New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    well as for them wala talaga. as silverspitz explained, walang masyadong market for that.

pwede rin avanza kung gusto mo

Kapag SUV walang market. Pero sa MPV tsaka AUV meron, at medyo dumadami. Dati Revo at Adventure lang, ngayun meron na Innova, Avanza, Grand Livina. Yun Fuzion, Carens, Orlando at Grandis A/T lang eh. Pero dumadami na 7-seater Gas MPVs sa market. Sana nga maglabas na rin sila ng Honda Stream at Toyota Wish.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    if you could alter your criteria a bit (to matic tranny), the Montero Sport 3.0 GLS MIVEC is a good candidate.

bang for the buck at 1.440M you get a powerful 3.0L V6 220hp MIVEC engine.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I believe only the Alterra and the Everest are the ones in that segment which doesn't have insanely cramped 3rd rows and limited headroom. Its just that the Alterra seems to have a rough transition from pickup to SUV. Looking at its competitors, it wouldn't immediately surface, or in some cases even, wouldn't surface that its a pickup with an extended roofline and more seats. But that is exactly what comes to mind when I see an Alterra's side and rear quarters. A shame really since the D-Max is a really good looking pickup.

Kumusta naman ang gas mileage? Our previous Trooper 4x2 A/T gets a dismal 6.5km/L city. Marami nagsasabi napakatipid daw neto even with the A/T variant. Gaano katipid exactly?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    SUV? manual? 7-seater?

pwede ka pagawa ng jeep. walang brand new na ganyan dito sa pinas.

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi TS, even if they would have one in the future, I really don't recommend a gas engine SUV (7-seater for that matter, ex. Fortuner, Montero, Alterra, Santa Fe, etc.) at all, I prefer diesel engines for large vehicles.

The only time I would consider a gas engine, if its a crossover (5-seater, ex. CRV, X-trail, ASX, Tucson, etc.), or an MPV (7-seater, ex. Innova, Grandis, etc.). Then for either diesel or gas, I will choose M/T over A/T if available, this is 2nd in priority. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I believe only the Alterra and the Everest are the ones in that segment which doesn't have insanely cramped 3rd rows and limited headroom. Its just that the Alterra seems to have a rough transition from pickup to SUV. Looking at its competitors, it wouldn't immediately surface, or in some cases even, wouldn't surface that its a pickup with an extended roofline and more seats. But that is exactly what comes to mind when I see an Alterra's side and rear quarters. A shame really since the D-Max is a really good looking pickup.

Kumusta naman ang gas mileage? Our previous Trooper 4x2 A/T gets a dismal 6.5km/L city. Marami nagsasabi napakatipid daw neto even with the A/T variant. Gaano katipid exactly?
    I agree, Troopers are not efficient in mileage, it also has a lot of problems regarding its system, and repairs takes forever and parts are imported so they are expensive. Trooper owner horror experiences really ruined Isuzu's reputation and potential in the SUV segment. So they are a bit stuck in the pickup and AUV segment now.

I also agree that Alterra won't really surface above competition given its old-stylish look, higher price compared to its competitors and 7-year old engine with first-gen turbo. Ford Everest had a better chance in the competition given the Ford tag it carries, but I feel that in terms of space, it's not really that roomy compared to Monteros or Fortuners, even if 3rd rows are spacious, it feels like its a crosswind inside it lacks a bit of width, I also heard that its not that fuel efficient and parts are expensive. This was way back in 2010.

We merely choose the Alterra since my parents simply wants a reliable and durable on-off road vehicle, with high clearance, un-cramped 3rd rows, and a low maintenance system since its going to be driver maintained. Refinement, prestige, high performance and all those bells and whistles didn't really matter to my them, I guess they are one of the minorities who suits Alterra's target market, lucky for Isuzu.

As a consolation though, Alterra owners didn't have any headaches on the vehicle, all are satisfied with the engine performance for casual street use and for climbing slopes with heavy loads, and reported really high fuel mileage of more than 10km/L, totally opposite of Trooper owner's feedback.

But I also agree that the Alterra can have more improvement in the looks and price department, given that D-max looks good, while being competitively priced. I don't see a reason why they couldn't do that on the Alterra, and replace the aging engine already!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Tama. We don't see and hear of Alterra's having smoky engines even when still relatively new, or having incompatibility issues with the local fuel, despite the engine actually being Euro 3 compliant. I really don't know how the Alterra does it. It would seem that it is actually more fuel efficient than the 2.5L competition! And then we consider that the 3.0L Fortuner is every bit as thirsty as the old Trooper.

Considering that the Chevy Colorado is already here, and the Trailblazer is coming soon, I wonder what Isuzu is doing?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If you want the looks & have the dough, grab an explorer. Tapos ang kwento.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    ^ diesel engine ang adventure e
    Merong gas dati eh. Wala na pala ngayon? ehehe!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    If you want the looks & have the dough, grab an explorer. Tapos ang kwento.
    Manual ang Explorer?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    Merong gas dati eh. Wala na pala ngayon? ehehe!
    yup. wala na

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Need help on 7 seater suv w/gasoline engine and manual transmission