New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 45 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    oh i just want to make things clear po. hindi ko pa po siya binili. just auditioned it. im just inquiring po if you guys have tried their product. hows their map po ba ng Metro Manila? do they follow the same traffic schemes currently implemented by mmda?tyia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frontandcenter View Post
    oh i just want to make things clear po. hindi ko pa po siya binili. just auditioned it. im just inquiring po if you guys have tried their product. hows their map po ba ng Metro Manila? do they follow the same traffic schemes currently implemented by mmda?tyia
    in my case, NAVFONE map did have indicators on the map if the road is oneway and such if the traffic scheme has been there for a while. If it was a recent addition/modification, it won't be there. But the software will be re-plot a new route if you missed the appointed turn, etc.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    mga sirs, i need help.. i was planning on getting a carstetics 2din gps next weekend but the problem is when i called them earlier this week, its like their terms have changed.. before they told me 37k for HU and P7500 for the maps. they told me they will give me discounts when i would get both. now they're like wala na discounts and in exchange, they will not charge me for the monthly fee for the maps. can some of you guys put some light into this? anyone of you have tried their maps? is it really good ba to the point that theyll charge for monthly fees? i mean i know todays maps are free for now and once perfected, theyll start to charge for maintenance..they said they have a tie-up daw with globe telecom and stuffs..its's really weird because they're braggin bout how cheap their rates are but this is what im getting.. is it worth the money po ba or should i start to look someplace else for a 2din HU w/gps?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by frontandcenter View Post
    mga sirs, i need help.. i was planning on getting a carstetics 2din gps next weekend but the problem is when i called them earlier this week, its like their terms have changed.. before they told me 37k for HU and P7500 for the maps. they told me they will give me discounts when i would get both. now they're like wala na discounts and in exchange, they will not charge me for the monthly fee for the maps. can some of you guys put some light into this? anyone of you have tried their maps? is it really good ba to the point that theyll charge for monthly fees? i mean i know todays maps are free for now and once perfected, theyll start to charge for maintenance..they said they have a tie-up daw with globe telecom and stuffs..its's really weird because they're braggin bout how cheap their rates are but this is what im getting.. is it worth the money po ba or should i start to look someplace else for a 2din HU w/gps?
    If may tie-up sa Globe, I'm assuming more that that stuff is either SMS-based or internet-based rather than GPS. Utilizing Google Earth siguro or what. Bottomline - you're being robbed. Hell 37K + 7.5K + MONTHLY CHARGE for GPS? Never have I heard that.

If you really want 2-DIN HU w/ GPS and Philippine Map built-in, go with AVT's offer. May tie-up sila with the map-maker selling road maps in Shell and National Bookstore nationwide. Pretty accurate na rin naman. SRP I think ranges from 18.5K - 28K in Winterpine.

And if you want, pwede rin naman na bili ka na lang ng 2-DIN HU (like Fidelity) and buy a Nokia N82. Install Garmin XT with the latest contributor map (or heck even the free map) of phroadguide and plug it into your HU's AUX port via your N82's bundled A/V cables. Laking menos mo pa plus may phone ka pa maliban sa HU.

Similar nga pala diyan setup ko btw.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    aok sir.. i like the avt units myself kaso last i heard po.. avt 998 2 din doesnt have the optional gps accessory yet.. saan po ba ung winterpine and alam nyo po ba number nila?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    there is a free road map. check www.roadguide.ph , http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6

i have the latest version of philippine map.1.06 full version perfect

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    hi guys im using a garmin nuvi255w and to inform yeh it is working here fine in the philippines , like you guys i was hesitant , but reading the comparison in the stores was very tempting receiving 24 satellites compare to 12 sats of other models , deep inside my self what the heck , im in HK , if it won't work i can just buy a ticket and come here again . so i did gamble and purchase 5 units , initial unit is for my self and the rest is for my kumpares if they want it .

well im using a basic map i've install for free , it will let you survive the greater part of metro manila , parts of other cities . and if you wanna have a much detail maps you just have to contribute and have it for evaluation and they will give you a much detail map,
    so far unlike other countries they have commercial maps for sale and in 3d .
    i just hope that after google finished mapping our country and they will put it up for sale soon .

<<removed>>
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 26th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    been using my garmin 255w. ok nman yun 2 phil map na naka load. i use osm for MM and phil roadguide pag outside MM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: Do not post ads in the forums.

The Rules:
    [/SIZE]

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/annou...php?f=123&a=19

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hey ghosthunter, how are you? What happened na to the other site? wala na pumupunta? puro ads na..