New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    I used to like the XV before but realized it's too low and too small. And if I'm not mistaken, wala ding resale value ang Subaru dito sa atin.

Ecosport was an option but again, even smaller than the XV. Too cramped inside specially sa likod. Most of the time ako lang gagamit pero pag weekends malamang family na.

Kung lahat ng compact SUV wala naman palang resale value then I'll just take this out of the equation. Kala ko kasi basta Toyota maganda ang value regardless of model. This is the only reason I was considering the RAV4 dahil hindi ko naman talaga gusto yung design niya.

As for gas/diesel expense, maybe I will re-think about the diesel variant of the Tucson. Mas mataas ba ang mileage pag diesel? May nabasa ako dati parang mas mataas ang gastos sa maintenance ng diesel compared sa gas? Nasa 7KM/lit ako ngayon sa 2008 Altis ko.

Being "young" and this being my first real car, I don't want to drive something I was forced to buy out of sheer practicality. Kasi kung practicality lang rin, shempre Fortuner or Montero Sport nalang na halos kapresyo lang ng Tucson Diesel but I dislike them since masyado na malaki. Or the BRV kung mas murang price bracket.

Who knows, maybe I'll win the lotto and I'll get to buy my dream car, the Lexus NX200.... or the Porsche Macan.
    Yes, all crossovers have poor resale value compared to PPVs - very little demand in the used car market compared to a decade ago.

I'm not a fan of the XV because the Forester is a better and bigger car for almost the same price. If you can afford it, go for the XT, but if not, even the base model is pretty feature-packed already.

What do you really want in a car anyway, and what's your budget?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I used to like the XV before but realized it's too low and too small. And if I'm not mistaken, wala ding resale value ang Subaru dito sa atin.

Ecosport was an option but again, even smaller than the XV. Too cramped inside specially sa likod. Most of the time ako lang gagamit pero pag weekends malamang family na.

Kung lahat ng compact SUV wala naman palang resale value then I'll just take this out of the equation. Kala ko kasi basta Toyota maganda ang value regardless of model. This is the only reason I was considering the RAV4 dahil hindi ko naman talaga gusto yung design niya.

As for gas/diesel expense, maybe I will re-think about the diesel variant of the Tucson. Mas mataas ba ang mileage pag diesel? May nabasa ako dati parang mas mataas ang gastos sa maintenance ng diesel compared sa gas? Nasa 7KM/lit ako ngayon sa 2008 Altis ko.

Being "young" and this being my first real car, I don't want to drive something I was forced to buy out of sheer practicality. Kasi kung practicality lang rin, shempre Fortuner or Montero Sport nalang na halos kapresyo lang ng Tucson Diesel but I dislike them since masyado na malaki. Or the BRV kung mas murang price bracket.

Who knows, maybe I'll win the lotto and I'll get to buy my dream car, the Lexus NX200.... or the Porsche Macan.

Oo nga pala brv. Yan pwede malakas demand sa used market in the future.
    I think it's time to wisen up, current crvs, cx5s, rav4s, foresters, xvs, tucsons and sportages are in the average of 1.3M but that's PPV territory pricing also.

So how would one choose get a 1.3M CUV and 3 years later it's priced 500k or lower or get a diesel PPV at 1.3M and get acresale value of 700-900k in 3 years.

Add to that, ang depreciation ng suspension system ng PPV is not much as compared to a CUV coz mas robust and rigid ang PPVs compared to cuvs.

Win-win lahat not to mention the diesel vs. gasoline issue pa. And i think mas may angas naman ang PPV sa kalsada kaysa cuv na mas maliit.

So given all that, a cuv buyer nowadays will buy a cuv for individiuality disregarding all those advantages and ready to accept the disadvantage in the spirit of yun naiiba car mo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nope, not into sports/fast cars.

I almost had a "Christopher Lao" incident with my Altis which is why I am deadset on a CUV. Natry ko na din Montero Sport and Fortuner, too big for me, hassle masyado. Handling is not good din.

BRV, CRV and Forester are too family-oriented in terms of looks. Siguro kung P800k lang yung Ecosport papatulan ko na.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nope, not into sports/fast cars.

I almost had a "Christopher Lao" incident with my Altis which is why I am deadset on a CUV. Natry ko na din Montero Sport and Fortuner, too big for me, hassle masyado. Handling is not good din.

BRV, CRV and Forester are too family-oriented in terms of looks. Siguro kung P800k lang yung Ecosport papatulan ko na.
    CUVs are really meant to be family vehicles. In the US, CUVs have now been starting to cut into the sales of the usual family car, the midsize sedans. They offer a practical approach for small families who need more comfort from a compact, a more rugged exterior over a midsize, and a useful cargo area for luggage.

I guess you better stick with compacts if you don't like a family-oriented vehicle. Or how about an HRV? It's not that small compared to an Ecosport or Juke though it does not offer much in ground clearance compared to CUVs.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Design-wise OK sana HRV kaso yun nga lang sobrang liit tsaka mababa.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Design-wise OK sana HRV kaso yun nga lang sobrang liit tsaka mababa.
    The HRV is based off the Jazz platform but powered by the Civic's 1.8L engine. The HRV offers better interior space compared to the Ecosport (based off the Fiesta), CX3 (based off the Mazda2), and the Juke. However, it is priced about the same as the Subaru XV which is a bit bigger and has a higher ground clearance plus a more powerful engine and a capable AWD system.

You can wait for the Toyota CHR but based off global pricing, it is more expensive than the competition so you'd be better off with a standard CUV. Or maybe wait also for the upcoming Mitsubishi Eclipse crossover.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ch-r is overhyped car that looks good bur has no use in philippine setting unless you value form over function. For me, it's comparable to the anticipation of the upcoming t86 in 2012 pero right now less and less are seen on the roads. Why? Wala naman respect factor eh, maganda lang. Sa side collision lang sa sobrsng baba ng T86 yari ulo mo lalo na kung naka-arb front bumper pa yun PPV or even a jeepney.

That goes the same with Ch-r, ambaba ng ground clearance. Try to search a photo in google with a Ch-r and Juke side by side. Not much difference in height. The Juke btw is like 3 inch higher that a Vios.

So pass ako dyan.

Sent from my Macbook 12"

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sure na ba yung excise tax sa May? If yes then I wont wait beyond that.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Personally i'd get the Tucson lalo if diesel. Hyundai's are not the main problem but rather the dealers. Just connect sa mga fb groups you're good to go.
    A friend of mine who works in T brand told me na talong talo sila sa CRV at lalo sa Tucson dahil sa diesel variants na meron eto.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sure na ba yung excise tax sa May? If yes then I wont wait beyond that.
    Take out the resale value factor and ask yourself what would be your key requirements for the vehicle you want. If you're not buying a Vios or City or Jazz or Innova, then forget about resale value. Civics and Corollas can't compete in resale value compared to the City or Vios. An Innova will have a resale value like the taller PPVs or even better.

Just choose what tickles your fancy and enjoy driving it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast