New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 758
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,938
    #481
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Is it true that the full version of the Philippine map for Garmin is restricted to a single user only? So there'e no way of getting a copy unless you contribute to map development?
    That would be the roadguide.ph/waypoints.ph version, sir.

    Feel free to download the OSM version from:

    http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

    IMO, it's much, much more complete, and you download it now, no need for you to contribute first.

    Note: the September 2009 release for Garmin units has been taken down. But if you have mapsource installed, you may use the corresponding version and just use mapsource to upload it to your Garmin unit.

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,938
    #482
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_fox View Post
    sir woohoo, pa help din ako, i don't know how to use the GPS in my Samsung Omnia, i know you are kind enough to provide me specific info. TIA.

    ps. very useful yung binigay mo sa aking guide sa AUX kaya ikaw na rin nilapitan ko.
    Good thing I did some backreading, o I would have missed this.

    I'll do some research about the Omnia first.

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    806
    #483
    Quote Originally Posted by avangarte View Post
    now i have the full version of the map 1.07C with colored polygons, Mas maganda at upadted na,
    Would it be too much to ask a copy ?

  4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    35
    #484
    good day sirs...my getz is equipped with mtech brand HU..how can i activate its gps reciever

  5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    590
    #485
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    If AVT is Garmin compatible:

    Try ninyo gumawa ng "Garmin" folder sa SD card, at lagyan ng gmapsupp.img file. You may download from here (IMHO, OSM's map is far more complete than roadguide.ph's version).
    Bro I checked the link, bakit walang update yung 20090912 na MAP zip file?

  6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,938
    #486
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    Bro I checked the link, bakit walang update yung 20090912 na MAP zip file?
    Hindi daw sumama yung bagong STYLE file dun sa 20090912 zip file. Kaya tinanggal muna.

    Naging busy yata si maning kaya di na niya na-update.

    Ang ipinagawa niya sa akin, e, download yung mapsource installer version, then send the map to my unit using Mapsource software.

  7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,938
    #487
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_fox View Post
    sir woohoo, pa help din ako, i don't know how to use the GPS in my Samsung Omnia, i know you are kind enough to provide me specific info. TIA.

    ps. very useful yung binigay mo sa aking guide sa AUX kaya ikaw na rin nilapitan ko.
    Hi, Lady_Fox!

    Please see http://syafeerul.wordpress.com/2009/...-mobile-phone/

    HTH.

  8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    521
    #488
    gmaster thanks a lot!

  9. Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,127
    #489
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    That would be the roadguide.ph/waypoints.ph version, sir.

    Feel free to download the OSM version from:

    http://esambale.wikispaces.com/osmphil_garmin

    IMO, it's much, much more complete, and you download it now, no need for you to contribute first.

    only if you compare it with the standard FREE version of the Roadguide map... once you get to have the contributors version... then you'll be more amazed at how detailed it is... 28+mb at that.

  10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,127
    #490
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    Is it true that the full version of the Philippine map for Garmin is restricted to a single user only? So there'e no way of getting a copy unless you contribute to map development?

    that's true... unlock code is unique for every Garmin unit... IMO, the fun part of contributing is you get to see your contributions in the map and you get to be a part of its development.
    Last edited by liv; October 8th, 2009 at 06:52 PM.

Tags for this Thread

GPS Navigation System [merged threads]