New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    get Osmand...a good GPS app wherein you dont need a data plan to use it.
    You just need a GPS signal and download the maps to your phone or tablet.

It has offline navigation using only GPS.
    it might now show the best route like using EDSA on a weekday during rush hour but it will surely prevent you from getting lost.

You can have the entire philippine map for only 50 mb...comes with voice navigation too...

farthest i've used it is up to Batangas... so far so good

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    kailan pa nagsalita ang MMDA app?

OnT:

if you own smartphone, don't be stupid not to buy a car charger...so low batt will never be an issue.

i think you are referring to my post: tapos i have my tablet pa with different apps (waze, google map, osmand, mmda app). i sometimes use them all just for fun, ang ingay sa loob ng sasakyan. lahat nagsasalita hehehe

i was referring to all the gps devices that are open inside my car and not particular to the mmda app. and i cant even use all the apps simultaneously open in the screen. you should know that if you own a tablet/smart phone.

anyway clarification lang.

marami ring may smartphone at may kotse pero walang car charger. i dont think they're stupid. they're not just as technologically literate relative to others.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If you are going to use your smartphone, get a 2 amp car charger/usb charger. Malakas kumain ng battery yung gps + data connection 1 amp will still drain your battery.

I use waze for metromanila, di ko sya napakinabangan sa province. Although I appreciate its ETA feature.

I also have MapFactor, free and offline but not that user friendly especially sa search ng lugar. But I used it on our trip to baler, ok naman.

Havent fully tried Osmand yet, maybe on next out of town. It can be used offline

Finally Google Maps and Local, although di pa gumagana navigator sa pinas, it can still plot your route and so far reliable naman ang google sa search ng place. Also appreciate the Local app of google, where you can search the nearest establishment you need, like searching restaurant or ATM in an unfamiliar province.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    im using maps w/ me on my android tab. can also be used offline, just d'load the phil map on a wifi. it also works w/ your built in tab gps to know your location. the paid version's additional features are bookmarking, search. i'm thinking of upgrading to the pro version if anybody can add up some info/feedback regarding this app.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    im using maps w/ me on my android tab. can also be used offline, just d'load the phil map on a wifi. it also works w/ your built in tab gps to know your location. the paid version's additional features are bookmarking, search. i'm thinking of upgrading to the pro version if anybody can add up some info/feedback regarding this app.
    Sir bobzy, silipin nyo sa Google Play yung Sygic, mapapansin nyo na aside from directions naka highlight in purple yung lane where your car should be. Very useful kapag may flyover or underpass or malapit na sa express way exit. Ganito rin yung makikita nyo sa Germin dedicated GPS navigation. Makakapwesto tayo sa tamang lane ahead of time. Been useful to me on my first drive to SLEX coming from C5, pinapwesto na ako ni Sygic sa tamang lane bago dumating sa left turn going to SLEX.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Di kc updated ang sygic kya pnalitan ko. Wla ung valero service roads sa map nya.
    Medyo ok ung navdroyd ito gamit ko now, updated maps at offline navigation pa. Havent tried osmand pero ok din daw feedback.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by stickers; April 17th, 2013 at 03:15 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post

marami ring may smartphone at may kotse pero walang car charger. i dont think they're stupid. they're not just as technologically literate relative to others.
    Yup a few models now dont have cigar sockets. Mgpapakabit ka pa kung kelangan mo. I had to diy pa.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    kailan pa nagsalita ang MMDA app?
    May bagong feature yang mmda app eto sabi ng voice prompt:
    "You have just committed swerving! You are to pay php1,000 as penalty and go to our Orense office in Makati for a whole day seminar. How bothersome is that? However you have the option to pay half of the penalty to the apprehending officer and we can all forget of what just happened."

:D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think in the next MMDA App beta, they're including a Bribe Calculator. :D

BTT:

For navigating in a car, a purpose-built Garmin navigation GPS + Roadguide.ph map is the best combination. It has the most POIs and arguably, is more complete than OSM in many ways. 2nd choice would be Navitel on my Android phone, also using a version of the Roadguide.ph map that is somewhat older. Lastly, OSMAND.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree with you bro.,- 100%... Ganyan din ako,- takot maligaw.

But I am worse, ako ayaw magtanong... (Ubos gas at oras tuloy)... :twak:

18.8K:dance1:
    Mahirap din minsan kapag walang mapagtanungan. Mahirap din kapag ito lagi ang sagot na nakukuha mo: "Pasensya na sir, bago lang din po ako dito" o kaya "Nako sir, hindi ko din po alam yan". Pwede rin magtanong sa isang traffic enforcer pero kapag wala talaga either sa guard o sa isang tao na di mo kilala at diyan papsok ang mga sagot na sinabi ko.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast