New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    My vehicle has a built-in GPS that uses iNav and the maps are regularly updated. The graphics is cool and directions are mostly accurate. One disadvantage is that while it allows you to find a street address, it only asks you for the city or district; there's no option to define the village. That's a problem if there are several streets with the same name in a city.

I've also used Android apps and the best in my opinion are Locus (there's a free version) and NDrive. NDrive is expensive, while the paid version of Locus is more affordable. I've never had a problem with battery life because I use a charger. They both can use offline maps so you don't need a data connection. One advantage of Locus is it has track recording.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    now i'm using Sygic installed on my tab. i've been using it for more than a week now and i'm really amazed! it works like a dedicated GPS when navigating. i'm using it offline coz maps can be downloaded to be used outside (offline). many thanks to bro sticker for the enlightenment!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Now I'm trying "Navigator" from Google Play. It's free and so far so good! Can also be used offline.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    now i'm using Sygic installed on my tab. i've been using it for more than a week now and i'm really amazed! it works like a dedicated GPS when navigating. i'm using it offline coz maps can be downloaded to be used outside (offline). many thanks to bro sticker for the enlightenment!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    Now I'm trying "Navigator" from Google Play. It's free and so far so good! Can also be used offline.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2
    I am using waze, sygic and navi.

Why waze? Im on data plan so I can use the live updates of the user everytime.

Why sygic? Similar to waze but it has a capability to go offline, but you will loose the live updates. 2nd choice ko to from waze kasi sa 1week trial ko feeling ko di ganoon kadami users or traffic updates nya and may cost sya.

Why navi? Isang dl lang, then u have a turn by turn gps system. No online support AFAIK. tested here in cavite reliable naman and may auto calculate din through gps. Same with the other two above. Panget lang interface.

To the TS, your question is answerable ng tanong na what do you prefer a beeper or a phone? Syempre smartphone para combines beeper (text) and phone (calls) at may freebies pa na tulad ng gps.

Mura na din pala car charger kung ang issue is being lowbat and imho all smartphones nowadays have battery issue either iphone, s3, etc and etc.

HOpe this helps.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    To the TS, your question is answerable ng tanong na what do you prefer a beeper or a phone? Syempre smartphone

HOpe this helps.
    Parang hindi naman bro :smiley: saka smartphone din kasi gamit ko kaya lang meron akong lumang gps, kung ipaupdate ko to or palitan,alin ang maganda at kailangan pa ba, saka halos lahat naman naka cellphone pero meron pa ring nagiinvest sa gps as their business at maraming gumagamit nyan so dun pumasok yung tanong ko para maglabasan mga idea kung alin ang alin. kita mo dami naglabasang opinion, iba-iba, dami mapupulot based na rin sa experience nila :thumbup:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I'm still on trial stage of this OsmAnd android apps using my Samsung Note 2 here in Singapore. I'm simulating like what would be my scenario (GPS on, no wifi, no data plan) if being used in the Philippines because I don't have data plan there. So far it's reliable, it could cater my basic need in navigation that I could use this when my family and I travel from Manila to La Union on August.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    There's a difference between GPS navigation on a tiny handheld device and GPS navigation via a nice, big screen on the dashboard with audible commands played through the car speakers.

Also, dedicated GPS devices have faster GPS updating and better antennas than a smartphone stuck inside the car. Especially if you have metallic window tint.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    may nakita ako ipad mini gamit as gps nila.
    Sa long drive gamit ko Nexus 7.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    How to install the OsmAnd voice guidance? I'm using this android app offline. Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    How to install the OsmAnd voice guidance? I'm using this android app offline. Thanks.
    kailangan i-download ung voice package tapos enable mo dun sa Navigation settings

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    kailangan i-download ung voice package tapos enable mo dun sa Navigation settings
    I downloaded voice en-us under voice packs (recorded) and TTS Voice cs-tts under Voice Packs(TTS). Would these 2 suffice? Thanks.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast