New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    Would it be too much to ask a copy ?

sorry to say, but unlock code is unique for every Garmin unit.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by liv View Post
    that's true... unlock code is unique for every Garmin unit... IMO, the fun part of contributing is you get to see your contributions in the map and you get to be a part of its development.
    Is it a difficult process to contribute to get the contributor's version?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's true... unlock code is unique for every Garmin unit... IMO, the fun part of contributing is you get to see your contributions in the map and you get to be a part of its development.
    Thought so... What if I change Garmin units? Can I still use the unrestricted map on the new unit?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *woohoo, whew sa wakas na install ko rin problem di ko makita ang map... parang di madetect ang philippine map

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_fox View Post
    *woohoo, whew sa wakas na install ko rin problem di ko makita ang map... parang di madetect ang philippine map
    That's great! Did you go outside your house to get a signal, ma'am?

Wait a few minutes (or maybe even several minutes). GPS-capable phones have a tendency to spend too much time acquiring satellite signals the first time.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    only if you compare it with the standard FREE version of the Roadguide map... once you get to have the contributors version... then you'll be more amazed at how detailed it is... 28+mb at that.
    Perhaps you've never compared them much.

I have the latest 1.07 demo map. And yes, it's true, it has a lot more POI's than the OSM version, but the roads in the provinces are fewer than in the OSM version.

IMHO, POI's are good, but if I'm going to a place, I only need ask for the exact location (or maybe even only the STREET address and some nearby landmarks if the street it is on is quite long) and I can find it in the OSM map, so POI's don't really matter much to me.

But comparing 1.06 and 1.07 demo maps, it *is* great to see more roads in the Pampanga area in the roadguide.ph map, though. Keep it up!

The friendly competition between roadguide and OSM proves to be beneficial to the end-users!
    Last edited by woohoo; October 9th, 2009 at 10:17 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I have both OSM and RGph maps in my Nuvi. I can have either or both enabled on the fly. Depends on the type of my destination.

But FWIW, I don't get to use the OSM much. I still keep it though, just in case.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I have both OSM and RGph maps in my Nuvi. I can have either or both enabled on the fly. Depends on the type of my destination.

But FWIW, I don't get to use the OSM much. I still keep it though, just in case.
    Perhaps you don't go into the non-mainstream provincial destinations.

Me, I often go to non-mainstream provincial destinations.
    Last edited by woohoo; October 9th, 2009 at 12:39 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    gmaster, may pm ako. may pagka krung krung ang tanong kaya uunahan na kitang tumawa!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    sorry to say, but unlock code is unique for every Garmin unit.
    I was referring to the maps, but I did found out how. Thanks anyway.