New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I'm looking for a brandnew 7-seater suv with gasoline engine and manual transmission for my first car. Can somebody recommend one? TIA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Check the coming New Chevy TrailBlazer.. or Sta Fe. Just don't sure if with MT on these two...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    or the new Carens next year

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wala atang gasoline 7 seater SUV with manual tranny... Yung Sorento may base model na gas M/T pero 5 seater lang. Yung bagong Santa Fe may manual option pero diesel lang. Montero at Fortuner parehong may gas variants pero matic lang...

Ayaw mo ba ng diesel?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    innova. pasok sa 7 seater, gas engine, MT

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Wala atang gasoline 7 seater SUV with manual tranny... Yung Sorento may base model na gas M/T pero 5 seater lang. Yung bagong Santa Fe may manual option pero diesel lang. Montero at Fortuner parehong may gas variants pero matic lang...

Ayaw mo ba ng diesel?

Thanks GTi. Mas gusto ko gasoline for ease & cost of maintenance. Sayang nga ang monty may gas sana kaso a/t.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasVN View Post
    Check the coming New Chevy TrailBlazer.. or Sta Fe. Just don't sure if with MT on these two...
    Thanks LucasVN. I already checked the Trailblazer wala yatang gasoline engine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    innova. pasok sa 7 seater, gas engine, MT

Thanks dct. Innova nga yata ang pasok sa criteria ko, kaso lang hindi ko gusto ang porma nya, I prefer monty or fortuner type of body.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi Sir, I just want to share my opinion.

Gas engines in my opinion are, yes low maintenance, but is more suitable for vehicles of small to mid-range size (i.e. sedans, crossovers, and mid size MPVs). Since SUVs with 7 seating capacity will definitely fall under the large vehicle category, so they are commonly equipped with diesel for efficiency.

Running gas for large vehicles are ridiculously expensive, gas mileage is low, thus these vehicle among the limited few of its kind, like the Gas SUV variants like Fortuners and Monteros, are for those rich dudes who just wants convenience and comfort of a gas engine, the prestige of an SUV and a size for family use, and these people almost always also look for A/T given their needs.

That's why the manufacturers' line-up are configured to also serve this target market. The 7-seater family size SUV using a costly gas engine with practical manual transmission is a very rare market, given the bit of irony.

Indeed, Gas M/T MPVs like Toyota Innova will fit your criteria, since the size/body/form factor somehow still fits the gas engine efficiency load range. From your criteria, you seem to be more of a practical person, particular to costs and convenience, so even if there will be a 7-seater Gas M/T SUV someday, I don't suggest you get one. I also do not suggest the 7-seater Gas A/T.

We both have the same personal criteria. That's why I use a Toyota Revo Gas M/T 10-seating capacity and I've been using it for 8 years now, I just regret not doing enough research before that this vehicle is also thirsty for gas as hell like the old CRV. So when my parents wished to get a car, for family use, SUV form factor, and M/T practicality, I got an Isuzu Alterra for them. Don't worry, modern diesel engine are more maintenance friendly, and I envy their fuel efficiency of that being same as a Toyota Altis.

So, I suggest any of these 3 options:

1. Get a 7-seater MPV Gas M/T (Innova, Adventure, etc..)
    2. Get a 5-seater crossover Gas M/T (Tucson, ASX, etc..)
    3. Get a 7-seater SUV Diesel M/T (Montero, Sorento, etc..)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by electro578 View Post
    Thanks GTi. Mas gusto ko gasoline for ease & cost of maintenance. Sayang nga ang monty may gas sana kaso a/t.
    Ah~ Hindi naman ganon katindi ang maintenance ng diesel. Change oil every 5000kms, oil filter and air filter every so often... Mas madami lang ang motor oil na bibilhin mo. Remember that big gas engines give poor gas mileage. Whatever you save on cheaper maintenance every few months you lose even more on gas bills every week or so.

The most efficient would still be a diesel M/T. These are very low maintenance, and give good gas mileage. If you don't mind the looks, I'd suggest the base model Alterra 4x2 M/T. Despite the 3.0L displacement, napakatipid nito at malakas din humatak.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Need help on 7 seater suv w/gasoline engine and manual transmission