New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by powerloord View Post
    I went to Subaru earlier to confirm changes sa 2.0x. Sabi ng ahente nawala ang power drivers seat pero dinagdag naman nila ng 1 subwoofer which is located under the driver's seat (making it a total of 7 vs 6 speakers before). Yung pop-up headlight washer dati na pala meron.

Sir dati ng meron subwoofer ang 2009 forester sa driver seat,and yes total of 7 speakers yung sa akin.tell the agent na may nakausap ka na 2009 forester owner at may subwoofer na sa driver seat dati pa...
    yup dati na yung pop up washer,so yung power seat sa driver side pala ang nawala.
    i dont know kung meron din yung 2.0x na push button ang rear seat and kung power folding side mirror na rin sya...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Nung na Ondoy FXT ko, nagpalit ako ng HU at magpapalit na din sana ng speakers para gumanda ang tunog. Kaso sabi ng suki namin sa Banawe mas maganda pa daw yung Oem SPEAKERS ko kesa dun sa speakers na meron sila. Kaya daw matinis ang sound ay dahil yung sub na nasa likod ay dapat na naka ampli.

Nung nagpalit ako ng HU, kinuha ko yung may built-in ampl, kinabit yung nasa trunk and presto! Malaki nga ginanda ng tunog!

At kudos lang, I don't think Subaru is for SM-type people ... hindi talaga sila magiging masaya.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    This is the quote/description that was given to me. All I know for sure is that they've discontinued the power adjustable driver's seat (which was only available in the first batches of 2009).

Greetings from SUBARU – Motor Image Pilipinas, Inc. Please receive in confidence our quote on all Forester vehicles. Listed below is their brief description for your perusal.

2010 Subaru Forester 2.0X A/T PHP 1, 358,000.00

• 2.0L Horizontally Opposed, 4 Cylinder, 16 Valve, Double Over Head Cam (DOHC)
    Gasoline Engine
    • Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel-Drive
    • Horsepower: 150hp/6,000rpm / Torque: 199N-m/3,200rpm
    • 4 -speed Electronic Automatic Transmission (E-4AT) / Sport Shift
    • Front Suspension: Independent MacPherson Strut Type, Coil Spring
    • Rear Suspension: Double Wishbone Type, Coil Spring
    • Dual Supplemental Restraint System(SRS) Front, Side & Curtain Airbags
    • 16” Aluminum Alloy Magwheels, 215 / 65 R16
    • 4-sensor / 4-channel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) w/ Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD) & Brake Assist System (BAS)
    • All Power Features: Steering (Tilt & Telescopic Adjust), Door Locks, Windows, Side Mirrors & Moon-Roof
    • 6CD In-dash, I-Pod AUX, 2-din Audio, 7 Speakers, 1 Subwoofer
    • Black Fabric Seats / Whiplash Reducing Headrest
    • Multi-reflector HID Headlamp w/ Pop-up Type Headlamp Washers / Fog Lamps
    • Twin Exhaust / Self-levelizing System (Rear Suspension)
    • Fuel Tank Capacity: 60 Liters
    • CBU Japan
    • Colors: Satin White Pearl, Newport Blue, Obsidian Black, Dark Gray Metallic, Camellia Red Pearl, Sage Green Metallic, Steel Silver Metallic

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar View Post
    Powerloord, thanks for the info...

What? No more power adjustable seats? If this is true, then this is a downer Not really a deal breaker but this is one of the features (along with the sun roof and 6 CD/6 speaker system) that helped me go with the Subaru Forrester. I guess this is cost cutting on the part of Subaru. From a marketing perspective, I say this is a dent on their competitve advantage. I hope they replaced this feature with another "plus" to add value and make ownership just as sweet.

As for the side mirrors and door handles, I left mine as is. Didn't want to change the "character" of the Forrester. I felt that body color was a little "blingy" for an SUV. But this is just my personal opinion and preference.

I added some accessories to my Forrester to add to the utility. Will post some pics when I get the time.
    Supercar, did you get your forester tinted at MI? I was advised by the agent to go elsewhere to get a cheaper as MI was charging P8,500 and above for tint (which they sub-contract anyway). I'm thinking of getting a 3M CS20 medium dark which blends well with the Dark Gray Metallic. Meron ka bang mare-recommend na tint shop?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Supercar, did you get your forester tinted at MI? I was advised by the agent to go elsewhere to get a cheaper as MI was charging P8,500 and above for tint (which they sub-contract anyway). I'm thinking of getting a 3M CS20 medium dark which blends well with the Dark Gray Metallic. Meron ka bang mare-recommend na tint shop?
    Try mo sa Vkool santolan malapit sa Cocept one and kahilera ng Mothers car wash...i paid abot 6500 yata for Solar guard included na ang sunroof...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Try mo sa Vkool santolan malapit sa Concept one and kahilera ng Mothers car wash...i paid abot 6500 yata for Solar guard included na ang sunroof...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dpo kenneth View Post
    Try mo sa Vkool santolan malapit sa Concept one and kahilera ng Mothers car wash...i paid abot 6500 yata for Solar guard included na ang sunroof...
    how abt V-Kool Shaded Meteorite? sabi ng LA Cars sa Makati, they charge about P13,000 including sunroof, 10,500 kung walang sunroof. Pag Solarguard, P6900 (w/ sunroof) P5,500 (w/o sunroof). Is advisable to tint the sunroof? Won't it interfere with the sunroof operation?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    how abt V-Kool Shaded Meteorite? sabi ng LA Cars sa Makati, they charge about P13,000 including sunroof, 10,500 kung walang sunroof. Pag Solarguard, P6900 (w/ sunroof) P5,500 (w/o sunroof). Is advisable to tint the sunroof? Won't it interfere with the sunroof operation?
    As much as possible HUWAG sa LA cars...dami sa kanila reklamo at karamihan sa products nila ay fake....even sa SCP dami complain sa shop na yan at kahit dito sa tsikot....
    Better sa Vkool santolan..
    By the way hindi ako connected sa kanila ha and im just happy for the service...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I went to Subaru earlier to confirm changes sa 2.0x. Sabi ng ahente nawala ang power drivers seat pero dinagdag naman nila ng 1 subwoofer which is located under the driver's seat (making it a total of 7 vs 6 speakers before). Yung pop-up headlight washer dati na pala meron.

bakit ako walang subwoofer pati pop-up headlight washer wala din.:blue: i just got my forester last december 1 2009.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    if you have seen the new facelifted Ford escape parked side by side with this overhyped forester, magtataka siguro sila kumbakit the forester is almost double the price of the ford escape. parehong-parehong itsura.

but of course, who am i to argue about the engine daw, and the performance of the forester. pero yun nga lang parehas lang itsura sa labas.

if this is the case, i'd go for CRV for the looks.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Honda CRV 2.0S VS Subaru Forester 2.0X