New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 245
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    528
    #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Edvic View Post
    OsmAnd Apps gamit ko na GPS , meron din itong voice instruction , accurate siya at FREE pa, pwede ito sa kahit anong Android Phones or Tablet, basta supported siya ng A-gps o gps, Medyo mabusisi nga lang pagiinstall. Para sa akin mas ok pa ang Android phone kesa sa mismong GPS unit, "bakit kamo? , may Phone ka na , may GPS ka pa".
    Hoe to install sir? Im having a hard time... Hehe

    Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    26,770
    #72
    may nakita ako ipad mini gamit as gps nila.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,853
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiW View Post
    Hoe to install sir? Im having a hard time... Hehe

    Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2
    Sir MikkiW,

    On your android device:
    1. Go to Google Play and search for OSMAnd.
    2. Download the app then it will automatically be installed.
    3. Open OSMAnd and go to Settings
    4. Setting> Data Management>
    5. Click the green link Click here to download or update offline data
    6. Search Philippines
    7. Download

    *** you can also download different maps of other countries by following the steps above. another data you can download are voice packs so you can have voice navigation guidance when doing routes ***

    Lastly, if you want to help improve the map, register and log on to OpenStreetMap

  4. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    37
    #74
    sir solved na problema ko



    :rofl:

    meron pala ko nito :bwahaha:
    nahalungkat lang sa cabinet

    ... ok back to topic haha

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6
    #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo A. View Post
    OSMAND as an example sometimes doesn't see no u-turns. So make sure to read the road signs and not just follow the GPS blindly. A solution to this error of Osmand is to use the online routing(cloudmade) service it has to calculate the route. I found the online routing service to be more accurate than the offline one Osmand has. Since it only uses the data connection when calculating routes, it uses less battery power than waze which has to constantly download info from the web.
    That's actually a bug in OSMand. The no-U-turn data is already in OSM (OpenStreetMap) but OSMand has a problem with some no-U-turns. Nag-file na ako ng bug report sa OSMand development team: http://code.google.com/p/osmand/issues/detail?id=1729

  6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    128
    #76
    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiW View Post
    Hoe to install sir? Im having a hard time... Hehe

    Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk 2
    Ano sir phone mo? tingnan mo muna sa setting pag may nakita ka GPS or A-GPS. Reply ka uli.

  7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,938
    #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Edvic View Post
    Ano sir phone mo? tingnan mo muna sa setting pag may nakita ka GPS or A-GPS. Reply ka uli.
    Samsung s3 un fone nya

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

  8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    #78
    I have 3 issues with using Smartphones for Turn-for-Turn Navigation:

    First is that I think GPS devices are better and faster in terms of getting your actual location. While some phones are better than others, most are still I feel not at par with dedicated GPS devices.

    Second is that most of the software available for Smartphones are paid applications. Some of these applications do have trial periods, but in the end you will have to pay for them.

    Third is that the lack of a really good software available for Smartphones for navigation. Those that are available I feel are not as good in terms of user interface and friendliness as the Garmin software, and not as easy to update the map on your own.

    In the end, I think dedicated GPS devices are still better. But then if you don't do a lot of travelling out of town, then you won't get to use it as much, hence that is the issue.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,181
    #79
    Quote Originally Posted by rhk111 View Post
    First is that I think GPS devices are better and faster in terms of getting your actual location. While some phones are better than others, most are still I feel not at par with dedicated GPS devices.
    True.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhk111 View Post
    Second is that most of the software available for Smartphones are paid applications. Some of these applications do have trial periods, but in the end you will have to pay for them.
    Try mo ung OSMAND kung naka android phone ka. Free sya pero 16-times mo lang ata pwede ma-update ung map. Afterwards kailangan mo na bilhin ung full version for less than Php 200 for unlimited map updates. So kung meron kang latest Android smart phone sulit na sya.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhk111 View Post
    Third is that the lack of a really good software available for Smartphones for navigation. Those that are available I feel are not as good in terms of user interface and friendliness as the Garmin software, and not as easy to update the map on your own.
    True pero masasanay ka rin. Tapos marami pa kulang dun sa maps kung gusto mo mag-search offline ng mga "points of interest" tulad ng restaurants, shops, etc... Pero in terms of accuracy ng mga streets OK naman sya. Ongoing naman ung pag-update ng maps so eventually makukumpleto rin sya.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,361
    #80
    I still need a GPS because I am cheap and do not want to pay for unlimited data plan (and the tier 1 carriers have stopped selling those here).

    Plus I don't want to use up my phone battery, because I still make calls.

    Plus I don't want big brother knowing where I am or where I am going. Hehe.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Do we still need GPS when we can use Smartphone?