New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 682
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    343
    #541
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    You should be using hepa filter then, those with carbon activation and ionizer.

    iL pass with being meticulous on cabin filters as my environment is not so polluted. Il just replace them once a year with the cheapest i could find.

    I bet one could die first from inhaling the accumulated carbon dioxide from own breathing because of not opening the car than the toxins from opening the windows in the gas station.

    Also being so much air-clean could weaken the immune system from allergens.

    I'm wearing surgical mask anyway while driving, its the new normal ih.
    You are spreading unverified information, surgical mask can not filter out particulate matter as small as 2.5 or fine dusts that comes from diesel engines, coal and diesel power plants, farming pesticides, mining chemicals and much much more. Only N95 rated masks and 3M masks can filter those out asides from the cheaper alternative like the cabin filter.

    Diesel fumes are highly hazardous to your health, only reputable brands like WIX, JS Asakashi & etc... which have carbon, bio & WIX XP multi-layer protection cabin filters.

    Diesel emission facts
    What Are Diesel Emissions

    WIX XP Cabin filters
    WIX Filters Introduces The WIX XP Cabin Air Filter
    wix-xp.jpg

    JS Asakashi Cabin filters
    carbon-filters.jpg
    bio-filters.jpg
    cabin-filters.jpg

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    343
    #542
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    You should be using hepa filter then, those with carbon activation and ionizer.

    iL pass with being meticulous on cabin filters as my environment is not so polluted. Il just replace them once a year with the cheapest i could find.

    I bet one could die first from inhaling the accumulated carbon dioxide from own breathing because of not opening the car than the toxins from opening the windows in the gas station.

    Also being so much air-clean could weaken the immune system from allergens.

    I'm wearing surgical mask anyway while driving, its the new normal ih.
    Carbon dioxide is not the only element you should be afraid of inhaling especially if you are in a place where old jeepneys, AUVs such as Tamarraw FX, Revo, Adventure, Crosswind & etc..., buses and commercial van like L300 and trucks that are running in your area you might not see it with your naked eye but it will adversely affect your health.

    Also if what you say is true, then why do cabin filters get this dirty? Can you explain your point further? If basically only recirculated air in the cabin is so clean?
    If you are putting a generic China made filter then you are risking your health to particulate matter that is unseen to the eye.
    Allergens are not the main point of negative effects when using a cabin filter, that is where you are wrong. That is only an add-on feature from the cabin filter.
    The main point of the cabin filter is to clear toxic pollutants from the atmosphere since your immune system does not develop anti-bodies versus toxic pollutants.

    I think you need to get re-educated on how an aircon cabin(inside of a vehicle) filter works.

    Doesn't mean that you are using the re-circulation that polluted air doesn't go inside the vehicle's interior/cabin I think you have a wrong idea or view on how the cars' air-con system works.
    I'm here to tell you that you need to study and research how the AC system works in a vehicle. Polluted air enters through the ventilation system or the air-conditioning system.
    Also generic China cabin filters has less fibers inside compared to high quality filters like Mann+Hummel & WIX brands, means less dust and pollutants are being trapped by the cabin filters since it is less dense and thinner than high quality filters.

    Also FYI(For your information)
    WIX Standard O.E. cabin filters only costs around P380 for vehicles like Vios, Innova, Hilux, Fortuner & etc... up to Subaru models roughly around P900.
    JS Asakashi Standard filters only costs around P300 for vehicles like Vios, Innova, Hilux, Fortuner & etc... up to Subaru models roughly around P600

    You might be buying China filters for similar or more than that amount because auto shops that sell generic China tend to mark-up their dirt cheap products to around 350 pesos to 850 pesos because they are unscrupulous types of merchants.

    The usual tagaan and low quality tindahan/ retail shops are unlike the carefully chosen WIX or JS Asakashi authorized dealers which tend to be more on providing quality service, continuous long term business(Loyal clients) and tend to follow SRP(Suggested retail prices) formulated by reputable suppliers that handle well known brands.

    According to the shops that are authorized dealers of either WIX or JS Asakashi is that they were chosen because they would agree and conform to the distributor's policies like "NO ONE TIME BIG TIME SALE" type of selling, unlike those engage in selling low value and low quality imbento brands exactly like Circuit brand or similar with CD-R King type of brandings.

    Again I'm not here to criticize or provoke people with their hearsay's beliefs, I'm here to educate people who loves cars and normal car owners here more on proper, actual, accurate & well documented facts and figures.

    Your statement is also wrong for latest car models that have no cabin filters. I don't know where you are getting your unverified information from.

    All latest car models except Suzuki cheaper models starting from 2003~UP have cabin filters
    Toyota Wigo, Yaris, Vios, Corolla Altis, Camry, 86, GR Supra, Avanza(Rebadge Daihatsu), Innova, Hilux, Hiace, Previa, Alphard, Rush(Rebadge Daihatsu), Rav4, Fortuner, FJ Cruiser, Landcruiser Prado & Landcruiser
    Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback, Mirage G4, Lancer, Strada, Xpander, ASX, Outlander, Montero Sport & Pajero
    Nissan Almera, Sylphy, Teana, 370z, GT-R, Navara NP300, Urvan NV350, Juke, X-Trail, Terra and Patrol Royale
    Hyundai Eon, Accent hatchback, Veloster, Ioniq, Reina, Accent sedan, Elantra, Grand Starex, H350, Kona, Tucson, Santa Fe & Palisade
    Suzuki Higher end models like Swift, Vitara, Grand Vitara XL-7 & etc...
    Ford Fiesta, Mustang, Ecosport, Ranger, F-150, Transit, Everest, Explorer & Expedition
    Honda Brio hatchback, Jazz, Brio Amaze, City, Civic, Accord, Legend, Mobilio, BR-V, HR-V, CR-V & Pilot
    Isuzu D-Max & Mu-X
    KIA Picanto, Rio, Soluto, Forte, Stinger, Grand Carnival, Seltos, Sportage & Sorento

    So on and so forth
    Chevrolet
    Subaru
    Mazda
    BMW
    Mercedez Benz
    Bentley
    Audi
    Porsche
    Lamborghini
    Lexus
    Volkswagen
    Dodge
    Jeep
    RAM
    Peugeot
    Land Rover
    Jaguar
    Volvo
    Mini Cooper
    Ssangyong
    Aston Martin

    Even China and India car manufacturer brands have cabin air filters, jeeze.
    MG
    BAIC
    GAC
    Geely
    JAC
    Tata


    Check the link below:
    Mann+Hummel Cabin Filters
    WIX Cabin Filters




    Attachment 36913
    Attachment 36913

  3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,427
    #543
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    ano ba ang notable brands ng cabin filter na not china made?
    Im using Bosch cabin filter right now not sure of the quality as I have no comparison it is cheaper than casa's cabin filter.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    35
    #544
    For Filters eto mga pinagpipilian ko:

    Oil filter: Baldwin kaso nagmahal na nasa P400 each, WIX reasonable naman price nasa 300 to 350, JS Asakashi, Toyota filter

    Air engine filter: Toyota, WIX, Denso( Aftermarket), JS asakashi, Vic, Sakura

    Cabin filter: Toyota, WIX, Denso( Aftermarket), JS asakashi, Vic, Sakura

    No need to buy cheap unknown filters. Reasonable naman price ng Vic, Denso, JS, at Sakura.

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,985
    #545
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Carbon dioxide is not the only element you should be afraid of inhaling especially if you are in a place where old jeepneys, AUVs such as Adventure, Crosswind & etc..., buses and commercial van like L300 and trucks that are running in your area you might not see it with your naked eye but it will adversely affect your health.

    Also if what you say is true, then why do cabin filters get this dirty? Can you explain your point further? If basically only recirculated air in the cabin is so clean?
    If you are putting a generic China made filter then you are risking your health to particulate matter that is unseen to the eye.
    Allergens are not the main point of negative effects when using a cabin filter, that is where you are wrong. That is only an add-on feature from the cabin filter.
    The main point of the cabin filter is to clear toxic pollutants from the atmosphere since your immune system does not develop anti-bodies versus toxic pollutants.

    I think you need to get re-educated on how an aircon cabin(inside of a vehicle) filter works.

    Doesn't mean that you are using the re-circulation that polluted air doesn't go inside the vehicle's interior/cabin I think you have a wrong idea or view on how the cars' air-con system works.
    I'm here to tell you that you need to study and research how the AC system works in a vehicle. Polluted air enters through the ventilation system or the air-conditioning system.
    Also generic China cabin filters has less fibers inside compared to high quality filters like Mann+Hummel & WIX brands, means less dust and pollutants are being trapped by the cabin filters since it is less dense and thinner than high quality filters.

    Also FYI(For your information) WIX Standard O.E. cabin filters only costs around P350 for vehicles like Vios, Innova, Fortuner, Hilux & etc... up to Subaru models around P900.
    You might be buying China filters for similar or more than that amount because auto shops that sell generic China tend to mark-up their dirt cheap products to around 400 pesos to 850 pesos because they are unscrupulous types of merchants.

    The usual tagaan and low quality shops are unlike the carefully chosen WIX authorized dealers which tend to be more on providing quality service, continuous long term business(Loyal clients) and tend to follow SRP(Suggested retail prices) formulated by reputable suppliers that handle well known brands.

    Again I'm not here to criticize or provoke people with their hearsay's beliefs, I'm here to educate people who loves cars and normal car owners here more on proper, actual, accurate & well documented facts and figures.

    Your statement is also wrong for latest car models that have no cabin filters. I don't know where you are getting your unverified information from.
    C02 molecular bond is a millionth of a micron and your best cabin filter in the world could go only a tenth of a micron, hence carbon dioxide poisoning from not re-circulating or opening the car doors to vent or renew oxygen is more fatal than the larger pollutants.

    Try to get soo clean then expose yourself to the naturally polluted environment, see how your body reacts. Immunity comes from infection or exposing from pollutants for the body to react build immunity/fight naturally. Antiasthma meds are also strain of pollutants introduced little-by-little to the body to make the immune system. So my point is, its not good always to be soo clean.

    No need to re-educate how AC works, because i repair them as an enthusiast. The best AC system is located in the space station where scrubbers are used to recycle air, its not an ordinary paper element filter. There are vehicles that came out from the plant that does not have cabin filters because its an optional thing for some regions.

    I am using Sakura Indonesia BTW cheaper than Wix, no need to worry I'm anti China.

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    343
    #546
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    You should be using hepa filter then, those with carbon activation and ionizer.

    iL pass with being meticulous on cabin filters as my environment is not so polluted. Il just replace them once a year with the cheapest i could find.

    I bet one could die first from inhaling the accumulated carbon dioxide from own breathing because of not opening the car than the toxins from opening the windows in the gas station.

    Also being so much air-clean could weaken the immune system from allergens.

    I'm wearing surgical mask anyway while driving, its the new normal ih.
    Your surgical mask actually doesn't do anything against fine dust, particulate matter of 2.5 and below and other harmful matters. Even if you disregard pollen as a small matter, but for people that are sensitive or with asthma or sinusitis or gets easily attack by allergic rhinitis is a big deal since it could lead to sore throat and continuous intake of antihistamines, decongestant and antibiotics which is harmful to the body since your body will develop resistance to those drugs and in the future you would need higher dosage. My wife is actually a doctor in Otorhinolaryngology or layman's term ENT(Ear, Nose & Throat) and she is like me a car guy/gal.

    Surgical mask are not effective in filtering out dust, particulate matter and etc... the effective mask are N95 & respirators like 3M, Honeywell & etc...

    675-image-3833-1-17-20200426.jpg

    Again meron kasi tayong practice dito sa Pilipinas na actually mali.

    "Kung ano ang nakasanayan yun nalang ang susundin." - this statement is very wrong

    Kung ano man nakasanayan ng isang tao doesn't mean na tama.

    May ibang maka lumang mekaniko na sinasabi na wala daw kwenta ang thermostat kaya kapag nasisira tinatapon nalang nila, alam mo ano reason? Kasi nakasanayan na nila daw ang reason and wala naman daw problema.

    The world is constantly changing you must also update your knowledge in the present time, global warming is real and so is the pollution clouding the world, you can't see it with your eyes but if nasa province ka or wherever place you are try my advice lumabas ka ng bahay mo sa gabi at gumamit ka ng high powered or high lumens flashlight itapat mo sa langit makikita mo kung gaano kaalikabok or kadumi ang lugar mo.

    Fenix USA high powered flashlights
    Welcome to Fenix(R) | Official USA Site | Brightest Flashlights & Headlamps

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,787
    #547
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Carbon dioxide is not the only element you should be afraid of inhaling especially if you are in a place where old jeepneys, AUVs such as Tamarraw FX, Revo, Adventure, Crosswind & etc..., buses and commercial van like L300 and trucks that are running in your area you might not see it with your naked eye but it will adversely affect your health.

    Also if what you say is true, then why do cabin filters get this dirty? Can you explain your point further? If basically only recirculated air in the cabin is so clean?
    If you are putting a generic China made filter then you are risking your health to particulate matter that is unseen to the eye.
    Allergens are not the main point of negative effects when using a cabin filter, that is where you are wrong. That is only an add-on feature from the cabin filter.
    The main point of the cabin filter is to clear toxic pollutants from the atmosphere since your immune system does not develop anti-bodies versus toxic pollutants.

    I think you need to get re-educated on how an aircon cabin(inside of a vehicle) filter works.

    Doesn't mean that you are using the re-circulation that polluted air doesn't go inside the vehicle's interior/cabin I think you have a wrong idea or view on how the cars' air-con system works.
    I'm here to tell you that you need to study and research how the AC system works in a vehicle. Polluted air enters through the ventilation system or the air-conditioning system.
    Also generic China cabin filters has less fibers inside compared to high quality filters like Mann+Hummel & WIX brands, means less dust and pollutants are being trapped by the cabin filters since it is less dense and thinner than high quality filters.

    Also FYI(For your information)
    WIX Standard O.E. cabin filters only costs around P380 for vehicles like Vios, Innova, Hilux, Fortuner & etc... up to Subaru models roughly around P900.
    JS Asakashi Standard filters only costs around P300 for vehicles like Vios, Innova, Hilux, Fortuner & etc... up to Subaru models roughly around P600

    You might be buying China filters for similar or more than that amount because auto shops that sell generic China tend to mark-up their dirt cheap products to around 350 pesos to 850 pesos because they are unscrupulous types of merchants.

    The usual tagaan and low quality tindahan/ retail shops are unlike the carefully chosen WIX or JS Asakashi authorized dealers which tend to be more on providing quality service, continuous long term business(Loyal clients) and tend to follow SRP(Suggested retail prices) formulated by reputable suppliers that handle well known brands.

    According to the shops that are authorized dealers of either WIX or JS Asakashi is that they were chosen because they would agree and conform to the distributor's policies like "NO ONE TIME BIG TIME SALE" type of selling, unlike those engage in selling low value and low quality imbento brands exactly like Circuit brand or similar with CD-R King type of brandings.

    Again I'm not here to criticize or provoke people with their hearsay's beliefs, I'm here to educate people who loves cars and normal car owners here more on proper, actual, accurate & well documented facts and figures.

    Your statement is also wrong for latest car models that have no cabin filters. I don't know where you are getting your unverified information from.

    All latest car models except Suzuki cheaper models starting from 2003~UP have cabin filters
    Toyota Wigo, Yaris, Vios, Corolla Altis, Camry, 86, GR Supra, Avanza(Rebadge Daihatsu), Innova, Hilux, Hiace, Previa, Alphard, Rush(Rebadge Daihatsu), Rav4, Fortuner, FJ Cruiser, Landcruiser Prado & Landcruiser
    Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback, Mirage G4, Lancer, Strada, Xpander, ASX, Outlander, Montero Sport & Pajero
    Nissan Almera, Sylphy, Teana, 370z, GT-R, Navara NP300, Urvan NV350, Juke, X-Trail, Terra and Patrol Royale
    Hyundai Eon, Accent hatchback, Veloster, Ioniq, Reina, Accent sedan, Elantra, Grand Starex, H350, Kona, Tucson, Santa Fe & Palisade
    Suzuki Higher end models like Swift, Vitara, Grand Vitara XL-7 & etc...
    Ford Fiesta, Mustang, Ecosport, Ranger, F-150, Transit, Everest, Explorer & Expedition
    Honda Brio hatchback, Jazz, Brio Amaze, City, Civic, Accord, Legend, Mobilio, BR-V, HR-V, CR-V & Pilot
    Isuzu D-Max & Mu-X
    KIA Picanto, Rio, Soluto, Forte, Stinger, Grand Carnival, Seltos, Sportage & Sorento

    So on and so forth
    Chevrolet
    Subaru
    Mazda
    BMW
    Mercedez Benz
    Bentley
    Audi
    Porsche
    Lamborghini
    Lexus
    Volkswagen
    Dodge
    Jeep
    RAM
    Peugeot
    Land Rover
    Jaguar
    Volvo
    Mini Cooper
    Ssangyong
    Aston Martin

    Even China and India car manufacturer brands have cabin air filters, jeeze.
    MG
    BAIC
    GAC
    Geely
    JAC
    Tata


    Check the link below:
    Mann+Hummel Cabin Filters
    WIX Cabin Filters




    Attachment 36913
    Attachment 36913
    just as an aside. mitsubishi motors philippines cheaped out at least on our previous 2012 Montero. Walang cabin filter. may provision na lagayan at sealed pero you have to provide and put in your own.

  8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    9,149
    #548
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    just as an aside. mitsubishi motors philippines cheaped out at least on our previous 2012 Montero. Walang cabin filter. may provision na lagayan at sealed pero you have to provide and put in your own.
    Toyota, on the other hand, included the cabin filter. At least for the 2019 model.

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,445
    #549
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Your surgical mask actually doesn't do anything against fine dust, particulate matter of 2.5 and below and other harmful matters. Even if you disregard pollen as a small matter, but for people that are sensitive or with asthma or sinusitis or gets easily attack by allergic rhinitis is a big deal since it could lead to sore throat and continuous intake of antihistamines, decongestant and antibiotics which is harmful to the body since your body will develop resistance to those drugs and in the future you would need higher dosage. My wife is actually a doctor in Otorhinolaryngology or layman's term ENT(Ear, Nose & Throat) and she is like me a car guy/gal.

    Surgical mask are not effective in filtering out dust, particulate matter and etc... the effective mask are N95 & respirators like 3M, Honeywell & etc...

    675-image-3833-1-17-20200426.jpg

    Again meron kasi tayong practice dito sa Pilipinas na actually mali.

    "Kung ano ang nakasanayan yun nalang ang susundin." - this statement is very wrong

    Kung ano man nakasanayan ng isang tao doesn't mean na tama.

    May ibang maka lumang mekaniko na sinasabi na wala daw kwenta ang thermostat kaya kapag nasisira tinatapon nalang nila, alam mo ano reason? Kasi nakasanayan na nila daw ang reason and wala naman daw problema.

    The world is constantly changing you must also update your knowledge in the present time, global warming is real and so is the pollution clouding the world, you can't see it with your eyes but if nasa province ka or wherever place you are try my advice lumabas ka ng bahay mo sa gabi at gumamit ka ng high powered or high lumens flashlight itapat mo sa langit makikita mo kung gaano kaalikabok or kadumi ang lugar mo.

    Fenix USA high powered flashlights
    Welcome to Fenix(R) | Official USA Site | Brightest Flashlights & Headlamps
    Nice discussion here. Glad to have that flashlight link. I wish old members like you will return and share their experience and knowledge.

    A great addition to our experts, like a CoViD 19 expert, Taal Volcano expert, love expert, political expert, fitness expert, and even a futuristic expert!

    Speaking of which, is he still around?
    Best Oil/Fuel Filters

    To stay relevant, do you have a link for official stores of cabin filters, air filters, and oil filters?

  10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    343
    #550
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    C02 molecular bond is a millionth of a micron and your best cabin filter in the world could go only a tenth of a micron, hence carbon dioxide poisoning from not re-circulating or opening the car doors to vent or renew oxygen is more fatal than the larger pollutants.

    Try to get soo clean then expose yourself to the naturally polluted environment, see how your body reacts. Immunity comes from infection or exposing from pollutants for the body to react build immunity/fight naturally. Antiasthma meds are also strain of pollutants introduced little-by-little to the body to make the immune system. So my point is, its not good always to be soo clean.

    No need to re-educate how AC works, because i repair them as an enthusiast. The best AC system is located in the space station where scrubbers are used to recycle air, its not an ordinary paper element filter. There are vehicles that came out from the plant that does not have cabin filters because its an optional thing for some regions.

    I am using Sakura Indonesia BTW cheaper than Wix, no need to worry I'm anti China.
    For what vehicle model are you using the Sakura cabin filter? Most of the cars now that I mentioned from my previous post has original factory built in cabin filter and casing.
    How much does the Sakura Indonesia cost? Since WIX is either made in USA, Poland, South Korea, Ukraine, Czech Republic & etc...
    Also if you put the Sakura, WIX and etc... side by side then using an electric portable microscopic magnifier you can see the difference of the synthetic fibers inside the filter.

Best Oil/Fuel Filters