New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Censored yung link... here's a better one:

https://www.facebook.com/Kotsedotcom...53289264748207

What you did was okay... simply watch and see that other cars can make it... then take your turn.

But you should always be aware of how high your intake is... because some cars have ridiculously low intakes (mid-90's Lancers and Sentras... CR-Vs, Escapes) compared to their competitors.

EDIT: Link also borked... weh... copy paste nalang.

http://www.kotse.com/index.php/features/item/900-suvival-guide-driving-through-flood
    Last edited by niky; August 26th, 2014 at 02:25 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    With a/t, just put it in low gear. Drive very slowly and easy on the gas pedal.

Max I would get into a flood is 3/4 the tires. Any higher, I'll let others pass me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Same protocol driving an M/T.

I actually find AT better than MT when fording floods, one can focus more on the roads and not worrying with the gear. Also, MT has the tendency slipping the clutch when flooded.

Similar damage in case water breached powertrain & transmission. Hub-height flood fording is safe, but going beyond could flood breather tubes of tranny/transfer. Having a milky-colored ATF is a sign of water breach in your tranny..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What is L for A/Ts? I only know D

I am not sure if I drove slow enough kanina, I was so used to driving a manual in 1st gear when driving through gutter deep flood, I don't know if the gears shifted while I was passing the flooded area

What do I need to do to the car now to check that it's okay? I need to get an underwash at the casa? My car is 7 months old pa lang nabaha na :cry:

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What is L for A/Ts? I only know D

I am not sure if I drove slow enough kanina, I was so used to driving a manual in 1st gear when driving through gutter deep flood, I don't know if the gears shifted while I was passing the flooded area

What do I need to do to the car now to check that it's okay? I need to get an underwash at the casa? My car is 7 months old pa lang nabaha na :cry:
    diba lower gear? alam ko 2-3-d-n-r-p

-ninjababez-

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ano yung lower gear? 1? Kasi naka D lang ako kanina.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    L = low, equivalent to 1st gear from the usual AT shift pattern.. P-R-N-D-2-L

Kung hub-height flood OK pa yan since wheel bearings are designed for that, bearings are sealed & packed with grease for water insulation. Kung madalas na nilulusong sa baha, ibang istorya na kasi eventually ma wash-out ang selants and syempre metal exposed to water = corrossion.. Just observe yung mga vehicles from Malabon and those naka park sa flooded streets, madali mabulok pang ilalim..

Usually underwash lang to remove acids from flood/sewage then inspect drivebelts for slippage, plus yung mga basura na dumidikit sa radiator, fender protector, etc..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    L = low, equivalent to 1st gear from the usual AT shift pattern.. P-R-N-D-2-L

Kung hub-height flood OK pa yan since wheel bearings are designed for that, bearings are sealed & packed with grease for water insulation. Kung madalas na nilulusong sa baha, ibang istorya na kasi eventually ma wash-out ang selants and syempre metal exposed to water = corrossion.. Just observe yung mga vehicles from Malabon and those naka park sa flooded streets, madali mabulok pang ilalim..

Usually underwash lang to remove acids from flood/sewage then inspect drivebelts for slippage, plus yung mga basura na dumidikit sa radiator, fender protector, etc..
    if L=1st gear in M/T

What are the equivalent of "D" and "2" in M/T ? (meron pa nga atang "3" ba ?)

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    yung may +/- (tiptronic?) P - R - N - D nalang ba?

-ninjababez-

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TaNgENgot View Post
    if L=1st gear in M/T

What are the equivalent of "D" and "2" in M/T ? (meron pa nga atang "3" ba ?)
    Yung "D" = all gears in the tranny including overdrive (OD on dapat)

"2" = segunda din sa MT, 2nd gear. Usually ginagamit sa pababa kasi sobrang bagal naman minsan "L" gear.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Survival Guide: Driving Through Floods 101