New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ well said mas sulit ang diesel. lalo na diesel M/T.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by electro578 View Post
    Thanks dct. Innova nga yata ang pasok sa criteria ko, kaso lang hindi ko gusto ang porma nya, I prefer monty or fortuner type of body.
    well as for them wala talaga. as silverspitz explained, walang masyadong market for that.

pwede rin avanza kung gusto mo

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Kung ayaw niya looks ng Innova, malamang mas ayaw niya avanza.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah~ Hindi naman ganon katindi ang maintenance ng diesel. Change oil every 5000kms, oil filter and air filter every so often... Mas madami lang ang motor oil na bibilhin mo. Remember that big gas engines give poor gas mileage. Whatever you save on cheaper maintenance every few months you lose even more on gas bills every week or so.

The most efficient would still be a diesel M/T. These are very low maintenance, and give good gas mileage. If you don't mind the looks, I'd suggest the base model Alterra 4x2 M/T. Despite the 3.0L displacement, napakatipid nito at malakas din humatak.
    Yup, get a good oil filter and fuel filter and you can easily extend oil change interval to 10,000kms with a good oil and 20,000kms for the fuel filter. The bosch oil filter for the MS & Fort is actually easy to source out. If you have relatives in the states that send balikbayan boxes every Dec, you can even get the better Baldwin and Fleetguard oil filters.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; September 21st, 2012 at 07:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ pinaparami ko lang options nya. malay natin, facelifted naman. hahaha :D

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    either mag diesel ka na lang.. or mag gas na automatic.. if budget is not a problem.. and if i were in your shoes.. i will be looking at the Kia Sorento EX 2WD at 1.7M.. kasawa na yung sta. fe, fortuner at montero sa kalsada eh..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    merun gas na suv na 7 seater yung mga gen 2 model ng Cr-V kaya lang 2nd hand lang at bihira ata M/t nito , AFAIK wala na atang m/T na new model ng Cr-V :sweat:

ok din naman mga Diesel parang Gas narin naman manakbo lalo na kung Manual
    Last edited by jrn29; September 21st, 2012 at 08:14 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    yung mga CRDI diesel ngayon parang gas na din naman ang takbo nila.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Adventure and Innova lang yan.

Yung RAV4 ba, 5 seater lang?

Sportage nalang na entry level, tapos monoblock chairs nalang sa likod. :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^ diesel engine ang adventure e

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah~ Hindi naman ganon katindi ang maintenance ng diesel. Change oil every 5000kms, oil filter and air filter every so often... Mas madami lang ang motor oil na bibilhin mo. Remember that big gas engines give poor gas mileage. Whatever you save on cheaper maintenance every few months you lose even more on gas bills every week or so.

The most efficient would still be a diesel M/T. These are very low maintenance, and give good gas mileage. If you don't mind the looks, I'd suggest the base model Alterra 4x2 M/T. Despite the 3.0L displacement, napakatipid nito at malakas din humatak.
    Hi GTi, I got my parents an 2011 Isuzu Alterra base model last year 4x2 M/T, and it is really worth it. We chose it for the same practical reasons:

1. Easy and less costly maintenance
    2. High fuel economy
    3. Abundant space (I'm 6 feet tall but I can sit comfortable on any of the 3 rows without adjusting)

Only disadvantages so which we didn't really mind
    1. Low horse power on paper compared to other turbo diesel engines
    2. Old school rugged look (I kinda like its macho stance personally)
    3. A bit more expensive than competition

My parents are not too knowledgeable about cars and I'm not always with them all the time to drive and maintain their SUV, and they usually hire a part-time driver to take them around. That's why I chose what for me is the best low-maintenance SUV that doesn't need too much attention as long as casa maintained even if not owner-driven. D-max and Alterra users online are also confident with Isuzu engine durability.

Given that, I expect it to excel in the durability and maintenance category but expect other aspects compromised. But after driving it for a number of times when no driver is available, I was very satisfied. I was initially doubt, but have grown to like it. Even if performance was not great on paper, but in actual, it really dashes especially in 3rd gear, and climbs with ease even if fully loaded. It also came with some luxuries in the interior, and well dressed in the outside from the factory. It also has a ridiculously high fuel efficiency.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Need help on 7 seater suv w/gasoline engine and manual transmission