1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Manual ang Explorer?
    Walang Explorer na manual

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverspitz View Post
    Hi Sir, I just want to share my opinion.

Gas engines in my opinion are, yes low maintenance, but is more suitable for vehicles of small to mid-range size (i.e. sedans, crossovers, and mid size MPVs). Since SUVs with 7 seating capacity will definitely fall under the large vehicle category, so they are commonly equipped with diesel for efficiency.

Running gas for large vehicles are ridiculously expensive, gas mileage is low, thus these vehicle among the limited few of its kind, like the Gas SUV variants like Fortuners and Monteros, are for those rich dudes who just wants convenience and comfort of a gas engine, the prestige of an SUV and a size for family use, and these people almost always also look for A/T given their needs.

That's why the manufacturers' line-up are configured to also serve this target market. The 7-seater family size SUV using a costly gas engine with practical manual transmission is a very rare market, given the bit of irony.

Indeed, Gas M/T MPVs like Toyota Innova will fit your criteria, since the size/body/form factor somehow still fits the gas engine efficiency load range. From your criteria, you seem to be more of a practical person, particular to costs and convenience, so even if there will be a 7-seater Gas M/T SUV someday, I don't suggest you get one. I also do not suggest the 7-seater Gas A/T.

We both have the same personal criteria. That's why I use a Toyota Revo Gas M/T 10-seating capacity and I've been using it for 8 years now, I just regret not doing enough research before that this vehicle is also thirsty for gas as hell like the old CRV. So when my parents wished to get a car, for family use, SUV form factor, and M/T practicality, I got an Isuzu Alterra for them. Don't worry, modern diesel engine are more maintenance friendly, and I envy their fuel efficiency of that being same as a Toyota Altis.

So, I suggest any of these 3 options:

1. Get a 7-seater MPV Gas M/T (Innova, Adventure, etc..)
    2. Get a 5-seater crossover Gas M/T (Tucson, ASX, etc..)
    3. Get a 7-seater SUV Diesel M/T (Montero, Sorento, etc..)

Thanks sir silverspitz for your comment. I think you have a point. I'm considering your advise.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    SUV + Gas engine + 7 seater + Manual transmission = SUPER LOW RESALE Value. Any savings you "THINK" you can get by having this combination will be wiped out by deprecation and really low 2nd hand market demand. Take a look around... the big automakers did their research. If there was a big enough market for this combination, you can rest assured that they would have a model line-up to address it.

Fact of the matter is, there is a very very small niche market for this type of combination. Please note I am not talking about AUVs but SUV's (which is what you want).

I suggest : Gas + AT (fortuner or Montero) or Diesel + AT (you have a ton of choices). I prefer Diesel + A/T. In the long run diesel + at = excellent mileage, decent maintenance and superb resale value.

Good luck!

Thanks EQAddict

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    petrol ba yung manual ng Sorento? pero 5 seaters yata

bakit kaya ayaw ni TS ng A/T? SF na sana
    Last edited by dfopiso; October 17th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    *TS: once nakagamit ka ng matic ayaw mo na mag manual lalo nat kung lagi ka sa city. Lalo na kung gas fed engine then matic very smooth sailing di nakakapagod manenohin

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    petrol ba yung manual ng Sorento? pero 5 seaters yata

bakit kaya ayaw ni TS ng A/T? SF na sana
    Sorry, mali nasulat ko, here is a better list of options for TS
    Category 1
    7-seater SUV Diesel M/T = Montero, Fortuner & Alterra
    7-seater SUV Diesel A/T = Montero, Fortuner & Santa Fe

Category 2
    7-seater MPV/AUV Gas M/T = Innova, Adventure
    7-seater MPV/AUV Gas A/T = Innova, Adventure, Grandis, Fuzion
    7-seater MPV/AUV Diesel M/T and A/T = Innova, Adventure, Crosswind

Category 3
    5-seater Crossover Gas M/T = Tucson
    5-seater Crossover Gas A/T = Tucson, ASX, Rav4, CRV, Xtrail, Forester
    5-seater Crossover Diesel A/T = Tucson, Sorento

I suppose that the 7-seater requirement is non-negotiable, I know how it feels in buying a family car and how mobile real-estate is critical. If not, get a Crossover any day (category 3), it gets the best of space, comfort, ground clearance and performance, at the expense of seating capacity. Get A/T for more choices in this category.

Once decided on the 7-seater requirement as non-negotiable, then choose if you would go for an SUV (category 1) or settle with an MPV/AUV (category 2) for more practicality.

For category 1, get a diesel, it's fuel efficient and it's maintenance friendly, don't worry, since this is no longer the usual "low end diesel" engines that has repair headaches and emission issues. Modern engines are way better. Get A/T for driving convenience and higher resale value, but get M/T for practicality (need quick acceleration at times, or easy low battery starts) or if you are a die hard manual user like me. Get this category as long as your budget permits. This is the best category in terms of vehicle performance and prestige.

For category 2, get this if you have limited budget, or you really really want a Gas M/T combo like me, or both. Only this category has gas efficient variants, regardless of A/T or M/T. Innova wins hands down in this category, it has the best combination of price, performance, comfort, space, ground clearance, cost of parts, maintenance and after sales service. This is the best category in terms of practicality and price.

Hope this helps =)

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    *TS: once nakagamit ka ng matic ayaw mo na mag manual lalo nat kung lagi ka sa city. Lalo na kung gas fed engine then matic very smooth sailing di nakakapagod manenohin

Practical lang po ako sir, alam natin na mataas ang FC ng AT compare to MT and I don't mind shifting the gear. Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Category 1

Category 2

Category 3

I suppose that the 7-seater requirement is non-negotiable, I know how it feels in buying a family car and how mobile real-estate is critical. If not, get a Crossover any day (category 3), it gets the best of space, comfort, ground clearance and performance, at the expense of seating capacity. Get A/T for more choices in this category.

Once decided on the 7-seater requirement as non-negotiable, then choose if you would go for an SUV (category 1) or settle with an MPV/AUV (category 2) for more practicality.

For category 1, get a diesel, it's fuel efficient and it's maintenance friendly, don't worry, since this is no longer the usual "low end diesel" engines that has repair headaches and emission issues. Modern engines are way better. Get A/T for driving convenience and higher resale value, but get M/T for practicality (need quick acceleration at times, or easy low battery starts) or if you are a die hard manual user like me. Get this category as long as your budget permits. This is the best category in terms of vehicle performance and prestige.

For category 2, get this if you have limited budget, or you really really want a Gas M/T combo like me, or both. Only this category has gas efficient variants, regardless of A/T or M/T. Innova wins hands down in this category, it has the best combination of price, performance, comfort, space, ground clearance, cost of parts, maintenance and after sales service. This is the best category in terms of practicality and price.

Hope this helps =)

Thanks sir.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Category 1

Category 2

Category 3

Hope this helps =)
    walang gas tsaka A/T ang adventure M/T and diesel lahat

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    walang gas tsaka A/T ang adventure M/T and diesel lahat
    Tlaga? I wasn't aware and I stand corrected, hehehe, wala na pala yun gas na Adventure? Alam ko kasi few years ago Revo vs Adventure pa sa gas engine market magkalaban. Tsaka weird nman yun AUV na walang A/T variant, alam ko malaki market ng budget family car na A/T eh =(

Oh well, that explains why Innova is a sure winner sa category na yun. Ladder frame in an MPV outfit, AUV durability and car like comfort, plus complete with all variants (M/T A/T Gas Diesel) and cheaper than crosswind.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Need help on 7 seater suv w/gasoline engine and manual transmission