New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    Nakakalungkot at nakakainis yung bare interiors/features ng Tucson na GL.

It's making me re-think my decision pero wala naman akong mahanap na kapalit. I don't want to be forced into buying the BRV but mukhang no choice (
    BRV is smart choice.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No stock Rav4. Cant even see a sample unit.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Wala na pumapansin sa rav4

Pinakamatino yung 1st gen mid 1990s pa.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Wala na pumapansin sa rav4

Pinakamatino yung 1st gen mid 1990s pa.
    Di pansinin RAV4 kasi sa presyo nya you get much better packages with a Forester, CX5, or CRV. Even the Korean twins (Sportage & Tucson) offer a bit more. Yung TOTL RAV4 is priced at 2M+ which is 200k+ more than the more capable Forester XT or CX5 AWD. I think the base trim RAV4 is a good bargain like the Xtrail FWD and CX5 Maxx but the stocks are so limited.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    No one's buying ... so dealer's are not stocking ...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    These old 90s icons are a dying breed RAV4, CRV, Corolla, Civic, Lancer.
    Parang sa pangalan na lang kumbakit binebenta pa ng mas mahal.

If you are a millennial who did not even witness the successes of these brands some 10-20 years ago, you would wonder why they are being sold higher eh size lang naman pinagkaiba sa vios, city, hrv, ecosport, mirage.

Given that trick of the mind, i doubt if you will even consider puuting these car models in your list anymore,

Sent from my Macbook 12"

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Same thing with the Escape Ecoboost. Despite its success in North America, it's a bleak story locally. FordPH had to offer the models at a sizable discount (up to 450k) just to clear the local inventory. However, that move ate up a portion of the local sales of the Focus Ecoboost as they were priced about the same already with the discount on the Escape.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Sa america may kasabihan once you go black, youll never go back.

Dito sa Pnas, once you go diesel, why buy a gas vehicle anymore,

I think the cars on the roads today are predominantly diesel with trucksm pickups, vans, auvs, ppvs.

Early in this decade, used diesel cars have higher resale value, now used crosswinds, adventures are in the 200k price, while vans and pickups are in the 400k-500k range. A previous gen everest has like 350k on the used market, and that's crdi.

For me, to venture into a gasoline car, lalo na yun malaki kaha is just throwing your hard earned money . How long do you save for a car. 5 years, 7 years. Then 3 years lang if you buy a gasoline big car, wala ng halaga pinag-ipunan mo.

In case you wonder, why make still make 'em? Civics, crvs, rav4, mazda3s etc. simple answer: it's for the American market. Gasoline is cheaper there than diesel.

Why do car manufacturers here still force to sell to us? Honestlym i dont know. The likes of Mazda, Subaru are like living in a different dimension. Wala yata market study eto mga to.

The rav4 having no stock means that Toyota is aware that it's not going to sell in quantity.

Sent from my Macbook 12"

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    These old 90s icons are a dying breed RAV4, CRV, Corolla, Civic, Lancer.
    Parang sa pangalan na lang kumbakit binebenta pa ng mas mahal.

If you are a millennial who did not even witness the successes of these brands some 10-20 years ago, you would wonder why they are being sold higher eh size lang naman pinagkaiba sa vios, city, hrv, ecosport, mirage.

Given that trick of the mind, i doubt if you will even consider puuting these car models in your list anymore,

Sent from my Macbook 12"
    A Corolla Altis or Civic are much better fitted than a Vios or City. The same way a CRV/Escape is over an HRV/BRV/Ecosport. Please take note that the ASEAN market is a small one compared to North America where the small cars don't get much sales compared to compacts, CUVs, and midsize cars.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A Corolla Altis or Civic are much better fitted than a Vios or City. The same way a CRV/Escape is over an HRV/BRV/Ecosport. Please take note that the ASEAN market is a small one compared to North America where the small cars don't get much sales compared to compacts, CUVs, and midsize cars.
    We have better cars now here than the americans. The PPV lineup is something that they dont have. The Fil-Ams would be envious if they know how advanced our PPVS now are.
    And considering the Situation in the Philippines, stop and go traffic. And these PPVs are able to hold up, we can say that we now have the most dursble cars,

So those cars that they still consdier good for America, we Filipinos dont care anymore, it's like buying brands like Texas Instruments, radioshack, blacberry, na meron naman mas murang counterpart dito and still reliable,

Sent from my Macbook 12"

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast