New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 758
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,057
    #541
    Im using my Nokia 5800XM with Garmin Software...

    Recalculating....
    if possible make a u-turn
    Turn right...

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,577
    #542
    Nokia Maps is now free. You guys might want to try it as well.

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,848
    #543
    Same here, this time on samsung i8910 omnia hd, Hirap gamitin ng garmin mobile...
    it doesn't calculate the fastest route nor shortest, it always tells me to take avenida na napaka trapik, when meron namang R-10 na maluwag... tsk tsk tsk... more of a distraction really... I just hope that garmin finally distributes locally or maybe tomtom para me map support. I wonder how accumap fairs in our chaos of a metropolis...



    Quote Originally Posted by likot View Post
    Im using my Nokia 5800XM with Garmin Software...

    Recalculating....
    if possible make a u-turn
    Turn right...
    Last edited by blue_gambit; February 27th, 2010 at 03:23 AM. Reason: add

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,938
    #544
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Same here, this time on samsung i8910 omnia hd, Hirap gamitin ng garmin mobile...
    it doesn't calculate the fastest route nor shortest, it always tells me to take avenida na napaka trapik, when meron namang R-10 na maluwag... tsk tsk tsk... more of a distraction really... I just hope that garmin finally distributes locally or maybe tomtom para me map support. I wonder how accumap fairs in our chaos of a metropolis...
    What map did you load onto your Omnia?

    [SIZE=1]557/3,734[/SIZE]

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,848
    #545
    Its an .img file I got from roadguide.ph I think its the free map. Dont know how different the contributors map is...



    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    What map did you load onto your Omnia?

    [SIZE=1]557/3,734[/SIZE]

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,938
    #546
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Its an .img file I got from roadguide.ph I think its the free map. Dont know how different the contributors map is...
    *VERY* different, sir. That map you're using is more than 2 years old, I think. The contributor map is around 35MB (or thereabouts) already.

    No wonder you had problems with the routing. You're better off with the OSM map while you have no access to the roadguide contributor map.

    [SIZE=1]558/3,745[/SIZE]

  7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    401
    #547
    Free Garmin routable map from Roadguide.ph just got a major upgrade. To download, here is the link http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348. This is only several notches below the most recent contributor's map version, and is now available for use by the general public. You have to register first though to access the file.

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,938
    #548
    Thanks, ferrarifan! You beat me to it!

    To think I've been constantly checking since it was mentioned... then when it was released along with the latest contributor version, that was the first day I didn't check 'cuz I got tired of checking! Heh.


    [SIZE=1]560/3827[/SIZE]

  9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,938
    #549
    Thanks, ferrarifan! You beat me to it!

    To think I've been constantly checking since it was mentioned... then when it was released along with the latest contributor version, that was the first day I didn't check 'cuz I got tired of checking! Heh.


    [SIZE=1]560/3827[/SIZE]

  10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    311
    #550
    To those still using the old standard map (5.08). I suggest you take time out to upgrade to the latest standard map's version (1.07, yes this is the latest forget the version number...long story).

    1.07 is very close to what is the "contributor's edition". among the key improvements are:
    - better routing algorithm
    - more coverage
    - more waypoints, better graphics

    the old map (5.08) is not even comparable, it is quite outdated and is meant only to give new users a taste of what the roadguide map can offer.

    walang kwenta na yung 5.08 compared to 1.07. now the latest contributors edition is even better.

    Now, this improvements are brought about by contributions from members. So in the end, I encouraged everyone here to be a member of roadguide, contribute and aim for a contributor status. you get to have the latest version of the map and the map instantly becomes better because of your contribution, everybody wins.

Tags for this Thread

GPS Navigation System [merged threads]