New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I invested my little savings to SUNLIFE Balanced Fund a couple years ago. Now, I have check my investment and woooow... am losing almost 40% already. I dunno what to do next whether to withdraw and absorb the loss or just keep it and pray that it can recover somehow someday. Need your opinion guys... pinagpawisan ko talaga yung money na yun...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, if you don't need the money, I suggest you keep it in and monitor it from time to time. Chances are it would go back to its starting value and might even grow given some more time.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    thanks GH, yan din iniisip ko. I am just worried, kasi there are some market analysis na "worst still to come" daw by next year. I can see some retrenchment already from big companies. we'll, i just hope it won't.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yep just hang in there

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bongliza View Post
    thanks GH, yan din iniisip ko. I am just worried, kasi there are some market analysis na "worst still to come" daw by next year. I can see some retrenchment already from big companies. we'll, i just hope it won't.
    Well, as long as your loss is just on paper, it is not yet actual loss. I had a bond fund which lost 30% in value soon after I placed it but it recovered and went up by 40% in value after a year and a half later by the time I encashed it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    my opinion: cut your losses. buy again when the market gets better.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I consider mutual funds as long-term investments. I will not touch them for the next 10 or more years. Hindi ko nalang pinapansin yung mga upward at downward movement ng value nya, kasi taas baba naman talaga ang mga investment instruments. Even recession or economic depression is cyclic in nature, it happens every couple of years or decades. Whenever the market goes down, for sure it will eventually move up again in the future.

I plan to hold on to my mutual fund placements and I will only withdraw them after I have retired, if the market is up at that time. However, it also pays to diversify or put one's money in many different investment vehicles, so that a downturn in one type of placement will hopefully be offset by good performance of other investments.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Malas mo na lang kung ngayon mo kailangan yung pera then the market is clobbered. I guess you gotta delay your retirement pops

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Malas mo na lang kung ngayon mo kailangan yung pera then the market is clobbered. I guess you gotta delay your retirement pops
    di ko pa naman kailangan yung pera. I'm just worried about the company itself. Baka mamya mag de declare din sila ng bancruptcy suddenly just like the big companies in US. Well I hope it won't happen. SUNLIFE has been running for decades and I hope matatag pa din sila despite this slowing economy. My further question would be, What do you think of this co.? SUNLIFE?

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah I doubt Sunlife will collapse they are not into the same kind of monkey business Citigroup has been doing during the housing bubble.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
To withdraw or not to withdraw(My SUNLIFE Balanced Fund)