New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Luma na yun.

In most filtration tests, K&N comes out at the top or near the top for aftermarket filters. It's still not as clean as a stock paper filter, but it flows so much better, it's worth the price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Luma na yun.

In most filtration tests, K&N comes out at the top or near the top for aftermarket filters. It's still not as clean as a stock paper filter, but it flows so much better, it's worth the price.
    It comes out as second best among three filters tested (APEXI, K&N and SIMOTA). I dont remember the exact thread title but I remember reading it in the workshop section.

I'm using a cone filter my ride (not K&N) and have noticed improvements in acceleration, torque and fuel efficiency. The gains are noticeable (along with the increased engine noise) in city driving but are best appreciated in long driving especially the ones that involve steep uphill drives.

I'll be switching to K&N when the oil change comes around. Never mind the filter charging. I appreciate my hands getting dirty anyway

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Luma na yun.

yes. I got that link from a very old thread here.

the link mbeige posted had a K&N user and had his personal test, that K&N doesn't filter dirt as much as stock paper. but all of the racing filters gives almost equal gains.

btw, where do you guys buy K&N? may store ba dito that covers a lot of models?
    Last edited by rion; September 30th, 2007 at 04:40 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    But in order for you to get the most out of the cold air intake you should route it to the front. The ones I saw here in the pics posted are just inhaling hot air, which is less dense, and so you get less oxygen per volume.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    my brother is planning to put one on his frontier. would there be any difficulties in the installation?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Most accessory stores that carry K&N carry them in a variety of sizes. Finding one that will fit your ride takes some luck, searching, and experimenting. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    any difference when using simota instead of k&n? laki kasi ng price difference. salamat po.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    * rion, I bought my k & n filter at Pony's sa tapat ng Ali Mall, there's also a lot of models on display at Han's Tools in Edsa Shang.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *falken: ok salamat po.

*Dyipi: I think Simota is Japan/Korea made and K&N is U.S made...

posts from a old thread here: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5684

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post
    buy the knn...yes it is more expensive...but sobrang tibay and talagang nakakafilter siya ng dumi..not like simota...malakas nga ang pasok ng hangin like the knn...but the filtering abilities suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding View Post
    I agree. Dyan na lang nagkakatalo ang mga filters. Hindi lang sa performance gain (if any at all), kundi sa filtration capabilities.

K&N siempre...
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNITED View Post
    Hey bro don't use simota, a bit of a tuner myself and based on facts simota filter has low filtrating capabilities unlike Kn'N or Apexi filter etc. that would lead to dust going thru ur throttle chamber. You will also notice that Kn'N filters are "oiled" na (thats y it's redish in color), that oil helps trap dirt and dust from entering thru it.
    Simotas can lead to pretty dirty engines. Not a big issue if you follow a frequent oil change program, but it gets irritating losing power after awhile, as Simotas often lose flow over time... much quicker, in my experience, than other aftermarket filters.

I'm pretty happy with K&N... flow doesn't degrade as badly as my old Simotas did (I had them on my Sentra before)... and it's very free-flowing. I guess the only way I could get better air-flow is by using the steel-mesh filter, but that doesn't keep anything out. Looks damn cool, though... (still have one at home... )
    Last edited by rion; October 2nd, 2007 at 04:58 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i considered purchasing drop-in type K&N Filter but changed my mind for the reason that it can't filter dirt the way stock filter does..

siguro mas ok if safari snorkel na lang: cool air intake and flood fording ability. but the price hits the 20k php mark. also, sa nissan terrano lang available ung smooth-end snorkel without that large mouth thingy.. :P .. OT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
K&N Air Filter on Diesel Engines