New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blinker
    ang sinabi ko na wala kong pakeelam kahit pa isang libo na ang thread about mazda 3. i made this thread specifically to compare both cars (na parang ngayon nalalayo na sa topic) para hindi hassle na punta kapa sa isang isang thread then to the next then another thread. it would be easier to compare and comment in one thread rather than commenting on different other threads. then trying to compare those comments.
    dude, you need to learn internet forum etiquette. for reference look at ILD's post right above mine. the reason why redundant threads are discouraged is to keep discussions on the same topic in the same place (for easier reference), and so that other threads are not bumped down unnecessarily.

basically what you're saying is wala kang pakialam kung maperwisyo yung 50,000 other members of this forum, basta ikaw convenient yung pagkuha mo ng impormasyon. you're also asking the more experienced members of this forum to repeat themselves on something they've already spent a lot of time discussing.

bigla akong nawalan ng gana...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i understand you guys, and also being a new member hindi ko alam na may serach function. kakapikon lang na gagawa ka ng thread tapos babastosin lng pala you can see naman na i am a new user, sana konting consideration din nmn, sana sabihin nyo ng maayos. i am not completely aware of the features of this site. if you dont want to repeat your comments ok lng i understand. i just made this thread thinking that i would help to have a clear comparion between the two, dahil mahirap din mag comment ng hindi mo alam kung specifically ano ung kinocompare. like all of you im excited when i comes to cars that you like, cyempre being a new user malay ko ba kung pano mag work tong site, hindi recently lnag ako natututo kung nao nangyayari sa mga new threads, threads that i have replied on and so on. kaya nga sabi ko diba thnk you sa mga sumiryoso sa threads ko i know i have added to many mazda 3 threads cyempre just i wanted to know more about the car i wanted, hindi ko namn alam kung gaano na kadami at un nga kug pano mag works ung mga threads. again being a new member konting considerations lng u cant expect me to master this site in less that a week. sorry for the inconvinience i've caused, again thank you for all your help nlng.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hahaha ang layo na sa topic. konting dagdag na lang. perhaps in everything, newbies/neophytes/freshmen etc expect and deserve patience and consideration from oldies/veterans/seniors etc. oldies/veterans/seniors etc, on the other hand, expect humility and respect from newbies/neophytes/freshmen etc. from what i've read, you expect what you're supposed to expect BUT you never gave what was expected of you. if i'm asked to search other threads first, i would reply "ok thanks for the suggestion but i tried and i can't seem to find a thread similar to this so i decided to make a new one". i wouldn't dare say that i wouldn't even try it or that i don't care. anyway, credit to experience na lang. pero kung ayaw mong ganun, then don't come back anymore. hehe. joke joke joke! peace men!

back to the topic, i wouldn't suggest the "wait for the newest model" thing coz halos every year may bagong model na lalabas. 1st choice mo naman mazda 3 kaya ok na yan! hehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    thnks fr understanding. huling hirit na to hehe ayaw ko lng kc ung dating nung statement nya prang "hindi mo ba lam me search button!? bat ka pa gumawa ng thread!" un ung dating sakin, if dats not wat he means then misunderstanding lang, siyempre impulse ko mapikon siya nmn napikon din. un lng... tnx again. il be getting the 3 na baka tong dec. tapos ung registration 06 ewn ko lng kung papayag sila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    geez, do you really have to create another F'n thread? Dont we have enough comparisons for Mazda3? :question:
    You could have stated this in a more subtle manner.

blinker, I think that russpogi meant well when he have you the "Search" link. Just don't be to overly sensitive though.

Quote Originally Posted by coiter
    perhaps in everything, newbies/neophytes/freshmen etc expect and deserve patience and consideration from oldies/veterans/seniors etc. oldies/veterans/seniors etc, on the other hand, expect humility and respect from newbies/neophytes/freshmen etc
    Well said... a simple "Please use the search function" would have sufficed instead of a long litany of words that can be perceived (like what happened here) as a flame.

Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    bro, what they're trying to use is make a quick search before posting a new thread, the last thing we need here is a redundant threads. oo nga you are comparing a Honda Civic and a Mazda 6, but it wouldn't hurt using the search function... ilan na ang threads dito tungkol sa Mazda 6 and bagong Honda, you can make your comparisons based on the threads.
    In fairness to blinker... there is no thread titled "Mazda3 v Civic 2006". There's a similar thread (which I already merged into this), but he might have overlooked it.

And starting a thread specifically to compare directly the Mazda3 and Civic isn't bad at all.

BTTT!

P.S. I'll be deleting any more replies about this. Let's just get over it.
    Last edited by mazdamazda; December 8th, 2005 at 09:32 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ladies and Gents,
    Motor Trend Announces 2006 car of the year

http://motortrend.com/features/news/...r_of_the_year/

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some of the awards garnered by the Mazda3:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by blinker
    Russpogi:
    to all who took this thread seriously tnx. ive decided to get the mz3 R tnx again.
    final answer na ba yan??

sali ka na dito!
    www.clubmazda3.com.ph
    pm me if you want more details... maybe the group can also help you in getting your unit fast..

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mackieboy
    final answer na ba yan??
    FINAL ANSWER na ! wohoo! now in the phase of choosing the color either black, silver or the platinum na available sa gh branch pero hindi sa q. ave (o baka mali lng pagkarinig ko haha)

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    2006 Economy Sedan Comparison Test: Honda Civic vs. Mazda 3
    Introduction
    By Josh Jacquot Email
    from Edmunds.com
    Date posted: 12-26-2005

Mustang vs. Camaro. WRX vs. EVO. Ferrari vs. Cobra.

Automotive rivalries have a way of driving home loyalty with both enthusiasts and average consumers. And now there's another one to add to the list: Mazda 3 vs. Honda Civic. Even though the battle for economy sedan supremacy won't be played out on drag strips, rally stages or the Mulsanne straight, the stakes, for the automakers involved, are equally high.

After all, winning consumer loyalty in this segment — which rivals full-size trucks and midsize sedans as a volume leader in the U.S. auto market — can make a serious dent in year-end balance sheets. This is why companies like Honda and Mazda have spent major effort designing and redesigning the Civic and Mazda 3 and why they are the two most prominent players in the game at the moment.

Top ranked players
    When it comes to economical compact sedans Honda is a serious contender. The Civic is a traditional class leader having won our 2003 Economy Sedan Comparison Test and finishing second in our 2005 Economy Sedan Comparison Test in its last generation. But now there's a fully redesigned 2006 Civic ready to take on all comers with a more powerful engine, multiple transmission options, a new suspension and revised styling.

The Civic comes standard with a 1.8-liter inline four-cylinder rated at 140 horsepower and 128 pound-feet of torque. The EX model we ordered for this test came loaded with standard features often found only as options on most cars. Key EX features include the five-speed automatic transmission, 16-inch wheels, air conditioning, a moonroof, keyless entry, a 60/40-split-folding rear seat, and a jack for portable music players. Side airbags and side curtain airbags are standard on all Civics. Our test car was outfitted with the standard five-speed automatic transmission and stickered for $19,610, including the $550 destination fee.

Mazda's 3, however, is the current king of the compact sedan market, beating the Civic in our last comparison test with handling and control feel normally reserved for pure-bred sports cars. Its build quality, materials and design are all top notch. Add up the 3's unbelievable dynamics and superb build quality and it only makes sense that it's the current ruler of the compact sedan roost.

For this test we ordered an S Grand Touring model, which comes with a 2.3-liter inline four-cylinder rated at 160 hp and 150 lb-ft of torque. Seventeen-inch wheels are standard as are leather seats, side airbags with curtains, xenon headlights and rain-sensing windshield wipers. Our test car cost $22,010 including the optional $950 five-speed automatic transmission, $1,335 moonroof/CD changer package and $560 destination fee.

The test
    We ordered both cars with automatic transmissions figuring we'd provide the same mechanical playing field we did with our previous comparison test. Plus, more Civics and 3s are sold with automatics than with manual transmissions. Then we drove them like most people would — back and forth to work, through long stints in traffic and for the usual weekend duties. We even loaded a mountain bike in them to see if it was possible. Impressively, the backseat of both cars swallowed the bike with the front wheel removed.

When we were convinced both cars were capable of the mundane tasks everyone would ask of them, we went to the track and did things no one will ever do in these slushbox-equipped economy cars. Brake-smoking stops, cone-crushing slalom passes and not-so-blistering acceleration runs through the quarter-mile were de rigueur. And when we were done, a clear winner was obvious.

The winner
    Despite being a rivalry which will be fought at dealerships, this test climaxed first at the track where the Mazda 3 simply stomped the Civic in any test that involved moving. All the instrumented tests fell heavily in favor of the sharper, stiffer, more powerful Mazda.

On the street the Civic did show its refined heritage. It's a fine car to pilot for everyday duty with quality construction and a comfortable ride. It comes with some smart features we found useful — like the portable music player jack — and a long list of standard luxuries, some of which cost extra on the 3.

Even so, the Mazda still outshines the newly redesigned Civic when it comes to interior materials and styling. Plus, the Mazda's dash is easier to use than the Civic's two-tiered speedometer/tachometer displays as are its stereo and heater-A/C controls.

At first, the $2,400 difference in cost between our test cars was a major concern, but then we realized we could do without the $1,335 moonroof/CD changer package on our 3. Without it we'd have a car that cost only $1,000 more than the Civic. That thousand bucks simply buys the better car.

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Mazda3 v Honda Civic (2006) [Merged]