New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 181 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the more i hear about this device the more i'm becoming convinced that this is utter crap. buboy, no offense to you, and i certainly respect your opinion - but your friend mr. planas simply does not have any facts to back his claims up and any responsible consumer will demand reasonable proof that the device works as advertised before dropping a lot of hard-earned cash on it (with the possible exception of julian up above)

these 'swirl' devices that modify the intake charge have been around in different forms for years - the most ridiculous one i saw had a small electric fan actually "forcing" air into the intake :bwahaha: through a tube...again, NONE of these devices have worked as advertised.

the only possible way i see this working is ghosthunter's theory of leaning out the fuel mixture - but (a) you can do that yourself if you knew how the ecu works (remember the days of carbureted cars when you had the "choke", or you could turn a screw and the engine would run differently? it's kinda like that)...and (b) it's not too smart - you'll have an engine continually short on power and prone to stalling.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    ...around in different forms for years - the most ridiculous one i saw had a small electric fan actually "forcing" air into the intake :bwahaha: through a tube...again, NONE of these devices have worked as advertised.
    I hope that you are talking about the Turbo-Zet thingie ... because if its the "e-Ram"... i have it in my car and it does work as claimed.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    is that e-ram the one which only works on WOT and has a 500W air pump? that actually works? :D

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    to all the comments in this thread....let me set it straight....i am no expert in cars. i am just a user of the device. i am not the right person to discuss technicals with turbo charger. ghosthunter...i am not straying from the topic....i am just doing an analogy when i compared with the ms beta testing. i think what you believe that those making the tests should be experts (in MS). thats all untrue. i am also in information technology for ages and i presently work for a tech firm. before you judge someone as ignorant, look at yourself first and your credentials. you easily judge a product as worthless and a person as ignorant without any basis.

time is so precious. and i won't be able to reply to all your technical questions anyway. i just shared to you my experience with turbo charger. if sharing it to you would mean persecution from the skeptics here, then i will leave you with what you believe in. but if somehow in the future, you see more testimonies as to its effectiveness and you see the turbo charger selling like hotcakes in the market, which will happen very soon, hope most of you will realize this little invention has come of age. ciao.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We are not persecuting you. We are just viewing the story from the other side. This is just healthy discussion.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by orly_andico
    is that e-ram the one which only works on WOT and has a 500W air pump? that actually works? :D
    Well, its the device which activates during WOT and consumes about 350watts of power. The double e-Ram uses 700watts. Basically works as claimed. Expect no magic increases in HP though.

Note: you might need to do some DIY work to fit the device to your car. I had "autoxer" customize an intake tube to attach the e-Ram to my engine. Very clean installation.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OTEP
    We are not persecuting you. We are just viewing the story from the other side. This is just healthy discussion.
    persecution complex?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by buboy
    to all the comments in this thread....let me set it straight....i am no expert in cars. i am just a user of the device. i am not the right person to discuss technicals with turbo charger. ghosthunter...i am not straying from the topic....i am just doing an analogy when i compared with the ms beta testing. i think what you believe that those making the tests should be experts (in MS). thats all untrue. i am also in information technology for ages and i presently work for a tech firm. before you judge someone as ignorant, look at yourself first and your credentials. you easily judge a product as worthless and a person as ignorant without any basis.
    hmmmm....er, I am not calling you ignorant without basis, you called yourself not knowledgable in cars in previous messages in this thread I think that was my basis.

example 1: posted 09-25-2003 at 11:45 AM
    ghosthunter i am not technical when it comes to cars...nag improve ang power based on my perception...i dont have to use the device or procedure you mentioned or be scientific about it.

example 2: posted 09-24-2003 at 10:55 PM
    hindi rin ako technical guy

And I never called you ignorant.

btw, I also used to tech work for a major computer company for nearly six years before I quit to open my own businesses. Don't be so quick to call yourself an expert in any field, there is ALWAYS someone better than you.

Also, I dont call myself an expert in cars. I have fiddled around with my current & previous car for more than ten years but I do not call myself an expert... just a guy with lots of experience who is willing to share.

Also, does working in a computer tech firm make you a reliable witness for a car modification device? Why even mention it at all? Do you think it would impress us? For what end? You were the one who mentioned MS beta-testing.

time is so precious. and i won't be able to reply to all your technical questions anyway.
    (I smell a bail-out! check example 1 & example 2) ;)

i just shared to you my experience with turbo charger. if sharing it to you would mean persecution from the skeptics here, then i will leave you with what you believe in.
    I am not persecuting you personally nor your support for the device. But since I have a background in mechanical engineering, robotics/automation and computer technology, having some data to support ANY & all claims would be useful against skeptics, dont you think so? Also if it was certified by some government body, won't there be some testing done before & during certification with resulting facts & figures for the said device? Where are those? If your father (buboy senior) was a direct supporter for Mr. Planas' work, he should have been informed and given copies of those test & certification results.

but if somehow in the future, you see more testimonies as to its effectiveness and you see the turbo charger selling like hotcakes in the market, which will happen very soon, hope most of you will realize this little invention has come of age. ciao.
    As long as we can quantify the gains and not just claims, why not? BTW, calling it a turbo-charger is totally misleading. I would rather call it a combustion efficiency enhancer than anything else.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 28th, 2003 at 10:11 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    Well, its the device which activates during WOT and consumes about 350watts of power. The double e-Ram uses 700watts. Basically works as claimed. Expect no magic increases in HP though.

Note: you might need to do some DIY work to fit the device to your car. I had "autoxer" customize an intake tube to attach the e-Ram to my engine. Very clean installation.

i think the E-Ram gives about 1 psi boost which is better than negative pressure in the intake manifold. and since it's only 1 psi boost you don't need those other stuff associated with having a turbo.

but please DISTINGUISH this from the so-called "electronic supercharger" which is plain BS. this is the "fan", the E-ram has a turbine.

btw, you only need to increase the ampere rating of your alternator by 30 amps to keep that E-Ram going full time without draining your battery. for the double E-ram you'll need about 70amps more than the stock alternator.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by yebo
    btw, you only need to increase the ampere rating of your alternator by 30 amps to keep that E-Ram going full time without draining your battery. for the double E-ram you'll need about 70amps more than the stock alternator.
    the makers of e-Ram suggests against operating it for more than 30 seconds at a time because it needs time to cool down the motor for a few seconds everytime its used.

Khaos Super Gas Saver