New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thank you for that information.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Overall, my gain as of yesterday is about 15%.......

And Phisix is at 2800ish...

8601:matrix:

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Overall, my gain as of yesterday is about 15%.......

And Phisix is at 2800ish...

Good for you CVT.... I expect the market to be up for the rest of the year with minor shakeouts. But for next year, it's a different story.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hmmm... If this Great Recession is the start of a multi-year bear market then yes we can conclude that the up move starting May this year until now is just a correction of an otherwise bear market. Kung baga the prevailing trend is still down but this is just one of those big time corrections.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    To date, I'm still down 12% in my investment with Sun Life. I'm just waiting to ride the upward waves. The good thing, my paper losses were down to 12% from 36% last October 28, 2008 (Sun Life Equity: 1.2483).

*Sun Life Equity is now is up to 1.7597. That's 41% gain from 1.2483.

Good thing I left my shares last year until now. Just leave it for the meantime, unless you need the money badly. And next time, invest in Mutual Funds an amount of money that you can afford to lose.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i don't follow the local market but this is interesting...

Cash-rich locals fueling stock market rally
    http://business.inquirer.net/money/t...k-market-rally
    FOR THE FIRST TIME since the so-called foreign “invasion” in the 1990s, local rather than foreign money is driving the buoyant Philippine stock market as cash-rich Filipinos brought back offshore investments after the US-induced global financial crunch, a new research by Deutsche Bank said.

In a commentary titled “We Are Now Locally Priced” dated Sept. 10, Deutsche Bank noted as “fascinating” a shift in local stock market activity away from foreign to local investor dominance as the former’s share of value turnover had dipped to less than a third of all transactions registered on the Philippine Stock Exchange.

“For the first time in living memory, the Philippine stock market is being locally driven,” said the report, written by award-winning analyst Anton Periquet at the foreign bank’s local stock brokerage unit Deutsche Regis Partners Inc.

The boom in domestic investor appetite, based on the bank’s research, had something to do with the influx of overseas Filipino remittances to the country which, in turn, stabilized the country’s external position and elevated the Philippine peso from a “soft” currency to a “semi-hard” one.

“OFW [overseas Filipino worker] families may not own stocks. But the remittances that come their way from abroad exert a stabilizing influence on the balance of payments,” the research said.

“Savings-rich Filipinos, who traditionally park their money in US dollars, are hence no longer as fearful about losing their peso gains to currency depreciation as they once were. They thus now keep a larger proportion of their assets at home. This reversal in capital flight was reinforced by the collapse in US dollar yields—and of many favorite foreign bank depositories during the last financial crisis,” it noted.

The research pointed out that local mutual funds have been the principal beneficiary of the trend and local brokers the secondary ones. Without the local investor, it said the stock market turnover this year would have dried up completely as what usually happened in the past whenever financial markets collapsed.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Which is not a good sign at all uls. Small investors and local investors are what the brokers fondly call dumb money. Its the foreign investors and big financial institutions which are called smart money and are more credible when they are the one's pushing prices up or down. Remember it was the big timers who sold out. More telling signs of a correction rather than a true reversal.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    actually, i'm a bit doubtful of that Inquirer article

i mean, ok, pwede dumami ang mga locals na pumapasok sa stock market either thru mutual funds or brokerages...

but i don't think the local fund managers or individual investors lead the market

i still think foreign funds lead the local market and local participants follow

from the Philippine Star (Sept 12):

Net hot money inflow hits $182 million
    http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=66
    MANILA, Philippines - Foreign investments in stocks, government securities and peso-denominated assets yielded a net inflow of $182 million from January to August, reversing an outflow of $446 million recorded a year ago, due mainly to improving investor sentiment, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) said.

“Improving business and consumer confidence brought about by encouraging domestic macroeconomic fundamentals such as declining inflation, easing interest rates and robust remittances by overseas Filipinos, contributed to the upbeat investor sentiment on the Philippines,” the BSP said.

However, transactions for the month of August alone, resulted in a net outflow of $83 million, from a net inflow of $66 million recorded in July.

The BSP said that during the so-called ghost month, investors “cashed in” on gains from previous market rallies to reposition their portfolio for the month.

Registered foreign portfolio investments of $385 million fell 26 percent compared to the previous month. About 88 percent of these investments were in Philippine Stock Exchange-listed shares while the balance pertained to peso-denominated government securities.

Total outflows, which were largely in the form of withdrawals from interim peso deposits, increased to $468 million or four percent.

Registration of inward foreign investments with the BSP, which is voluntary, entitles the foreign investor to buy foreign exchange from authorized agent banks or their subsidiary foreign exchange corporations for repatriation of capital and remittance of dividends and earnings that accrue on the investment.

The country’s top five investors are the United States, the United Kingdom, Japan, Singapore and Luxembourg which collectively contributed 81 percent of total funds received.
    so nagprofit taking na ang mga foreign funds noong August

ang natira ay ang mga local players

maari madami pa "dumb money" pumapasok sa local stocks kaya hindi bumabagsak ng malaki

(dami ko naririnig na tao pumapasok sa stock market lately)

pero diba nawala na ang momentum ng local stocks?

lumabas na kasi ang mga foreign funds
    Last edited by uls; September 15th, 2009 at 04:51 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I was talking with some of the investment officers of BPI yesterday, since our company has a sizeable placement with them, and they have a different opinion of what the current market is and what the future has in store....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    question lang....
    kapag meron kang investment sa sunlife at gusto mo ng kunin (e.g. emergency you need cash), meron pa bang mga deduction dun sa makukuha mo (e.g. tax)?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
To withdraw or not to withdraw(My SUNLIFE Balanced Fund)