New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same with mazdamazda

-better throttle response
    -improved my fuel economy (kahit panay hataw ko...bilis tuloy dumumi fully syn na langis ko...nagpalit agad ako after 8500 km dahil nawala na yung smooth acceleration...balik ulit ako sa Havoline Energy Synthetic ayun hataw na naman kapag may chance ehehe)

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    my car is 1.3 lumakas lalo acceleration, responsive, tipid sa gas, increased hp

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazdamazda,

nyek!sayang!nakapag-order nako sa fernandos e...tom na kabit..alukin mo kaya sa board natin..kung tom wala pa sa fernandos, sige,buy back ko
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buy the knn...yes it is more expensive...but sobrang tibay and talagang nakakafilter siya ng dumi..not like simota...malakas nga ang pasok ng hangin like the knn...but the filtering abilities suck.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by GlennSter
    buy the knn...yes it is more expensive...but sobrang tibay and talagang nakakafilter siya ng dumi..not like simota...malakas nga ang pasok ng hangin like the knn...but the filtering abilities suck.
    I agree. Dyan na lang nagkakatalo ang mga filters. Hindi lang sa performance gain (if any at all), kundi sa filtration capabilities.

K&N siempre...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's the Simota cone type air filter / K&N drop in filter comparison:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mojako/da...ta_DynoRun.mht

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm not in a position to criticize simota, but knn is very good =)
    read this please:
    http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/

knn = 2nd only to apex in terms of hp
    knn = 2nd only to apex in terms of filtering

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wow, I never thought the filter made by Apex'i would actually outperform the K&N. :cool:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Switching to non-OEM air filters (like k&N or simota) will benefit your ride's acceleration and fuel consumption, although sometimes, with the better acceleration, you may forget to let go of the gas, thereby not making the fuel economy much better than stock. hehehe.

that (intake), together with headers, slightly bigger pipes, and a freeflow muffler that doesn't announce to all and sundry that your arriving should actually help your engine breathe better.

btw, anyone know what local shop sells the apex intakes? tnx.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From Auto Extreme: Auto Bytes

Air filter stops contaminants from getting sucked into the car's engine. The stock air filter uses a fine screen of paper to stop dirt, debris and other small particles from getting inside the engine and doing damage. The openings in this type of filter have to be very small to filter efficiently, thus also somewhat restricts the flow of air. If properly maintained, the stock air filter will do a good job of stopping the dirt while still allowing on efficient flow of air volume to the engine.

However, when the engine is modified for high output, the amount of air intake needed increases as well. The stock air box simply will not allow enough air to flow in to supply a well-tuned high-output engine. For these cars and for those people who simply would want to coax more horsepower out of their stock car, they can do so my replacing the standard air filter with a modified one. These improve performance and fuel efficiency by trapping more dirt and allowing better air flow. These are generally made of foam or cotton and are completely reusable. You buy the filter once and every time it is dirty, you simply clean and refit it. This makes it easier for you to maintain a clean filter no matter how rough and dirty the streets may be where you travel.

But don't expect to "feel" a great increase in horsepower from just an air-filter modification. You may expect a car that sounds a bit louder at high RPMs, and it could rev up and down a little bit faster. You could also have a little more pickup coming out of turns and your car should breathe easier.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
stock air filter vs. simota or K&N