Lol! 😂
    -------

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So he thinks good looking people can get away with a lot of things
    it's true

i had a guy friend in college who i think (looking back) is a psychopath

he had a kind of superficial charm that disarms people

he had this ability to talk his way out of trouble (he gets himself into trouble a lot)

and madami siya naloko na babae

pag alam niya may gusto sa kanya ang girl, he would pretend to be interested in the girl, lead her on, then dump her (of course bubuntisin niya muna bago niya idump)

wala siya konsensya but because he's charming people like him

AND

my ex-friend...

she drives like crazy (it's a mystery why she hasn't yet been caught by somebody else's dashcam)

she also has a kind of superficial charm that allows her to talk her way out of trouble

she violates traffic rules a lot so she gets flagged down a lot but most of the time traffic enforcers just let her go after a few words (to her there's no such thing as number coding)

so yeah, attractive people do get away with things ordinary looking people don't

since they know they can charm their way out of trouble, they're not afraid to get into trouble
    Last edited by uls; June 3rd, 2017 at 01:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I guess I've been lucky to have never witnessed that kind of bullying, if you will. Maybe just a bit when I was a kid. But for majority of the time, my classmates/friends/coworkers have been the more politically correct ones.

Preference for a certain body type/height/complexion is there, but bullying the not-so-attractive? It just wasn't there. At least not out in the open.
    It's not bullying. Just preconceived notions that should never have been. You don't see see them expressing it overtly. But, they sure do in their thoughts and behind your back.

I'm sure you've seen some who thought if you didn't graduate from this or that university in the PH, it means you're worthless. There are others who make fun of a dark complexion.

Anyway, back to the one complaining in the original post........

Before accusing anyone of being unfair, I would ask that guy to list down everything he did every month that deserved recognition, a pay raise, a higher pay grade, or just plain kudos and a pat on the back. If he can show that with a good history, then, he may have a good reason for complaining.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    May previous admin kami, GMA time yun.

Yung appointed president, the whole team is composed of pretty ladies! Binibining pilipinas type of beauties.

Ayun before after matapos ang term? Pinuwesto na din niya sa magaganda at mataas na pwesto.

I encounter some of them during meetings and yun nga alam mo na ganda lang. Buti na lang mabait at maganda.

Still not worthy of the position they are currently in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    "Hey ladies, it gets whiter on the way up."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I guess I've been lucky to have never witnessed that kind of bullying, if you will. Maybe just a bit when I was a kid. But for majority of the time, my classmates/friends/coworkers have been the more politically correct ones.

Preference for a certain body type/height/complexion is there, but bullying the not-so-attractive? It just wasn't there. At least not out in the open.

Btw, I don't consider girls rubbing on my thighs to be a bad thing. It sounds good actually. ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'm ticklish there.

It didn't take long for my legs to get dark. Being out in the sun all the time and swimming in salt water helped.
    Bros, but most importantly....

"Father (in this case Sister), remember Psalm 129???...."

������

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Bros, but most importantly....

"Father (in this case Sister), remember Psalm 129???...."
    Can't say I'm religious. I had to look that one up. But, I don't think the girls meant anything bad. However, they were older than me. One of them asked me if I knew how to play with fire (translated). If I had a brain then, I would have said yes. But, in my innocence, I said my mom doesn't allow me to play with matches.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    On the other hand, baka naman gini-guilt trip ka niyan para mamanipulate kayo...kesyo kayong mga magaganda, di pumapansin sa pangit;
    ito style ng HS friend ko, gulat nalang ako na crush ko gf na nya. ^_^

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Can't say I'm religious. I had to look that one up. But, I don't think the girls meant anything bad. However, they were older than me. One of them asked me if I knew how to play with fire (translated). If I had a brain then, I would have said yes. But, in my innocence, I said my mom doesn't allow me to play with matches.
    your innocence probably saved you from some unsavory experience after a night with venus.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    your innocence probably saved you from some unsavory experience after a night with venus.
    C'mon. A couple of kids doing it? Perhaps for the first time? Nah.

By the time I left the PH, I was having fun in Manila and I don't mean the kiddie family fun.

I'm a mutt of a dog. I didn't mind the muck or the filth. I made the best of where I was at.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    It's not bullying. Just preconceived notions that should never have been. You don't see see them expressing it overtly. But, they sure do in their thoughts and behind your back.

I'm sure you've seen some who thought if you didn't graduate from this or that university in the PH, it means you're worthless. There are others who make fun of a dark complexion.

Anyway, back to the one complaining in the original post........

Before accusing anyone of being unfair, I would ask that guy to list down everything he did every month that deserved recognition, a pay raise, a higher pay grade, or just plain kudos and a pat on the back. If he can show that with a good history, then, he may have a good reason for complaining.
    That's the problem. He is not a "performer". My friend is his direct manager and I hear nothing but complaints regarding his work output and attitude It's really his character that's the main problem.

Although charisma/looks really makes a difference in our company. We are heavy on politics too

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Is Life Harder for Physically Unattractive People?