New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most new under 2.0 cars in the US get around the 28mpg city mark, that's around under 11KM/Liter... 1.6 cars like the Mazda 3 or Altis get an average of 13km/li while a 3.0 liter Japanese car like the Camry gets 20-25MPG city or around 8.5KM/Li...

Samantalang satin 1.3 liter cars like Vios only gets 13-15km/li, 1.6 cars gets around 9-11km/li and 2.0 cars get under 7km/li hehe...

Wala lang, laking bagay traffic talaga dito.

Kakainggit mga Euro diesel na small car like a Lupo that can do a real-world 28-30km/li city hehe.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    oo nga if they fix them damn streets and the traffic... we could all drive V8s na sana hayyy but noooo they want a simpler solution and that is to drive small displacement compacts feeling europe... tssssssss

combination of a lot of things >> abusive PUVs, incompetent traffic officers, abusive private vehicles, incompetent local government officials.

just the other day sa U.N. Ave. sa kalsada mismo nag flag ceremony, WTF???

Pag nag party si Mayor L.A. sinasara ang part ng Roxas Blvd. FTW???

Street vendors and damn pedicab drivers, jeepneys and sometimes Kalesa convoys in Binondo/Sta Cruz.

Pedicabs in major highways

and the list goes on...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yan ang hirap sa atin, marami ng dagdag na sasakyan... tapos ang problema wala naman additional roads. Tignan mo na lang yung papuntang North... dati nung early 80's yung Baguio kuha ng 4 hours, ngayon mabilis ka na pag nakuha mo ng 5-6 hours... gaano kadami ang petrol na dagdag dito. Haaaayyyy...
    Last edited by Gumusut_Amige; July 19th, 2006 at 09:08 PM.

talaga..totoo yan matakaw sa fuel ang manila traffic, pati na din sa wear and tear....

kaya i use my 2c-t liteace for city, coding/reliever na lang ang maxima....mapagawa na nga aircon ng liteace...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    yeah, taga-la union kami. i can still remember going to la union and baguio noong bata pa ako. kayang kaya ang baguio in 4 hrs. pag madaling-araw, even less. ngayon parang minimum ang 5 hours

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    yes, i agree. that is why when you are driving in manila, it's like having your throat slit. unless, you adapt something, like - driving in an eco-run style, leaving the house early and staying out late to avoid traffic.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Dapat talaga eto ang implement sa Metro Manila e... simple lang na rule...

PAG MAY MRT/LRT line na, wala ng Jeepneys at buses. Taxis lang at private cars.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle618
    we could all drive V8s na sana hayyy
    But is there even a real need to drive V8s at this point?

America is now learning that their gas-guzzling V8 vehicles and above just won't cut it at this time of high oil prices. Those that are gaining attention over there are those under the 3,000 cc displacement or lower.

Considering that crude oil could breach past $80, I don't think V8 engines may not be a wise option (except for those elite who make more than a million a month)

V6 engines are more than enough for me (save of course that there are certain features missing, then that's the ONLY time I go up in engine displacement in order to get the goodies).

Although I do admit that roads need improvement. Special mention to those in San Juan and in Caloocan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isa lang naman ang main source ng mga problem sa Pinas, from prostitution, pollution, and fuel consumption...

[SIZE=10]poverty[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Do the math, driving in Manila is horrendous for fuel economy hehe.