New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    try using your phone as a gps on a road trip minimum 2 hours drive. ubos agad baterya nyan and iinit pa ang phone nyo kung sakali na may car charger kayo.
    tried this before. depende sa battery ng fon mo kung tatagal o hindi ung charge nya.

gamit ko samsung note 2 and OsmAnd GPS app.

ung routing naman depende sa map na nakaload sayo. sa fon ko mabilis naman ung routing and reliable. nung minsan galing ako subic pabalik na ako manila via SCTEX tapos nalagpasan ko ung Dinalupihan exit. My GPS rerouted me through the next exit Floridablanca and reached NLEX.

ang reklamo ko lang talaga eh kalimitan mabagal sya mag-lock sa GPS signal sa umpisa.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ One of the possible inconveniences of using a device not designed for that function....

Your choice.....

18.8K:dance1:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

^^^ One of the possible inconveniences of using a device not designed for that function....

Your choice.....

true. pero kasi kung city driving ka lang at same route ka lang lagi, di na kailangan gumastos pa ng extra kung may maayos ka ng smartphone with GPS capability.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    But my Garmin on my iPhone 5 gets a sat lock in under 10seconds once I'm on the road. Power supply is never a problem as you can always use a USB charger plugged to the 12V source.

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    When we went to Daet, Cam Norte, I used Papago M8 in my iPhone4s.
    My friend who was in the other vehicle brought his Garmin.

To my surprise, he turned off his device when we were in Nagcarlan, Laguna because it kept telling them to make a U-Turn. The device/software was probably not aware of the Nagcarlan-Lukban-Pagbilao route going to Quezon. At one point, they were instructed to make a left turn which happens to be towards a ravine in Camarines Norte (Bitulang Manok).

I'm not saying my iPhone is better but let us not be too dependent on these devices although sometimes I'm guilty on this one. When I travel long distances to unfamiliar places, I try to research first and visualize everything. I use google maps etc to increase awareness of the route I'm taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Carpio View Post
    una ko naisip sir mabilis naman gps sa phone sa experience ko, pero naalala ko nung minsan hinahanap ko isang clubhouse sa bulacan, lumagpas na kami ng 10 meters bago nag-update yun phone, parang nadelay ng konti dahil siguro sa connection, kaya tama ka lol ang nangyari tuloy, iikot kami pabalik eh traffic na,puro trak ang nakapila haha
    ok pa nga yang 10 meters. Dapat on your part, alerto ka na 200 meters from your destination. Hindi naman instantaneous ang update GPS.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    true. pero kasi kung city driving ka lang at same route ka lang lagi, di na kailangan gumastos pa ng extra kung may maayos ka ng smartphone with GPS capability.
    Bro.,- kung same route ka lang lagi,- why use GPS or Smartphone for that matter???...

SCing-SC ang dating natin diyan... :hysterical:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- kung same route ka lang lagi,- why use GPS or Smartphone for that matter???...

SCing-SC ang dating natin diyan... :hysterical:

dati kasi nung baguhang driver pa ko at di ko pa masyado kabisado ung mga daanan sa Manila kaya napaisip ako bumili. tapos may opismate ako na naka-GPS na mura lang (around 5K) so napabili ako. para lang ba mas confident gumala at nde nagsasayang ng gas kasi iwas maligaw.

so initially nagagamit ko talaga sya. nung tumagal nde na. nagagamit ko na lang sya pag out-of-town (usually papuntang north ) or pag nagagawi paminsan-minsan sa mga liblib na lugar dito sa Manila.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you have it then good if you dont phone will do...I don't really thing kailangan pa bumili ng GPS if your car is not equip with one...saan ba dito sa manila ang mahirap puntahan at maliligaw pa?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    dati kasi nung baguhang driver pa ko at di ko pa masyado kabisado ung mga daanan sa Manila kaya napaisip ako bumili. tapos may opismate ako na naka-GPS na mura lang (around 5K) so napabili ako. para lang ba mas confident gumala at nde nagsasayang ng gas kasi iwas maligaw.

so initially nagagamit ko talaga sya. nung tumagal nde na. nagagamit ko na lang sya pag out-of-town (usually papuntang north ) or pag nagagawi paminsan-minsan sa mga liblib na lugar dito sa Manila.
    Agree with you bro.,- 100%... Ganyan din ako,- takot maligaw.

But I am worse, ako ayaw magtanong... (Ubos gas at oras tuloy)... :twak:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    When we went to Daet, Cam Norte, I used Papago M8 in my iPhone4s.
    My friend who was in the other vehicle brought his Garmin.

To my surprise, he turned off his device when we were in Nagcarlan, Laguna because it kept telling them to make a U-Turn. The device/software was probably not aware of the Nagcarlan-Lukban-Pagbilao route going to Quezon. At one point, they were instructed to make a left turn which happens to be towards a ravine in Camarines Norte (Bitulang Manok).

I'm not saying my iPhone is better but let us not be too dependent on these devices although sometimes I'm guilty on this one. When I travel long distances to unfamiliar places, I try to research first and visualize everything. I use google maps etc to increase awareness of the route I'm taking..
    For Garmin to give them direction your friend has activated a route to your destination, depending on the setting, either, fastest route or shorter route the route plotted on garmin will vary. He should have check the routes before he accepted it. He can edit the route by adding waypoints (via) in between destination. His Garmin shouldn't be any different from Papago because they use the same roadguide map.

Garmin GPS are for serious road tripper, because you can efficiently plan your trips and routes especially if you have mapsource. The GPS will also guide you with the road shape ahead and help you when making decision to overtake safely, You can also upload waypoints with proximity alert warnings, like waypoints for railroad crossings, bridges , known bad roads etc. You can also customize the screen to give you driving info, like, time to destination, distance to destination, estimated arrival time, etc. I also have garmin GPS in my smartphones.but I rarely use this for long trips.

If you are a city dweller, smartphone is ok, if you are a serious or frequent road tripper, a real garmin gps with good map is a must have. .

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast