New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    You need only one good reason to choose the Mazda 3 over any Honda vehicle: it probably has a longer-lasting paint job.

Although the Jazz wins some points (to me, at least) for having an M/T variant.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 8th, 2007 at 12:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alph View Post
    add 100-200k makakabili ka na ng compact SUV now..why not try compact SUV...mas astig tingnan ang girls driving compact SUV...
    oo nga ma'm mag mazda tribute ka na lang. 850k for a mz3 hatch tapos 999k for 2.3L fully loaded mazda tribute. dun ka na sa malaki

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I posted this in the City vs Jazz thread and if you've read my raves about the Honda Jazz you know what I will vote for. But this is not my vote, this is MotorWeek USA's vote (copied and pasted from the newsfeed section of Tsikot.yehey.com)

"We must admit that we were a bit surprised that MotorWeek’s award for “Best Car of the Year” went to the Honda Fit (Jazz). But, we suppose that it, uh, fits. We know, that was way too easy - feel free to mock us in the comments, we can take it. Here is the complete list of winners:

Best of the Year: Honda Fit (Jazz)
    Best Small Car: wait for it… Honda Fit (Jazz)
    Best Family Sedan: Saturn Aura
    Best Minivan: Hyundai Entourage/Kia Sedona
    Best Convertible: Volkswagen Eos
    Best Luxury Sedan: Lexus LS
    Best Sports Sedan: Infiniti G35
    Best Performance Car: Ford Shelby GT500
    Best Small Utility: Honda CR-V
    Best Large Utility: Chevrolet Tahoe/GMC Yukon
    Best Crossover Utility: GMC Acadia/Saturn Outlook
    Best Pickup Truck: Chevrolet Silverado/GMC Sierra
    Best Eco-Friendly: Toyota Motor Corporation
    Best Dream Machine: Jaguar XKR, Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano, Porsche 911 Turbo
    We can’t say that we agree with many of these choices, but we didn’t choose them, MotorWeek’s editors did. We just typed them for your benefit, ’cause we’re cool like that."

Jazz all the way.

Saturn Aura? A GM badge-job gets the best family sedan award over the Civic, Accord and the Fusion? What's up with that? EDIT: Oh, it won North American, too... hmmmmm....

Best eco-friendly? Toyota which just introduced the biggest gas-guzzler the pickup market has ever seen? Wow.
    Last edited by niky; February 8th, 2007 at 05:36 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

mazda 3 hatch ko pag eto ang usapan <click pic>

pero kung phil release, jazz 1.5 cvt ako, all-rouder na all-rounder. tipid pa sa gas kasi CVT sya!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Saturn Aura? A GM badge-job gets the best family sedan award over the Civic, Accord and the Fusion? What's up with that? EDIT: Oh, it won North American, too... hmmmmm....

Best eco-friendly? Toyota which just introduced the biggest gas-guzzler the pickup market has ever seen? Wow.
    The Aura uses the wide version of the platform used by the Opel Vectra and Saab 9-3. It is the exact platform used by the Fiat Croma and Opel Signum so with it's Euro influence it may not be all that bad of a car. Besides I think GM is starting to understand how the market works Pontiac will soon be coming with the G8 based on the Holden VE Commodore and Chevy will have the new Camaro.

Well Toyota does have several hybrid models and the Tundra doesn't even come close to being the biggest gas guzzler pickup, that honor goes to the GM engines which can be had with a 6L V8.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    The Aura uses the wide version of the platform used by the Opel Vectra and Saab 9-3. It is the exact platform used by the Fiat Croma and Opel Signum so with it's Euro influence it may not be all that bad of a car. Besides I think GM is starting to understand how the market works Pontiac will soon be coming with the G8 based on the Holden VE Commodore and Chevy will have the new Camaro.

Well Toyota does have several hybrid models and the Tundra doesn't even come close to being the biggest gas guzzler pickup, that honor goes to the GM engines which can be had with a 6L V8.
    Yeah, a lot of US boardmates from a US-UK board are raving about the new "European-ized" GM, whilst a lot of UK boardmates are going... "Whuu?". Still, a dash of refinement will probably help GM go a long way.

It's just funny that Toyota is aggressively expanding into the truck market on one end, and aggressively marketing their "greenie" image on the other end... what about other companies, like Honda? Honda, while trying to break into the truck market, is still staying true to its roots by offering the Ridgeline and Pilot with relatively small but powerful and efficient V6s.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Top Gear loves the Honda Fit! (Jazz)

I mean, their mom's... (Mrs. Clarkson, Mrs. May, and Mrs. Hammond)

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    depends on your priorities in buying the car.
    The jazz for its fuel economy, easy drivability, honda resale, its utility.
    The mazda3 hatch if you carry more passengers, has better brakes, steering?, or your preference for larger cars.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yeah, a lot of US boardmates from a US-UK board are raving about the new "European-ized" GM, whilst a lot of UK boardmates are going... "Whuu?". Still, a dash of refinement will probably help GM go a long way.

It's just funny that Toyota is aggressively expanding into the truck market on one end, and aggressively marketing their "greenie" image on the other end... what about other companies, like Honda? Honda, while trying to break into the truck market, is still staying true to its roots by offering the Ridgeline and Pilot with relatively small but powerful and efficient V6s.
    OT
    Refinement will come in due time but hopefully it isn't too late for GM. But they are at least starting to bring good GM models from abroad to the US. Saturn will bring the Opel/Vauxhall Astra here as a Saturn Astra and Pontiac will have the G8 a version of the Holden Commodore VE so they are at least trying to change. As far as Honda trying to break into the truck market they need to try harder since nobody who like trucks will buy a Ridgeline because it has poor load and towing ability. Not sure if the sales of the Ridgeline has picked up(no pun intended) because it was slow from it's introduction, you can get a Chevy Avalanche that will be able to do the same and tow better than the Ridgeline. The Pilot/MDX is a different story since it caters to market more interested in ride and comfort.

BTT: Just get the Mazda you have smile when you drive it.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi there. I'm new here.

I have been reading a lot of forums and car reviews coz I'm about to buy a new car. After reading different opinions of experts like you in different forums, I have come to a decision to get the M3 HB.

Just sharing...

Thanks.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Mazda 3 hatchback or Honda Jazz???