New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Can the second row of the Rav4 be reclined?

Pros of the Tucson is the more spacious second row. Pros of the Rav4 is resale value and better entertainment system.

Price difference is about 200k at most but this can easily be offset when the vehicle is resold. Personally Tucson talaga gusto ko pero I'm worried with the aftersales and overall car durability versus a Toyota.

This is a debate between what I want and what is more practical in the real world kahit mas mataas rating ng Tucson sa US.

No more CX5 since hindi reclinable yung second row seats plus it's more expensive.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Rav4 has no resale value. The only remaining gasoline Toyota car that has resale value is the Vios, check fB groups. Matabang na din ang used market sa corolla. Camey nga buy 1 take 1 sa fb groups.

The only CUV with higher resale value in the market is the CRV.

So given this and the ugliness of the Current Rav4. Get The Tucson. But not the gasoline but the diesel Tucson.

diesel are the only cars that keeps HARI affloat nowadays, Accent Diesel and Starex. Filipino buyers are now smart these days probably because we are progressive.

In FB groups, the old hyundai diesels have more value than the RAv4 like the Santa fe, tucson Crdi. Even the used accent crdi have higher appraisals than the gas guzzling Rav4

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    wait for the possibly diesel crv...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What budget are we looking at around here? CUVs, whatever brand it is, have low resale value. It is much like a midsize car. If you intend to sell it in the future, be ready to take a hit.

Since you considered a Tucson, you might as well check its twin, the Kia Sportage. Why not a Forester or CRV or Xtrail? The Forester, even in its base trim is loaded with features, high ground clearance, and comes standard with AWD (unlike other brands in which you pay a premium to get the AWD model).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    This will be my first car if ever kaya gusto ko talaga yung design na type ko. Was supposed to wait for the CHR kaso magkakaroon na ng excise tax and the interior seems cramped. Hindi ko type design ng CRV, Sportage, Forester and Xtrail.

I plan to get the gas variant. Nacompute ko average savings ng diesel parang halos parehas lang? Parang hindi na rin practical mag Hyundai kung presyo ng diesel variant yung paguusapan.

Tumibay na ba ang mga Hyundai? Notorious kasi masyado quality nila. Hindi daw bagay sa Philippines mga car nila.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^Exterior looks is just part of a vehicle's design so you need to dig deeper into other things that make up the whole package. It's best to keep your options open and test drive your choices.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob View Post
    This will be my first car if ever kaya gusto ko talaga yung design na type ko. Was supposed to wait for the CHR kaso magkakaroon na ng excise tax and the interior seems cramped. Hindi ko type design ng CRV, Sportage, Forester and Xtrail.

I plan to get the gas variant. Nacompute ko average savings ng diesel parang halos parehas lang? Parang hindi na rin practical mag Hyundai kung presyo ng diesel variant yung paguusapan.

Tumibay na ba ang mga Hyundai? Notorious kasi masyado quality nila. Hindi daw bagay sa Philippines mga car nila.
    Payo ko lang if you will buy gasoline cuvs, ecosport na lang. Gasoline is now at P45 per liter. And the dollar is going up. The possibiluty of breaching thr P50 / liter price is looming.

Rav4 is bot really a popular car in the philippines, para ka na din bumili ng ng camry or mz6 dyan. More than half kagad ang valhe ng bagsak nyan the minute yoh buy it from Toyota.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Subaru is offering 200k discount on XV models. Maybe you can give it a look. The XV offers a good package compared to other small crossovers (Ecosport, HRV, CX3, Juke).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I used to like the XV before but realized it's too low and too small. And if I'm not mistaken, wala ding resale value ang Subaru dito sa atin.

Ecosport was an option but again, even smaller than the XV. Too cramped inside specially sa likod. Most of the time ako lang gagamit pero pag weekends malamang family na.

Kung lahat ng compact SUV wala naman palang resale value then I'll just take this out of the equation. Kala ko kasi basta Toyota maganda ang value regardless of model. This is the only reason I was considering the RAV4 dahil hindi ko naman talaga gusto yung design niya.

As for gas/diesel expense, maybe I will re-think about the diesel variant of the Tucson. Mas mataas ba ang mileage pag diesel? May nabasa ako dati parang mas mataas ang gastos sa maintenance ng diesel compared sa gas? Nasa 7KM/lit ako ngayon sa 2008 Altis ko.

Being "young" and this being my first real car, I don't want to drive something I was forced to buy out of sheer practicality. Kasi kung practicality lang rin, shempre Fortuner or Montero Sport nalang na halos kapresyo lang ng Tucson Diesel but I dislike them since masyado na malaki. Or the BRV kung mas murang price bracket.

Who knows, maybe I'll win the lotto and I'll get to buy my dream car, the Lexus NX200.... or the Porsche Macan.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^ The Subaru XV is smaller than the standard CUVs but it offers a higher ground clearance compared to the RAV4 and CRV. The XV has a ground clearance similar to the Forester and CX5, more than 8 inches. The CRV and RAV only offer a tad over 6 inches of ground clearance.

Do you want something like the Lexus NX200T or Macan for a lot less money but still packs some serious performance? Something even more practical with a big cargo space and can seat 5 people comfortably. The Forester XT comes with a potent 2.0L turbo engine which is within the power/torque output of the NX200t and Macan 2.0L Turbo.

Since you are still "young", why consider a CUV? Why not opt for a TOTL compact? Like the Civic Turbo or Focus Turbo or Mazda3. They can still seat 5 and has a decent trunk to carry some stuff plus some driving fun. If I'm still young and I have some money to spend for a car, I'd get a Subaru WRX - serious performance, lots of driving fun, loaded with lots of features, seating for 5, and usable trunk

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast