. So when I am going to pass through flood, I will do a full stop first then shift to M? After passing the flood, I can shift direct to D?

What is the purpose of the + and - pala?

I don't know if I am being paranoid pero parang iba na takbo ng auto ko I know that a civic and city easily passed through the flood in Buendia but what I am worried about e baka nagshift yung auto while I drove through the flood on D It's gutter to a little over gutter deep kasi may dip yung road.

Same question as 3GEMS, what needs to be checked after driving a flooded road?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Survival Guide: Driving Through Floods 101