New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i dont know how true. nakakabawas daw ng 30% ng engine life ang simota gawa ng di maganda filter.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    30% might be a bit OA, but Simotas can lead to pretty dirty engines. Not a big issue if you follow a frequent oil change program, but it gets irritating losing power after awhile, as Simotas often lose flow over time... much quicker, in my experience, than other aftermarket filters.

I'm pretty happy with K&N... flow doesn't degrade as badly as my old Simotas did (I had them on my Sentra before)... and it's very free-flowing. I guess the only way I could get better air-flow is by using the steel-mesh filter, but that doesn't keep anything out. Looks damn cool, though... (still have one at home... )

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    do knn drop-in filters also last for a "lifetime" too? where are they available?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lots of places. If you want, you can shop around for best price... or just haggle at one shop till they meet it. Prices range between 3.5k - 4.5k, depending on the model and size.

They supposedly have a lifetime guarantee. But the cost of claiming it from the US (with shipping fees and all) probably means you're better off just buying a new one if your current one ever wears out.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^so it's as expensive as the cone type ones too. which is better sir?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A cone-type will give you more power... as long as it's not heat-soaked... when it's heat soaked, it's not far off from stock... you need to invest in a heat-shield or box to protect it in traffic if you don't want performance to degrade, but it's not really harmful, and you can leave it as is.

A drop-in type will give you less power, but will maintain the stock cold-air tubing, which is better in traffic. It'll also retain your car's stock water-fording abilities. Good if you've got a high air-intake (at hood level), bad if you've got a low one (headlight or bumper level).

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    anyone here has used or heard
    of hurricane stainless steel
    drop-in filters?

dito sa singapore forum ng kia,
    parang mas preferred nila to
    over K&N filters. am planning
    kasi on buying bago ako umuwi.
    mas mahal siya compared to K&N.

thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    performance shop here is selling me K&N drop in air filter for about 4500...my ride is diesel trooper. EXPENSIVE

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup... that's about going price for that one. The cheaper K&Ns are the simple universal cone filters.

RE: Hurricane steel mesh filters... Steel mesh flows better, ostensibly, than K&N, but filtration ability is much lower. You'll need to clean out / change oil more often to keep performance from degrading.
    Last edited by niky; May 29th, 2007 at 08:42 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    thanks sir niky!

Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
stock air filter vs. simota or K&N