New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    di ko pa naman kailangan yung pera. I'm just worried about the company itself. Baka mamya mag de declare din sila ng bancruptcy suddenly just like the big companies in US. Well I hope it won't happen. SUNLIFE has been running for decades and I hope matatag pa din sila despite this slowing economy. My further question would be, What do you think of this co.? SUNLIFE?
    A mutual fund is separately incorporated and owned by the investors themselves. If the fund manager goes belly-up, the investors will still be kept whole.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron din ako dito sa sunlife balanced fund.
    dito ko inilagay ang gsis salary loan ko.
    i'm just hanging on na lang muna and hoping that the market will improve when obama will take his oath. kapag nag-improve, dun ko na lang babawiin ang pera para ilagay sa time deposit, parang mas safe ang pera ko sa bank.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    i'm just hanging on na lang muna and hoping that the market will improve when obama will take his oath. kapag nag-improve, dun ko na lang babawiin ang pera para ilagay sa time deposit, parang mas safe ang pera ko sa bank.
    mmmm.... i may be putting more money to my Balanced fund when the economy goes up...hehe

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    mmmm.... i may be buying fresh fund when the economy goes up...hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I have mine w/ BPI (ALMF). So far, ok naman. But natakot din ako, last April 2007, biglang bumagsak. Then nag-recover din after that. As of now, ok naman, at unti-unti, pataas yung value nya per unit.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    40% loss? since you dont need the money naman, i would suggest for you to keep in in there na lang.

kung mga 10%-15% pa lang loss mo, i would advise you to bail out.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thnaks 1D4, I will take note on that...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Don't pull-out your money. Your losses are unrealized anyway. Once you pulled-out your money, that's the only time you will feel your losses. One of the strategies you can do is to buy some more shares while the price is low. Once the NAVPS goes higher than your newly invested money, your old investment will cut some losses and at the same time your new investment will earn. It will greatly impact cutting your overall losses.

Some more suggestions:
    - investing in Mutual Funds is a long-term investment
    - never pull-out your money if you have losses, unless you badly need them
    - when placing investments in Mutual FUnds, divide your total investment to average the cost
    - Sun Life has been operating here in the Philippines for 113 years already. they survived the world wars. need I say more?

good luck in your investment

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jeDi13 View Post
    Don't pull-out your money. Your losses are unrealized anyway. Once you pulled-out your money, that's the only time you will feel your losses. One of the strategies you can do is to buy some more shares while the price is low. Once the NAVPS goes higher than your newly invested money, your old investment will cut some losses and at the same time your new investment will earn. It will greatly impact cutting your overall losses.

Some more suggestions:
    - investing in Mutual Funds is a long-term investment
    - never pull-out your money if you have losses, unless you badly need them
    - when placing investments in Mutual FUnds, divide your total investment to average the cost
    - Sun Life has been operating here in the Philippines for 113 years already. they survived the world wars. need I say more?

good luck in your investment

Wow! Galing ng pagka-explain. Very clear. very educational.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the economy is down, share prices are down. THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY!!!

if you sell now then you lose money. remember, buy low sell high. you will be doing the opposite, you bought high then sell low. baligtad!

i have also money in sunlife, and though it gained more than 70% it now lost 50+%. so up pa din ako. ganun talaga up and down, but on the average it will always go up no matter what. in fact because the price is down we just made additional 75k purchase last 2 months hehehe. and i repeat, buy low sell high. pero ako no sell kahit high kasi ayaw ako bayad ng front end commision hehehe. pang retirement yan kaya back end. at sana pag retire na ako e very very high na siya!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
To withdraw or not to withdraw(My SUNLIFE Balanced Fund)