New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Is it a difficult process to contribute to get the contributor's version?

nope... all you have to do is save waypoints ex. Mc Donald's, Jollibee, etc. tracks, routing corrections that are not yet on the map... then send them as contributions... if The Judge deems that you have contributed enough... you will then be given an unlock code which you can use to access the contributors map.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Thought so... What if I change Garmin units? Can I still use the unrestricted map on the new unit?

you have to ask for a new unlock code to be able to send the contributors map to your new unit.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Perhaps you've never compared them much.

I have the latest 1.07 demo map. And yes, it's true, it has a lot more POI's than the OSM version, but the roads in the provinces are fewer than in the OSM version.

IMHO, POI's are good, but if I'm going to a place, I only need ask for the exact location (or maybe even only the STREET address and some nearby landmarks if the street it is on is quite long) and I can find it in the OSM map, so POI's don't really matter much to me.

But comparing 1.06 and 1.07 demo maps, it *is* great to see more roads in the Pampanga area in the roadguide.ph map, though. Keep it up!

The friendly competition between roadguide and OSM proves to be beneficial to the end-users!

it still, is a work in progress... that's why in Roadguide... the contributors somewhat serve as the life blood of the project... by sending in their contributions... they help the map get better each time.

:thumbup: on the friendly competition.:cheers2:

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Perhaps you don't go into the non-mainstream provincial destinations.

Me, I often go to non-mainstream provincial destinations.
    That figures. We're completely the opposite. :D I only drive in MM and I search for POIs more often than I search for road names.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That figures. We're completely the opposite. :D I only drive in MM and I search for POIs more often than I search for road names.
    OIC. So that's why roadguide's version will serve you better.

Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    problem ko pa rin sir woohoo di makita ang map kahit may signal na.

ano pwede ko gawin?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    gmaster..... thanks for the help...

i love my Samsung Omnia.... gumana na! perfect!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_fox View Post
    gmaster..... thanks for the help...

i love my Samsung Omnia.... gumana na! perfect!
    Congrats! I'm very glad you succeeded!

Happy navigating!!!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Hindi daw sumama yung bagong STYLE file dun sa 20090912 zip file. Kaya tinanggal muna.

Naging busy yata si maning kaya di na niya na-update.

Ang ipinagawa niya sa akin, e, download yung mapsource installer version, then send the map to my unit using Mapsource software.

Ganun ba, salamat sa update. Pano pala mag contribute sa roadph kasi tulad ng ko at karamihan wala na kaming mga contribute lalo na hindi naman kami madalas nag explore sa ibang part ng luzon. Can we do financial contribution nalang to get the contributor map

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Balikbayan na gustong mag karoon ng map pero hindi naman sila contributor since hindi naman sila nag stay ng matagal sa Pinas ay no way na mag kakaroon ng contributor's map. Sana meron silang option sa ganitong user.