New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Sa america may kasabihan once you go black, youll never go back.

Dito sa Pnas, once you go diesel, why buy a gas vehicle anymore,

I think the cars on the roads today are predominantly diesel with trucksm pickups, vans, auvs, ppvs.

Early in this decade, used diesel cars have higher resale value, now used crosswinds, adventures are in the 200k price, while vans and pickups are in the 400k-500k range. A previous gen everest has like 350k on the used market, and that's crdi.

For me, to venture into a gasoline car, lalo na yun malaki kaha is just throwing your hard earned money . How long do you save for a car. 5 years, 7 years. Then 3 years lang if you buy a gasoline big car, wala ng halaga pinag-ipunan mo.

In case you wonder, why make still make 'em? Civics, crvs, rav4, mazda3s etc. simple answer: it's for the American market. Gasoline is cheaper there than diesel.

Why do car manufacturers here still force to sell to us? Honestlym i dont know. The likes of Mazda, Subaru are like living in a different dimension. Wala yata market study eto mga to.

The rav4 having no stock means that Toyota is aware that it's not going to sell in quantity.

Sent from my Macbook 12"
    North America is a big market for auto manufacturers. If you can't sell there, you'll surely lose a big chunk of sales. A lot of market study is done in the US and Europe as they drive the automotive market.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I frequent the Ford Groups in the US coz I have the Eddie Bauer. Inggit na inggit sila sa Everest and Ranger. When news of the Ranger that it iwll be brought to America, sobrang excited, take note these people I group with are the hillbillies or red necks of rural countryside mountain America . most of these bunch never heard of the Philippines or Asean before and yet now they envy us for getting the great cars. They're also excited with diesel coz they carry a lot of loads in their work nature,

Sent from my Macbook 12"

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think Tucson nalang talaga but I'll upgrade the entertainment and alarm system.

Now the big question is gas or diesel. Different people have given different opinions. Lalo tuloy ako naguguluhan.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think Tucson nalang talaga but I'll upgrade the entertainment and alarm system.

Now the big question is gas or diesel. Different people have given different opinions. Lalo tuloy ako naguguluhan.

Next question will be dealer. Shaw, Quezon Ave and Wheels E Rod are the closest to me but Wheels pinakamalapit.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post

Go with the diesels if choosing Korean. If petrol, I'd go with other CUVs like Forester, CX5, or Xtrail.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014

I have the Santa Fe diesel. I'll only buy a Hyundai if it's diesel. It's 8-9km / L Fzc city, I only use Shell Helix HX7 regular diesel oil. So cheap to maintain.

I spend like 2000 / year on PMS,

You'll never go wrong with a Hyundai crdi. Expertise nila, my only beef with the Tucson today. It's dated design, no touchscreen, no sensors, not even electronic seats, for the same price, I can a MUx 3.0 or Montero GLS Premium.

And being an owner of a 11-year okd Santa Fe, mahina ang pang-ilalim ng SF why coz it's a crossover so soft ssuspension evwn though it uses the same multilink system at the back like the PPVS.

Pero mura lang hyundai suspension parts, for 10k back to new na ang feel ng suspension.

Sent from my Macbook 12"

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Also go for Wheels E. rod, they give great deals maybe bec of their proximity sa Banawe and also because there are like 4 shops there, Kia, Suzuki, Peugeot, Hyundai. Dikit dikit sila as in you can go to next bldg with just a glass door. Maybe that's why the sales agents there are very competitive.

Sent from my Macbook 12"

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    May nabibili bang leather seat covers?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    May nabibili bang leather seat covers?
    There are a lot of shops who can make some custom leather seat covers. Just do a web search on the nearest one to your place.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010

Next question will be dealer. Shaw, Quezon Ave and Wheels E Rod are the closest to me but Wheels pinakamalapit.
    Gas engines with 2.0L displacement or above are not advisable as they are not efficient. Go for diesel if the engine is 2.0 or higher.

That being said, the only gas engine SUV/CUV recommended are the BRV, HRV, Ecosport, Avanza etc. Personally im doing around 9km/l with my BRV.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tsikot Forums mobile app