New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 87 of 235 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    My ride is a 2008 Crosswind manual. Problem is it jerks whenever it reached 2k rpm on any gear whether on flat or uphill road, even at 5th gear it's still jerks a lot as if fuel is not being delivered normally on the engine. It could not reach 80 kph because of the jerking. What do you think the cause of this. This could be due to a blocked fuel filter.

It just had been 40k pms serviced. Did you replace the fuel filter during 40k pms?

thanks... Is there unusual smoke when jerking at 2000 rpm?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    My ride is a 2008 Crosswind manual. Problem is it jerks whenever it reached 2k rpm on any gear whether on flat or uphill road, even at 5th gear it's still jerks a lot as if fuel is not being delivered normally on the engine. It could not reach 80 kph because of the jerking. What do you think the cause of this. This could be due to a blocked fuel filter.

It just had been 40k pms serviced. Did you replace the fuel filter during 40k pms?

thanks... Is there unusual smoke when jerking at 2000 rpm?
    Thank you for your quick reply.

Fuel filter was not replaced, i think it was replaced during the 30k pms. I did not notice unusual smoke when jerking at 2000 rpm.

Before this problem occured, I complained at that concerned Isuzu dealer, during my 35k pm, a loss of "sibat" power during overtakings, they pressumed it was a clogged air filter, I have no idea if they done something on my auv with this complain.

By the way, i have noticed that in that particular Isuzu dealer, as shown in the job service sheet, DELVAC engine oil was used instead of the Isuzu Genuine Motor Oil (IGMO) and. "Mobil" brand for hub grease, diffrential oil, and power sterring fluid were used. They also put additives in the engine oil and diesel fuel. Is this a correct practice?

I am going to bring my auv in a different Isuzu dealer somewhere in Makati, though i live in quezon city. I bought that crosswind in a dealer in south metro manila and pms there until its 20k. However, when I transferred in qc, for praticality I started bringing my auv in that particular Isuzu dealer in quezon city, which I think has a low quality services.

More power to you Dieseldude.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Fuel filter was not replaced, i think it was replaced during the 30k pms. I did not notice unusual smoke when jerking at 2000 rpm. I was asking this because black smoke could indicate an EGR problem. Try replacing your fuel filter.

Before this problem occured, I complained at that concerned Isuzu dealer, during my 35k pm, a loss of "sibat" power during overtakings, they pressumed it was a clogged air filter, I have no idea if they done something on my auv with this complain.

By the way, i have noticed that in that particular Isuzu dealer, as shown in the job service sheet, DELVAC engine oil was used instead of the Isuzu Genuine Motor Oil (IGMO) and. "Mobil" brand for hub grease, diffrential oil, and power sterring fluid were used. They also put additives in the engine oil and diesel fuel. Is this a correct practice? I don't know. But I don't think this will cause low power. Try refuelling with fresh diesel fuel..... no additives.

I am going to bring my auv in a different Isuzu dealer somewhere in Makati, though i live in quezon city. I bought that crosswind in a dealer in south metro manila and pms there until its 20k. However, when I transferred in qc, for praticality I started bringing my auv in that particular Isuzu dealer in quezon city, which I think has a low quality services. How is the condition of your clutch?.........shifting ok?....... no slippage?

More power to you Dieseldude. Thank you.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi Dieseldude,
    I just read through a few of your replies here. Good to see someone educating the public about diesels. We've been doing the same in AUstralia for years and also in Philippines for some time. You are correct when saying diesels dont have to smoke. The new CRD diesels are very clean and efficient and also have good power. If you want to visit our workshop please call 02 5331415 and we could show you around. Im sure you'd be impressed with our facilities and we love nothing more than talking about diesels so Im sure we'd have a lot in common. some photos at diesel.asia

cheers and safe driving,
    Scott Leimroth

Berrima Diesel & Auto Service
    219 JPRizal St Brgy Mabini
    Mandaluyong City
    Manila

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post

Fuel filter was not replaced, i think it was replaced during the 30k pms. I did not notice unusual smoke when jerking at 2000 rpm. I was asking this because black smoke could indicate an EGR problem. Try replacing your fuel filter.

By the way, i have noticed that in that particular Isuzu dealer, as shown in the job service sheet, DELVAC engine oil was used instead of the Isuzu Genuine Motor Oil (IGMO) and. "Mobil" brand for hub grease, diffrential oil, and power sterring fluid were used. They also put additives in the engine oil and diesel fuel. Is this a correct practice? I don't know. But I don't think this will cause low power. Try refuelling with fresh diesel fuel..... no additives.

I am going to bring my auv in a different Isuzu dealer somewhere in Makati, though i live in quezon city. I bought that crosswind in a dealer in south metro manila and pms there until its 20k. However, when I transferred in qc, for praticality I started bringing my auv in that particular Isuzu dealer in quezon city, which I think has a low quality services. How is the condition of your clutch?.........shifting ok?....... no slippage?

More power to you Dieseldude. Thank you.
    You're absolutely right Dieseldue, the culprit was my fuel filter. It was replaced today and the jerkings on any rpm gone, smooth acceleration and the loss of sibat power during overtaking improved. Had i not consulted with your first baka ano anong troubles pa ihula ng mga taga casa instead of a simple fuel replacement costing lower of P400 and 30 mins to replace. I just asked the service advisor of that isuzu dealer to replace lang the fuel filter, mo more no less.

But still the problem was that the fuel replacement was not performed during the 40k pms which should have been done in accordance with the pms schedule. Hayyyyy... sometimes owners must be aware of those things and of those little maintenance negligence that will make a much bigger trouble.

MABUHAY KA DIESELDUDE... you'r damn good.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hello Dieseldude,

Just wanted to ask how do I fix my problem for my trooper, my a/t cant seem to shift to overdrive when I drive at around 70kph and stays at high rpms. I had the atf changed and the filter cleaned, but still no improvement. They say that if might be due to the injection pump, but the my exhaust seems ok, di mausok.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sir dieseldude..my ask lng po aq about misubishi pajero92..4d56T po yung engine nya..pg kc ta2ngalin q yung dipstick ng langis my lumalabas n hangin...tsaka pu sumusuka ng oil sa engine cap..anu po kya mganda gwin dun sir?....ty in advance po..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    sir dieseldude..my ask lng po aq about misubishi pajero92..4d56T po yung engine nya..pg kc ta2ngalin q yung dipstick ng langis my lumalabas n hangin...tsaka pu sumusuka ng oil sa engine cap..anu po kya mganda gwin dun sir?....ty in advance po..

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    i think that's "blow-by" na boss. worn-out na piston rings mo kaya the pressure pass through the rings down to the crankcase and to the cylinder head cover via the oil ports. overhaul na ang solution jan. tignan natin advice ni diesel dude.

Quote Originally Posted by jepoy_187 View Post

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006

Parang tama si Miked. Sumisingaw na ang compression sa clearances ng liners and piston rings. Normal ito sa high mileage engines. Tumataas ang blowby habang naluluma ang engine. Pwedo mo ipa complete overhaul ang engine, or pwede rin hindi. Depende yan sa startability ng makina, oil consumption, at sa kaya ng bulsa mo.

Kung madali mag start, at hindi naman kalakasan ang oil consumption, pwede pa mag delay ng overhaul.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk