New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yep. The most expensive car is the one you didn't want but came home with anyway. Good resale will only benefit you at selling time. A car you really want does wonders for you the moment you drive it home until you sell it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I"m too kuripot not to care about resale. Defeats the point of being very meticulous about my investments then suddenly not care that a car will sell for more than 100k less than my other options.

But then again, thats because I don't keep my cars very long. If you keep your car for more than 5 years, the prices sort of even out and the difference is more or less around 50-100k only.

It's not a dealbreaker, but if there are people who base their decisions on whether the car has rear drums or discs, I think resale value is also a worthy consideration.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I agree resale is important too bro, but to me it ranks a bit lower than other factors. When we got our GS we knew it was going to sell for a lot less than an SG come reselling time. Despite having the same acquisition cost. But the better comfort and refinement it has provided us through the years to me is worth the hit in residuals.

Would be great if the car we liked out of the choices also happened to have the best resale value. I think I read somewhere that in Indonesia, there was a time when the (older) Innova didn't depreciate in value. How awesome is that?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I will take the rav4.
    Basing from my experience it is more spacious than the Tucson, legroom and headroom.
    Resale value is better than the petrol tucson. 2014 model still sells as high as 800k-990k

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I will take the rav4.
    Basing from my experience it is more spacious than the Tucson, legroom and headroom.
    Resale value is better than the petrol tucson. 2014 model still sells as high as 800k-990k
    Posted 800-900k, but I doubt it sells quickly. For slow-moving cars, usually a tawad of 100k or more is common.

I bet a diesel Tucson will sell quicker because it's usually cheaper and is a diesel.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    put yourself in 2nd hand buyer shoes, if he has like half-a-million to 3 quarter a million budget, I'm sure he'll look first in the reliable brands then the fuel economy. Diesel will always be fuel - efficient whether it's brand new or used. usually a difference of like 1-2km/liter drop . but a gasoline, so many factors that it will drop the FC rating from brand new to used.

I have seen many Kia sedans sold in the 2nd hand market that has 4km/liter. grabe kawawa used buyer. that can happen too sa mga CUVs.

For me, if one is to buy brand new these days: he should limit his choices on the ff: if he cares for resale value (btw, resale value also includes demand of the unit. meron dyan trailblazer medyo mataas resale value at 900k, the thing is may demand ba?)

- Wigo / Mirage HB / Eon HBs
    - Vios / City / Mirage Sedan / Accent Diesel
    - Ecosport / BRV
    - Innova / Adventure Diesel
    - Fort / Montero / MUX / Everest
    - Hilux / Ranger / Dmax
    - Pajero / Land Cruiser
    - Hi-Ace Commuter / Nissan Urvan
    - L300FB
    - and some specials like FJ Cruiser / T86

if I"m gonna buy today, I'd choose any one of the above by category kung ano hanap ko .

The L300FB/ Hi-Ace Commuter / Nissan Urvan/ Adventure / Pickups - those definitely will be bought by enterprising used buyers for business / workhourse use
    Pajero / LC / FJ Cruiser / T86 - well if we are to profile these buyers - budget conscious spoiled Rich kids brats / high level networking peeps, and some execs looking for a Sunday / show-off vehicle

all others depende na lang sa preference ng used buyer - gas or diesel. suv or sedan. so that's why I believe Ecosport and BRV will be high demand for those who dont like diesels but like suv form factor na matipid. anything bigger body than that sigurado gas guzzler lalo na kung luma na.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    oh btw, I forgot Avanza. it should be in the row of Ecosport and BRV

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nakakalungkot at nakakainis yung bare interiors/features ng Tucson na GL.

It's making me re-think my decision pero wala naman akong mahanap na kapalit. I don't want to be forced into buying the BRV but mukhang no choice (

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ Why settle with a BRV when you have a lot of options? You just need to broaden your view on vehicles.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    Nakakalungkot at nakakainis yung bare interiors/features ng Tucson na GL.
    If I may.

You can always opt to the pre-owned market for a diesel 4x4 Tucson. The last models of the previous gen Tucson are well optioned.

I have a 2014 Diesel 4x4, and so far I'm happy with it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast