New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Just a short update on the Forrester maintenance for those of you who are still sitting on the fence choosing between the Subaru and the Honda CRV. It's been a while since I started this thread.

Had my 10K check-up a few months back and spent about Php5K+ for everything. This is very similar to what I paid for my CRV's tune-up.

The nice thing about MI's service is you don't have to wait until the following day to get your car. I brought my car to MI in the morning and got it after lunch. Maybe it's just luck but it definitely beats Honda's service time. You can also work in their lounge while waiting. This is what I did.

Just a tip. Watch out for extra services in your bill. Before you have your car serviced, review the job order and remove any unwanted / unnecessary jobs the service attendant may include. This will save you some cash.

The bottom line is this. The cost to maintain my Forester and my CRV is just about equal. I believe this should not be a factor when choosing between the two and keeping it for the next 3 years or so. It may be different after 5 years but by that time, you would have enjoyed your car and should be planning to acquire your next baby.

Suggest you go with what your heart desires. Both are great cars!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    supercar,

Nice post you made here. Very informative. I went to Subaru showroom yesterday. It was there that I found out na inalis na pala ang power adjustable drivers seat nila. Sayang, nakakahinayang. But Japan HQ must be doing some cost cutting daw.

I noticed that the 2.0x's side mirrors and door handles are black. Is it advisable to have them painted body color? The sales agent said some owners who had it painted reported that the paint chipped off because of the slippery surface. Is this true?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Iba kasi yung materials pag black eh matte tawag duon... Di kakapit ng maayos yung paint duon...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Parang Greenbelt vs SM Malls. There are tons of SM Malls nationwide but only one Greenbelt.

Would I trade Greenbelt over SM? I don't think so.
    Kung matatrap ako sa loob ng mall sa SM na lang ako kasi may supermaket hind ako magugutom. Sa greenbelt ewan ko kung pwede kainin yung mga designer bag.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by powerloord View Post
    supercar,

Nice post you made here. Very informative. I went to Subaru showroom yesterday. It was there that I found out na inalis na pala ang power adjustable drivers seat nila. Sayang, nakakahinayang. But Japan HQ must be doing some cost cutting daw.

I noticed that the 2.0x's side mirrors and door handles are black. Is it advisable to have them painted body color? The sales agent said some owners who had it painted reported that the paint chipped off because of the slippery surface. Is this true?

Powerloord, thanks for the info...

What? No more power adjustable seats? If this is true, then this is a downer Not really a deal breaker but this is one of the features (along with the sun roof and 6 CD/6 speaker system) that helped me go with the Subaru Forrester. I guess this is cost cutting on the part of Subaru. From a marketing perspective, I say this is a dent on their competitve advantage. I hope they replaced this feature with another "plus" to add value and make ownership just as sweet.

As for the side mirrors and door handles, I left mine as is. Didn't want to change the "character" of the Forrester. I felt that body color was a little "blingy" for an SUV. But this is just my personal opinion and preference.

I added some accessories to my Forrester to add to the utility. Will post some pics when I get the time.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar View Post
    Powerloord, thanks for the info...

What? No more power adjustable seats? If this is true, then this is a downer Not really a deal breaker but this is one of the features (along with the sun roof and 6 CD/6 speaker system) that helped me go with the Subaru Forrester. I guess this is cost cutting on the part of Subaru. From a marketing perspective, I say this is a dent on their competitve advantage. I hope they replaced this feature with another "plus" to add value and make ownership just as sweet.

As for the side mirrors and door handles, I left mine as is. Didn't want to change the "character" of the Forrester. I felt that body color was a little "blingy" for an SUV. But this is just my personal opinion and preference.

I added some accessories to my Forrester to add to the utility. Will post some pics when I get the time.
    May nagbago pala sa sound system, it's now a 6CD In-dash, I-Pod AUX, 2-din Audio, 7 Speakers, 1 Subwoofer. I guess ito ang pinalit nila sa power adjustable seats.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    May nagbago pala sa sound system, it's now a 6CD In-dash, I-Pod AUX, 2-din Audio, 7 Speakers, 1 Subwoofer. I guess ito ang pinalit nila sa power adjustable seats.
    Meron na rin pala Multi-reflector HID Headlamp w/ Pop-up Type Headlamp Washers.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Sir Powerloord lahat ng ito ay dati na sa 2009 forester...
    ang additional is power push button seat sa likod and power folding side mirror...

Forester is really a nice SUV,Wifey loves to drive it compare on our honda

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I went to Subaru earlier to confirm changes sa 2.0x. Sabi ng ahente nawala ang power drivers seat pero dinagdag naman nila ng 1 subwoofer which is located under the driver's seat (making it a total of 7 vs 6 speakers before). Yung pop-up headlight washer dati na pala meron.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Honda CRV 2.0S VS Subaru Forester 2.0X