New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ah-nuld is good-looking.
    he wouldn't have won all those beautiful muscles contests, if he wasn't good-lookin'.

i read many years ago, a mr olympia judge interview. "aside from the obvious musculature, we also look at the face, THE HAIR (or lack thereof), the teeth, the height, the symmetry... physical deformities..".. one would think they were judging horses and not humans...
    this was many years ago, when bald was in, but only if one was named yul.
    if compared to al pacino and robert redford in terms of face value, i dont think so...if we throw in his physique to the mix, its a different story, about the judging doc, most of it is politics, back then the weider brothers( ifbb founders) was trying to get bodybuilding into the olympics, gusto nila yung best personality, best ambassador, now its a freak show... di lang nakapasa coz of the drugs...little do they know, lahat ng sports may dopping...as in lahat..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    we all have our opinions on what is guwapo and what is not.
    sorry na lang tayo kung sa tingin ni boss, ay hindi tayo guwapo.
    we will just have to work a bit harder.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we all have our opinions on what is guwapo and what is not.
    sorry na lang tayo kung sa tingin ni boss, ay hindi tayo guwapo.
    we will just have to work a bit harder.
    My boss is not just guapo, he is perfect, and it inspires me to do my work better I really complained when we transferred to another floor and I was not sitting beside him anymore hahaha!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    if compared to al pacino and robert redford in terms of face value, i dont think so...if we throw in his physique to the mix, its a different story, about the judging doc, most of it is politics, back then the weider brothers( ifbb founders) was trying to get bodybuilding into the olympics, gusto nila yung best personality, best ambassador, now its a freak show... di lang nakapasa coz of the drugs...little do they know, lahat ng sports may dopping...as in lahat..

what the bodybuilding judge was saying, was that "in a bodybuilding contest, having a good-looking face and no male pattern baldness, is an advantage".
    translation: "face has value".

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Most people I know tend to treat good looking people better. That's just natural I guess. But I don't know about life being made hard for you by others just because you are unattractive. I don't think Pinoys are like that.
    C'mon. We all know Pinoys are very judgemental. Narrow pointy nose, light complexion, how someone dresses, where you go to college, even what province you're from..... Little things that get scrutinized and decide how people look at you. I was on the lucky side. But, I didn't like the double standard either. Gossip was just around every corner.

When I first arrived there, my legs were so white that girls kept rubbing their hands on my thighs.

"Shoo. Go away. Leave my legs alone."

This forum is full of the stereotyping if you look long enough and that's just the ones typed in English.

Back in New York, we had an old lady who just arrived from the PH. The very first thing she asked me (even before my name) is where did I graduate? I'm like, "What? I graduated college here in the US. But, I attended Mapua while I was there."

Another is when we attended a Fil-Am party where no one knew me. When I walked in, everybody suddenly became silent and started whispering. My wife said one of them remarked to her, "I didn't know your husband was Hispanic." Once my wife explained everything, then they welcomed me in.

That happened twice in two different Fil-Am parties.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 3rd, 2017 at 02:09 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    C'mon. We all know Pinoys are very judgemental. Narrow pointy nose, light complexion, how someone dresses, where you go to college, even what province you're from..... Little things that get scrutinized and decide how people look at you. I was on the lucky side. But, I didn't like the double standard either. Gossip was just around every corner.

When I first arrived there, my legs were so white that girls kept rubbing their hands on my thighs.

This forum is full of the stereotyping if you look long enough and that's just the ones typed in English.

Back in New York, we had an old lady who just arrived from the PH. The very first thing she asked me (even before my name) is where did I graduate? I'm like, "What? I graduated college here in the US. But, I attended Mapua while I was there."

Another is when we attended a Fil-Am party where no one knew me. When I walked in, everybody suddenly became silent and started whispering. My wife said one of them remarked to her, "I didn't know your husband was Hispanic." Once my wife explained everything, then they welcomed me in.

I guess I've been lucky to have never witnessed that kind of bullying, if you will. Maybe just a bit when I was a kid. But for majority of the time, my classmates/friends/coworkers have been the more politically correct ones.

Preference for a certain body type/height/complexion is there, but bullying the not-so-attractive? It just wasn't there. At least not out in the open.

Btw, I don't consider girls rubbing on my thighs to be a bad thing. It sounds good actually. 😁

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Btw, I don't consider girls rubbing on my thighs to be a bad thing. It sounds good actually. 😁
    "Hey ladies, it gets whiter on the way up."

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post

i was eating at a filipino(street) turo turo in seoul, i told my daughter to fetch my wife, as they were coming towards us...the server asked, wow sir korean pala misis nyo?...i quipped, hindi po, bisaya yan...maputi lang, toink

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I'm fascinated with the golden ratio (which is all about symmetry) I asked my dentist if he can fix my teeth according to the golden ratio, akala ata nababaliw ako
    well, in real life its not always the case, i most interesting people have flaws, Sly is one, charlton heston and harrison ford..walang perfect.....that only happens on facebook..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Btw, I don't consider girls rubbing on my thighs to be a bad thing. It sounds good actually. ��
    I'm ticklish there.

It didn't take long for my legs to get dark. Being out in the sun all the time and swimming in salt water helped.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 3rd, 2017 at 11:21 AM.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Is Life Harder for Physically Unattractive People?