New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    is there anyone using this GPS http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=5815043

Its cost 5k only.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've been looking at Sulit and TipidPC for portable Garmin units (as an immediate alternative to my never-ending search for a nice all-in-one headunit, haha).

Guys, ok ba yung Garmin Nuvi 205w? Or can you recommend an even better unit, as long as it's below 15K sana, *and* yung additional features nya ay useful dito sa pinas, hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    I've been looking at Sulit and TipidPC for portable Garmin units (as an immediate alternative to my never-ending search for a nice all-in-one headunit, haha).

Guys, ok ba yung Garmin Nuvi 205w? Or can you recommend an even better unit, as long as it's below 15K sana, *and* yung additional features nya ay useful dito sa pinas, hehe.
    Personally, I'd get the 255W. It speaks street names and it's still very much within your budget (12-13k). In malls, these are sold at around 18k.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    After some research online, I now decided on getting a Garmin 765T, for only 12K from an online seller.

Anyone here who uses, or tried, this particular model? Any thoughts on this unit?

Isa sa useful na nakita kong features ay yung Garmin Locate. Kapag di mo maalala saan ka nag-park, kasi it marks the parking location when you remove the unit from its mounting sa car. Hehe.

Btw, yung PH maps ba natin ay may support for Lane Assist? E yung 3D buildings na feature, useful naman kayo yun? :D

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    .....Guys, ok ba yung Garmin Nuvi 205w? Or can you recommend an even better unit, as long as it's below 15K sana, *and* yung additional features nya ay useful dito sa pinas, hehe.
    the 205W is a nice inexpensive entry level unit. i have one and very happy with it. i was able to get this for only $99 during the president's day sale in the US

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    After some research online, I now decided on getting a Garmin 765T, for only 12K from an online seller.

Anyone here who uses, or tried, this particular model? Any thoughts on this unit?

Isa sa useful na nakita kong features ay yung Garmin Locate. Kapag di mo maalala saan ka nag-park, kasi it marks the parking location when you remove the unit from its mounting sa car. Hehe.

Btw, yung PH maps ba natin ay may support for Lane Assist? E yung 3D buildings na feature, useful naman kayo yun? :D
    The current map does not support lane assist or 3D buildings while the Garmin Locate function only works if you park in an open parking. We have a fair share of indoor and multi-level parking structures which could obstruct GPS reception, rendering the function useless.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ok eto na talaga ang final decision, kasi nabili ko na ang unit hehe. I got one of those 5" widescreen Nuvi 1490T. I'm very very happy with it. The map display even looks similar in size already to the Kenwood HU with Garmin module (coz that one doesn't have the map full-screen, it has the info panels on the side of the screen. And being a newly refreshed GUI design, this looks much much neater than the Kenwood Garmin module's GUI. And did I mention ang laki ng screen? Hehe. As a bonus, may Bluetooth sya at malakas ang speakerphone nya (dahil malaki ang unit mismo hehe).

If I had 70K to burn, then I would still consider the Kenwood+Garmin set, if only because it makes a much more streamlined setup, very neat kasi walang power cables running along the dashboard, at integrated solution talaga ang dating kasi hindi redundant yung LCD. But of course, having a separate GPS unit has its advantages, too, like listening to music or watching videos while navigating.

Thanks to oj88 who actually was the first one who enlightened me about Garmin, and also about the Kenwood thing, and how anything Garmin is better than anything AVT. Dati kasi akala ko AVT was the way to go when it comes to Philippine navigation. Btw, I have nothing against AVT, so I hope AVT owners won't hate me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Galing! Mind telling us where you bought the 1490T and for how much?

Hands down talaga winner ang Garmin. I wouldn't have it any other way.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    recently got a nuvi 255w for $100. so far using just OSM map. ngayon ko lang nalaman while backreading here na updated na non-contributor roadguide map. will check it out.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Galing! Mind telling us where you bought the 1490T and for how much?

Hands down talaga winner ang Garmin. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Got it for 16K online (Sulit.com). Not bad na siguro for something with such a big screen and the latest Garmin GUI.