New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    K&N has lots of replacement filter for any rides. (if you live in the u.s)

haven't tried one, but I will prefer replacement type. so no mods needed. most intake tubes kasi are hidden. replacing it with open cone type will inhale hot air.

mbeige has a point. but mod-adding air pressure in diesel turbos gives extra power though. so I guess, maybe only diesel turbo rides will benefit this filter...
    Last edited by rion; September 27th, 2007 at 12:22 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    K&N has lots of replacement filter for any rides. (if you live in the u.s)

haven't tried one, but I will prefer replacement type. so no mods needed. most intake tubes kasi are hidden. replacing it with open cone type will inhale hot air.

mbeige has a point. but mod-adding air pressure in diesel turbos gives extra power though. so I guess, maybe only diesel turbo rides will benefit this filter...
    I found the thread, it's on another forum (w123 section full of diesel models). I hope you guys find it informative.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w123...-k-n-myth.html

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    much better if drop-in type K&N filter na lang ang ilagay. it will still get the same cold air but with a less restriction. cone-type filter is much ok if it is routed outside the engine bay to get the cooler air. thus, more power, but not that much..

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    i tried using one on my 100s ive notivced pag humahataw ako mas lumalakas akin ng diesel and mas maingay. pero pag cruising driving lang ako pareho lang ang consumption sa oem filter. mejo maingay lang sa una but yo'll get used to it.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i'm using K&N drop-in filter for my everest (hawak ko at the pic, at the right is the stock air filter)

noticable difference is faster acceleration & a little bit noisier when at 2,500 rpm or higher. fuel consumption is the same.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    From the link I posted:

However, if a filter is using "better airflow" as their marketing tool, remember this....Does it flow better? At very high airflow volumes, probably. BUT, our engines CAN'T flow that much air unless super-modified, so what is the point? The stock filter will flow MORE THAN ENOUGH AIR to give you ALL THE HORSEPOWER the engine has to give. And this remains true until the filter is dirty enough to be recognizeable. At that point performance will decline somewhat. Replace the filter and get on with it.
    For those who claimed faster acceleration, are you sure it's really faster or just psychological from the increased noise that makes you think you're going faster? Just having a discussion, not arguing.

Which reminds me, I have yet to change the filter on mine. I wonder how it looks like now. :p

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    its worth, fc the same but runs faster very useful in overtaking and long driving...mas malakas resistenya if compare to human because of substantial air flow than stock...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by saipeme View Post
    its worth, fc the same but runs faster very useful in overtaking and long driving...mas malakas resistenya if compare to human because of substantial air flow than stock...
    naka drop-in po ba yung Innova niyo?

and pwede po ba yung K&N drop-in sa Trooper & Starex? tnx

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    naka drop-in po ba yung Innova niyo?

and pwede po ba yung K&N drop-in sa Trooper & Starex? tnx
    yes,drop in yong sa akin...regarding to your concern check this site http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx hope this help....

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    filtration test here: ac delco is not included though...

http://mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
K&N Air Filter on Diesel Engines