The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Edmund's Most wanted for 2006

Editors' Most Wanted Vehicles for 2006

Most Wanted Sedan Under $15,000

Winner: Mazda 3

After two years in production, the Mazda 3 continues to be the darling of the economy sedan segment. The 3's solid combination of a well-tuned suspension, quick steering and eager brakes make it the most fun-to-drive sedan in the "Under $15,000" class. Throw in two of the most powerful engines among the competition and it's easy to see why we're big fans of this four-door. Add in the 3's dashing good looks and stylish yet comfortable interior, and you've got an all-around winner. Those shopping the econo sedan segment will be pleased to find a car that provides far more than basic transportation. The Mazda 3 is a car you actually want to drive.

Honorable Mention: Honda Civic

Honda's popular Civic underwent a complete redesign for 2006, and the update makes it even more capable of taking on the competition. Honda's long-standing reputation for exceptional build quality and reliability has always made it a smart choice among savvy consumers. But there's more to it than that. The Civic also gives buyers refined handling characteristics and a thoughtfully designed interior. Although it's not the fastest, the biggest or the cheapest, the Civic always feels like one of the most competent vehicles in this price range regardless of whether you choose a sensible LX or a fuel-sipping hybrid.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

so Mazda 3 pa din! lalo na at Made (assembled in the Philippines 'to). sana labas nyo na 5AT at 5speed Manual tranny para mas lalong masaya.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    mas konti talaga ang Mazda3 fans, mas madami pa din ang Civic loyalist. though i myself is Civic Owner. now on my 10th year and looking for a replacement of my ESi.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    pareho tayo parakitoJDM.hehe kaso sa akin going 10 years pa lang. dami pa lalabas na bago next year kaya hintay hintay lang :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by parakitoJDM
    mas konti talaga ang Mazda3 fans, mas madami pa din ang Civic loyalist. though i myself is Civic Owner. now on my 10th year and looking for a replacement of my ESi.
    kokonti pa lalo yan in 5 years or so. A month from now, they'll lose another owner. :evillaugh

im jumping back to the honda bandwagon, haha

edit: the recent edmunds review just made Mazda3's resale value to stabilize. good thing!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Karding; November 8th, 2005 at 01:04 AM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    kokonti pa lalo yan in 5 years or so. A month from now, they'll lose another owner. :evillaugh

im jumping back to the honda bandwagon, haha

edit: the recent edmunds review just made Mazda3's resale value to stabilize. good thing!!!!!!!
    ako naman baliktad, i'm leaning more towards the MZ3 now. i've had serious problems with my ESi too (snapped Timing belt at 69thou Km.; plastic radiator top leaking. and the car don't track straight anymore fm. 30thou. km onwards). siguro sa 'yo dyan Honda has better service. But dto sa pinas eh pagka-sobra ng cars sa casa its hard to get quality service nowadays. kaya mas ok sa Mazda Phil. now they have exclusive dealerships (di tulad dati na shared) and konti pa lang and i heard of good & courteous service fm. the new generation of Mazda dealerships in the Philippines. Plus medyo patriotic ako ngayon eh, MZ3's are assembled in the Philippines (where we badly need jobs) unlike the Civic w/c i'm sure will be coming fm. Honda Thailand.

anyway, to each his own.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    yehey for Mazda3...
    though im a mz3 and a civic fan...(kasi we have both hehehe)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by allanraymondr
    pareho tayo parakitoJDM.hehe kaso sa akin going 10 years pa lang. dami pa lalabas na bago next year kaya hintay hintay lang :D
    hi allanraymondr,
    my car just turned 10years last month, ending '0' eh. he he. but mileage is not that high. only around 105thou. km. i think its still holding ok, despite the parts replacement i did (timing belt x2, radiator, shocks, etc). now i'm just really about the tiring "road noise" from the car, its not as quiet as it was 10years ago. ha ha ha, i guess that's to be expected. so antay antay lang...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by akuma
    yehey for Mazda3...
    though im a mz3 and a civic fan...(kasi we have both hehehe)
    Akuma-kun (dba devil in japanese yun?) kohnichiwa. btw, which variants u have? hey isn't that BMW M3 in your Avatar? u also have one of those? wow .... accdg. to many owners who used to own BMW's, they attest to the ala BMW feeling of driving, owning, handling, etc. of the MZ3. Do u share the same sentiment?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    thats an AC Schnitzer M6..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    thats an AC Schnitzer M6..
    wow mas malufet pala.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
Mazda3 v Honda Civic (2006) [Merged]