New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Just wanted to ask if anyone here is using a GPS unit that records all the places where the car has gone. I see that a lot in movies kasi. If yes, how much and where po nakakabili? I want to check our driver's route.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Garmin units can save tracks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys, I just got my Garmin Nuvi 1350T. Bought it from Amazon for about P5,200 only (includes shipping) during the Black Friday sale.

I got it loaded with Roadguide.ph map already and it was no easy task. Took me hours to figure out what is needed to be done plus resolving issues such as the "cant unlock maps" error.

I also loaded the OSM map (gmapsupp.img file) into a SD card but can't seem to access it. Is there any way how? Could I use both roadguides and OSM map together or I have to choose one or the other?

I'm a bit worried about Roadguide.ph as the contributor map is not available to all. Inasmuch as I would like to contribute, I just travel to and from work and it seems all the maps are updated already where I pass.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Guys, I just got my Garmin Nuvi 1350T. Bought it from Amazon for about P5,200 only (includes shipping) during the Black Friday sale.

I got it loaded with Roadguide.ph map already and it was no easy task. Took me hours to figure out what is needed to be done plus resolving issues such as the "cant unlock maps" error.

I also loaded the OSM map (gmapsupp.img file) into a SD card but can't seem to access it. Is there any way how? Could I use both roadguides and OSM map together or I have to choose one or the other?

I'm a bit worried about Roadguide.ph as the contributor map is not available to all. Inasmuch as I would like to contribute, I just travel to and from work and it seems all the maps are updated already where I pass.
    Use a GMAP tool to merge the maps to make one gmapsupp image

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshII View Post
    Use a GMAP tool to merge the maps to make one gmapsupp image
    Tama ba GMAP works on Linux only? I got no Linux box, nor experience as well. Baka too big a learning curve.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Tama ba GMAP works on Linux only? I got no Linux box, nor experience as well. Baka too big a learning curve.
    Nope there is also for window and mac try to search it in google or bing mostly I download it from the contributos in a forums can't remember it.. this are the forums that can help you..

http://www.ipmart-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=621
    http://www.gpsunderground.com
    http://www.navitotal.com

to set your expectations

Metro Manila Maps available only for Sygic & Amigo, Mapking
    Papago & Garmin complete Philippine map

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    mga sir,is there a way i can make Magellan unit work here?

nagpabili kasi ako sa US ng Garmin. Magellan naman binili.

hirap nga naman magpabili.. pag mali nabili, wala kang masabi..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Good Day to all,
    Last Christmas someone gave me a present (android) car GPS Navigation MP3 MP4. Happy to have the new toy & used it for the first time from caloocan to pasig, it is doing well, then so curios ,I explored to other icon, lately I noticed that ayaw ng lumabas ang garmin program. I tried to push reset, removed & insert the SD ayaw lumabas ang garmin, checking the satellite okey naman dahil sa valid position.
    Ang duda ko mayroon akong napindot na maling button which offset the reception.
    Your help is much appreciated, even recommend shop to make this toy working again.

Thanks-RTS

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    mga sir,is there a way i can make Magellan unit work here?

nagpabili kasi ako sa US ng Garmin. Magellan naman binili.

hirap nga naman magpabili.. pag mali nabili, wala kang masabi..
    i'm afraid not, if you plan on using the philippine map from Roadguide.ph which is compatible only with Garmin gpsr's.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    new user here.

Bakit ganon, nag update ako ng map 1.07 eh parang hindi tama yung map dito sa amin. hehehe.

bale compared sa old map eh simple yung old map then naging detailed masyado yung new map. pati "private roads" to "dead ends" nasama kahit ilang metro lang eh nakalagay. ang pinaka ayaw ko sa new map eh yung mga ilog. parang daan sa gps ang image. parehas tuloy pag malayo pa lang sa lugar eh akala mo intersection yon pala ilog. is there a way to resolved this????

pero so far i'm enjoying my gps......

thanks po.