New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ yeah. walang masyadong choices ang adventure e. kaya nakakagulat na malaki pa rin sales nila. hehe. innova talaga top sa competition

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    try mo jeep grand cherokee

- - - Updated - - -

try mo jeep grand cherokee

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OT

Meron na ba nakatry ng Prado 4.0 gas?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Kung naisip lang ng Toyota na gumawa ng Avanza na A/T with Diesel Engines, it would be on top of my list
    under Category 2. For my daughter sana. Sabi nga niya, cute like a little sister of Innova and very comfortable
    to drive nga naman kasi A/T. And just a little more space (than a car) to carry all her school stuffs, and "barkadas"
    on weekend "gimiks".

But for electro578 (TS???), sa Innova rin ako. It has all the fuel (Gas and Diesel) and transmission (A/T and
    M/T) choices. And based on experiences, Innova is a sure winner...

p.s. What is "TS"? Sorry absent siguro ako nung itinuro ni titser.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverspitz View Post
    Sorry, mali nasulat ko, here is a better list of options for TS
    Category 1
    7-seater SUV Diesel M/T = Montero, Fortuner & Alterra
    7-seater SUV Diesel A/T = Montero, Fortuner & Santa Fe

Category 2
    7-seater MPV/AUV Gas M/T = Innova, Adventure
    7-seater MPV/AUV Gas A/T = Innova, Adventure, Grandis, Fuzion
    7-seater MPV/AUV Diesel M/T and A/T = Innova, Adventure, Crosswind

Category 3
    5-seater Crossover Gas M/T = Tucson
    5-seater Crossover Gas A/T = Tucson, ASX, Rav4, CRV, Xtrail, Forester
    5-seater Crossover Diesel A/T = Tucson, Sorento

I suppose that the 7-seater requirement is non-negotiable, I know how it feels in buying a family car and how mobile real-estate is critical. If not, get a Crossover any day (category 3), it gets the best of space, comfort, ground clearance and performance, at the expense of seating capacity. Get A/T for more choices in this category.

Once decided on the 7-seater requirement as non-negotiable, then choose if you would go for an SUV (category 1) or settle with an MPV/AUV (category 2) for more practicality.

For category 1, get a diesel, it's fuel efficient and it's maintenance friendly, don't worry, since this is no longer the usual "low end diesel" engines that has repair headaches and emission issues. Modern engines are way better. Get A/T for driving convenience and higher resale value, but get M/T for practicality (need quick acceleration at times, or easy low battery starts) or if you are a die hard manual user like me. Get this category as long as your budget permits. This is the best category in terms of vehicle performance and prestige.

For category 2, get this if you have limited budget, or you really really want a Gas M/T combo like me, or both. Only this category has gas efficient variants, regardless of A/T or M/T. Innova wins hands down in this category, it has the best combination of price, performance, comfort, space, ground clearance, cost of parts, maintenance and after sales service. This is the best category in terms of practicality and price.

Hope this helps =)

^
    Innova under Category 2...
    Sorry. Should have been "Reply With Quote".

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    TS = Thread Starter

Regarding resale value, I have been observing that M/T's actually have a higher resale value than A/T's.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by joemarski View Post
    Kung naisip lang ng Toyota na gumawa ng Avanza na A/T with Diesel Engines, it would be on top of my list
    under Category 2. For my daughter sana. Sabi nga niya, cute like a little sister of Innova and very comfortable
    to drive nga naman kasi A/T. And just a little more space (than a car) to carry all her school stuffs, and "barkadas"
    on weekend "gimiks".

But for electro578 (TS???), sa Innova rin ako. It has all the fuel (Gas and Diesel) and transmission (A/T and
    M/T) choices. And based on experiences, Innova is a sure winner...

p.s. What is "TS"? Sorry absent siguro ako nung itinuro ni titser.

The AT gas Adventure was discontinued to gave way to the Fuzion. Incidentally, sales are not noteworthy. Only the 2.0 Innova is able to provide a sales niche. The Grand Livina is also suffering from dismal sales.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Need help on 7 seater suv w/gasoline engine and manual transmission