New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    baka hindi na maging tsikot.com to pag naglakad tayong lahat hehehe!!! lakad.com na!
    kung lahat ng may sasakyan eh maglalakad na lang.... di na siguro magiging trapik

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede lakadkasimahalgas.com hehe

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige
    Yan ang hirap sa atin, marami ng dagdag na sasakyan... tapos ang problema wala naman additional roads. Tignan mo na lang yung papuntang North... dati nung early 80's yung Baguio kuha ng 4 hours, ngayon mabilis ka na pag nakuha mo ng 5-6 hours... gaano kadami ang petrol na dagdag dito. Haaaayyyy...
    Hey, I can still do it in three hours... don't ask how much gas I'd use doing that, though. Last time I drove like that, one of my coworkers swore she'd never ride with me again...

Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie
    Can't afford gas simple solution don't own a car.
    Tried that... hated it... LOL

RE: Walking. I used to walk the five or six kilometers between my former girlfriend's house (now my wife) and UP Diliman... from our college building all the way to Araneta Center and then to her house. Took me something like 1 and a half hours, because of the damn traffic, dodging jeeps and tricycles, and watching my ass through the (former) squatter colony that used to straddle what's now a nice bridgeway between Kamias and Aurora (I suspect the fire was a government plot... hehe). I loved walking in high school, too (De La Salle Zobel, from the school to the gate of Ayala Alabang, 2 km every afternoon... after track practice, too).

I'm not sure how good it was for my health, though.

Most places in the metro are not conducive to walking, unlike Makati. Ever try walking from, say, EDSA to Katipunan along Aurora? You have to dodge street signs implanted in the middle of the sidewalk, vendors, prostitutes, beggars, prostitutes (did I say that already?) and the occassional jeep parked on the curb. Not to mention the smoke. If all our sidewalks looked like the ones in Marikina... a lot more people would be walking.

My problem is, as a probinsyano, that I'm used to taking the car wherever I go, merely because the shortest trip I take is over a dozen kilometers, and it'd be murder to tote my baby, her stroller and all her bags that far on a bike.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Walking/cycling/public transport/ rent a car(for major distance traveling) every little bit helps. plus think of the less whining/bitching, like holy crap have you seen the price of gas, holy shiiiiiiiit my car only gets so and so mileage and damn it I'd better ease up on the gas so I can still show off on the weekend blah blah blah blah.......
    Last edited by GasJunkie; July 21st, 2006 at 07:54 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Hey, I can still do it in three hours... don't ask how much gas I'd use doing that, though. Last time I drove like that, one of my coworkers swore she'd never ride with me again...
    :whoa: That's an average of 90 kph all the way to Baguio... Hmmmmm. Li'l bit curious here, what specific time and car you used. Might get a hint next time.
    All I know is even odd hours it's too difficult to rake through the traffic jam on those major towns with all those pesky "king of the road" tricycles and jeepneys.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's got to be three or four in the morning, gives you the best average speeds... can't do it in the current car, though, because my tires are too thin to ride the shoulders in Tarlac when we hit traffic.

Learned of the "three hour trip" from a University of Baguio driver when I convoyed with him. It's not a nice way to drive, though...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios
    Another style we practice abroad was to drive towards the nearest train station and park there. We ride the fast train, then we walk a couple of blocks to where we work. We reverse the process in going home. We do this to eliminate as much hassle as we can while still enjoying a comfortable ride. Of course we also faced the same dilemma like parking, cancelled train sched, weather, etc. but we managed. Medyo sanay lang tayo sa convenience dito. I know I am.
    sama mo na ang siksikan lalo na sa LRT-1 and mga madurukot. wala ka ng lugaran. commute ka, tipid pero mahoholdap. dala ka kotse, kumportable ka kaso mahal ang gas. malas mo pa kapag na-car-jack. wala na. disiplina na lang sana ang pag-asa kaso mukhang napaka-labo na.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrusblutrooper
    Naaala ko tuloy noong 1992(not sure) presidential election si Osmena ata yung may sabi na kailangan de-centralized ang pilipinas ibig sabihin eh di lang metro manila ang dapat major hub ng pilipinas...parang tama siya ngayon. bakit ba nag ka-crowd dyan sa manila. pwedeng pwede naman itayo sa mga probinsya ang mga offices and businesses...
    Because the infrastructure isn't there to decentralize, such as roads, phone systems, rail system, electricty, etc. The government would have to fix the major highways going to these areas first so that there can be a reliable way to bring supplies and products, develop the rail system so not everything is trucked in, develop the ports to allow more efficient shipping through water. Electricity to the areas also need to be reliable and available to encourage business to move there, telecom service also needs to be upgraded. As it is now the 25% of the population of the Philippines lives within the Metro Manila area, that's 15-20 million people packed like sardines. The Subic area would be a great place for manufacturing to move because of the port there. But are the other things available also to encourage companies to move their operation. Can they manufacture in Subic and ship local goods to Manila though rail or trucks w/o delay?
    Business will not move to the other areas if it will cost them more to move and operate there. Most will take the initial expenses for moving but they have to be able to operate reliably and efficiently after moving to cover the cost of moving. So until the infrastructure is fixed most companies will crowd itself in the metro.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I used to ride a bike lang from home to work and vice versa nun wala pako sasakyan. sobrang tipid. I only spend a few peso for my merienda. pero ngayon meron na ako parking slot baka i'll go back na ulit sa bike and save thousands of pesos hehhe.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kaya masarap tumira sa Fort.. tapos work mo sa Net 1 or Net 2 lang.. di na kailangan mag car.. lakad lakad na lang.. kung kailangan mag car papuntang Market Market.. walang trapik!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Do the math, driving in Manila is horrendous for fuel economy hehe.