New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last edited by kathleentan; February 5th, 2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: :)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You have to determine first factors that you consider/value such as:
    - resale value? - honda has an edge
    - performance? - Jazz 1.3 vs. Mazda3 1.6, Mazda 3 handles like a dream
    - fuel economy? - Jazz no doubt
    - space? - Jazz seems to have better space utilization but the Mazda is still a full-size sedan.
    - city or highway driving? - both are quiote easy to drive (the JAzz has the advantage of size in the city), on long trips the Mazda may be better due to it's heft.

My .02

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What do you value more?

Riding comfort? Fuel economy? Resale value? Cargo capacity?

The Mazda3 HB rides better and has better seats than the Jazz. You'll know this very well if you drive longer distances. Mazda3 also handles better with nice feedback from the car. The Jazz's power steering feels disconnected from the road, kinda feels driving one of those racing video games.

The Jazz (as mentioned above) gets better fuel economy because of its engine and its lighter weight as well.

Honda gets better resale value BUT if you are buying your Mazda3 HB from the used car market, you might actually get a better deal (as compared to the Jazz).

Cargo capacity... its basically a hit and miss here. The Jazz can fit more stuff for a car of its size BUT the Mazda3 HB can still get more things inside simply because the Mazda3 is a bigger vehicle.

My personal choice... Mazda3 HB over the Jazz.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Resale value... the Mazda3 may not have the "Honda" cachet, but resale value isn't actually bad.

The Mazda3 is a much better car, inside and out, except in terms of fuel economy and power... while the Jazz is kind of fun to drive, tama nga si gh, it's like driving a video game. The newer Jazzes have heavier steering but it's still kinda disconnected... the Mazda3, however, is pleasing to drive in all aspects (again, except for the lack of power).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i dont like non-independent rear suspension.

i vote for Mazda3 HB.

besides its more car for the money.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    feeling bmw naman mz3 hatch eh, mahal mahal liit naman

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Go for the Mazda... Pero kung tipid ang hanap mo, mag Jazz ka...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Cargo capacity... its basically a hit and miss here. The Jazz can fit more stuff for a car of its size BUT the Mazda3 HB can still get more things inside simply because the Mazda3 is a bigger vehicle.
    Sorry but I beg to differ here. This is the very reason why I chose Jazz over the Mazda Hatch when I was shopping for a car.

The Jazz holds a way lot more than the Mazda Hatch. Even if the Mazda is a bigger car, the Jazz ULT seats and high roof line clearly is the winner here. Sure you could still put a lot of stuff inside the Mazda but not the big ones. I once had to load a 29" inch TV and a very big and long Caha de Oro with no problems at all.

The Mazda is a very good car, no mistake about it. Some find it a bit underpowered but I find it just ok for city driving. The seats are comfortable.

In spite of the steering feedback of the Jazz, it is still fun to drive, specially the CVT. Very economical and if you get the VTEC engine, very responsive.

IMO, you need to see the strengths of each car and see what you really need. Test drive both to get a real feel.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Surprisingly the Jazz can actually hold more cargo than the Mazda 3 hatchback even with it's size.

Specs
    Mazda 3 hatchback w/ seats up 17.1 cubic feet w/ seats folded 31.2
    passenger volume 95.4 cubic feet.

Honda Jazz w/ seats up 21.3 cubic feet w/ seats folded 41.9
    passenger volume 90.0 cubic feet

If you feel that you will carry cargo more than people then the Jazz may be better along with it's fuel economy. But if you value passenger space more than cargo capacity along with driving feel then the Mazda 3 is the better vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    double post...
    Last edited by mbeige; February 6th, 2007 at 11:44 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Mazda 3 hatchback or Honda Jazz???