New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by EMDFrancisco View Post
    There is where market support comes in. Kung hindi tatangkilikin, natural ay magsasara dahil lugi. Kung tatangkilikin, eh di mag cocontinue then magdedevelop. Just like with Mazda before, kung hindi nag click, siguradong pull out yon. Ang nangyari is nasuportahan ng market kaya nagdevelop at nagkaroon ng Anfra of which nag click until sinabotahe.

The key is market support.

I definitely agree with this idea.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    I saw a great wall auto dealer in Pasay but did not see even one car. I think they may have closed down.
    Sorry but so far, there are still 3 accredited dealers and are still on the process of constructing and renovating their showrooms. As far as I know, there is no dealer in Pasay yet. Only at Las Pinas, North EDSA and Cagayan de Oro. None of them had started yet operating yet.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Sorry friends! I believe only Great Wall Motor Company Limited (China) can answer that. But we will find out about that as time goes by. Thank you for raising a point of clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Maybe its a dumb downed version that fits the budget? Afterall by just looking at the price one doesn't need to wonder...
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    Just to fulfill my curiosity....if you don't mind me asking...

Quoting from the website that was posted..

according to it, the Supposedly made by Bosch engine is a 2.8 liter Common rail direct injection Turbo that Produces 95HP....

Now I wanna ask if how come its that low? because apparently comparing it to mitsubishi's 4d56 Crdi engine which only has a displacement of 2.5 liters, it can already produce 116Hp minus the turbo, 136 if you put it in....

isn't it more appropriate to see that the 2.8 engine from bosch should produce a significantly higher output comparing to the mitsu's 2.5?

TIA

BTW Im just comparing paper details...no actual experience with the GW wigle

and also about the design issue....I think this brand has somewhat mazda genes on it...

take a good look at the wigles headlights it kinda resembles the miata's........ recycled blueprints I guess? or mere Vengeful copying?.... (someone indicated that the mazda B-series design was stolen from the chinese right?)

just my 2 cents..

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    However, the GW Hover has a new variant in China with 2.5L CRDi Turbo with Intercooler with a lot more horsepower. We'll bring them in as well afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    Just to fulfill my curiosity....if you don't mind me asking...

Quoting from the website that was posted..

according to it, the Supposedly made by Bosch engine is a 2.8 liter Common rail direct injection Turbo that Produces 95HP....

Now I wanna ask if how come its that low? because apparently comparing it to mitsubishi's 4d56 Crdi engine which only has a displacement of 2.5 liters, it can already produce 116Hp minus the turbo, 136 if you put it in....

isn't it more appropriate to see that the 2.8 engine from bosch should produce a significantly higher output comparing to the mitsu's 2.5?

TIA

BTW Im just comparing paper details...no actual experience with the GW wigle

and also about the design issue....I think this brand has somewhat mazda genes on it...

take a good look at the wigles headlights it kinda resembles the miata's........ recycled blueprints I guess? or mere Vengeful copying?.... (someone indicated that the mazda B-series design was stolen from the chinese right?)

just my 2 cents..

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    First time I saw the VW Magellan. Thanks for posting the photos. It looks great. Too bad it did not reach our local market. GW Wingle do look more like this one than the Mazda.

Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    MAZDA?.....

how about the Volkswagen Magellan concept?

[SIZE=2]Volkswagen Magellan[/SIZE] Home: Concept Car Database: Volkswagen Magellan
    Volkswagen Magellan
    The concept car, named after the Portuguese navigator Magellan, has a W8 engine with a power output of 202 kW / 275 bhp. It has four-wheel drive and pneumatic suspension with active hydraulic shock absorption.

The team at the Volkswagen Design-Center Europe in Sitges near Barcelona has brought together the emotional appeal of modern SUVs, the versatility of MPVs and the agility of an estate car. The length (4,685 mm) and width (1,860 mm) of the Magellan are that of an SUV. Its height (1,620 mm) defines a new type - the concept car is lower than an SUV or an MPV, but higher than an estate car.

Its off-road qualities are demonstrated by emphatic wheel arches, 19-inch six-spoke wheels with 245 Michelin tyres, good ground clearance, short overhangs and a relatively long bonnet. Estate car features are harmoniously integrated, underlining the crossover principle. These features include a steeply raked windscreen and, in contrast to SUVs, a low silhouette in the style of sporty estate cars. The MPV aspects are expressed in the car's width and height, its clarity and interior design.

Details Make Volkswagen Model Magellan Year Shown 2002 Event North American Auto Show Designer(s) n/a Propulsion Type Petrol W8 Capacity 275bhp Dimensions Vehicle Width (mm) 1860 Vehicle Length (mm) 4865
    Seating Capacity n/a
    Performance Top Speed n/a 0-60 n/a

*well at least GW made a 2002 concept a reality

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    First time I saw the VW Magellan. Thanks for posting the photos. It looks great. Too bad it did not reach our local market. GW Wingle do look more like this one than the Mazda.
    actually sir the Magellan was just a concept car (year 2002 north american autoshow), it never came into production.
    Maybe you guys can make an SUV derived from the Wingle ala Isuzu Alterra(Dmax).

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sorry but so far, there are still 3 accredited dealers and are still on the process of constructing and renovating their showrooms. As far as I know, there is no dealer in Pasay yet. Only at Las Pinas, North EDSA and Cagayan de Oro. None of them had started yet operating yet.
    I saw a very big bill board of great wall cars with an empty glass room and a spacious empty parking lot. I jumped into conclusion that the place is theirs.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    actually sir the Magellan was just a concept car (year 2002 north american autoshow), it never came into production.
    Maybe you guys can make an SUV derived from the Wingle ala Isuzu Alterra(Dmax).
    Thank you for the information about the Magellan.

About the SUV version of Wingle, it's possible if mag click and off-the-shelf units at makapondo ng pang develop.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    I saw a very big bill board of great wall cars with an empty glass room and a spacious empty parking lot. I jumped into conclusion that the place is theirs.
    Must be just a billboard advertisement. But, it may be good to have a showroom there as well.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Any media or Tsikot review about wingle and coolbear?

Great Wall Cars Philippines