New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post
    can you please have some input sa NUVI G60. 37k ang price nya. nakita ko lang sya sa MEGAMALL and highly recommended siya ng saleman. newbie lang kasi ako and Im interested na mag ka GPS . TIA.

Hey you can have garmin installed in any phones you have. 37K is a lot money to be burn. If you have any phones that have gps you can install the garmin software.

2. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshII View Post

Hey you can have garmin installed in any phones you have. 37K is a lot money to be burn. If you have any phones that have gps you can install the garmin software.

Sir I have Nokia C5 which has GPS feature, how can I install garmin software to my fon and where can I download garmin software?

Thanks!

Drive Safe!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

No, you can't install Garmin Mobile XT on just any phone.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    No, you can't install Garmin Mobile XT on just any phone.
    It is Symbian, Windows Mobile and Palm OS based phones can be installed with Garmin, Nuvi phones are Android OS with pre-installed Garmin, I don't know yet if someone have already cracked it.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dal41las View Post
    Sir I have Nokia C5 which has GPS feature, how can I install garmin software to my fon and where can I download garmin software?

Thanks!

Drive Safe!
    Please back read, I have posted the links :D

For tutorials and know how: http://www.noeman.org/gsm/garmin-tut...xt-s60-wm.html

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    It is Symbian, Windows Mobile and Palm OS based phones can be installed with Garmin, Nuvi phones are Android OS with pre-installed Garmin, I don't know yet if someone have already cracked it.
    Er, why would you want to crack a Nuvi Phone? to install GMXT?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dal41las View Post

Thanks!

Drive Safe!
    install OVI Maps, it has Free navigation for life...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    as long as the places he wants to drive around are covered. there are a couple of free routable PH maps available.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    Er, why would you want to crack a Nuvi Phone? to install GMXT?
    Nuvi Phone is an android phone with pre-installed Garmin. We have so many Android phones coming out from different manufacturers now I haven't yet seen any other Android phone besides nuviphone that you can a DIY installed of Garmin

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Nuvi Phone is an android phone with pre-installed Garmin.
    I suppose you're referring to the GarminFone right? 'Coz the nüvifone G60 (Linux) and the M20 and M10 are Windows Mobile powered. Now I am not privy to info whether the built-in Garmin nav system in this Garmin-Asus phones are a more advanced version of the Garmin Mobile XT. AFAIK, Garmin Mobile XT has been discontinued, most likely to give way to Garmin's take on PND/Phone combo devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshII
    We have so many Android phones coming out from different manufacturers now I haven't yet seen any other Android phone besides nuviphone that you can a DIY installed of Garmin
    The nuvifone has Garmin 'coz it's garmin. Well, I haven't seen any development regarding creating a "patched" version of GMXT (most likely because Android developers prefer to create their own offline nav software and use OSM maps instead) to run in Android. You might want to check out the gps underground for any news of a GMXT(or the Garmin system itself) for android. It's not unthinkable that someone's bound to make some adjustments to the software to be used in Android systems.
    Anyway, I asked 'coz I thought you still wanted to install GMXT on a nuvifone based on how I understood your previous statement.
    Last edited by B2Bomber; August 26th, 2010 at 04:47 PM.